UFC 187: Cormier vs Rumble

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Imagine how unbearable Jones is gonna be if he actually does a proper stint in rehab and starts having more reasons to thank God

Which will make it even more satisfying when Rumble knocks him the fuck out ...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Didn’t expect this one bit! DC vs Rumble is a more than decent replacement, although one where it’s hard to pick a favourite as I’m a fan of both. I like Rumble to take it. He’s got the momentum, his wrestling should go a decent way to cancelling out DC’s & he straight wins the stand-up.

With the reports of Fertitta flying out to New Mexico to meet with Jones & his people this looks like media politics & total damage limitation on the UFC’s part. If this case gets traction & they pursue Jones heavily the UFC have distanced themselves & if it fades away as a misdemeanour that can just give Jones the next fight & he likely gets his title straight back.

• Paid Members

No matter how things go with the suspension, he's going to lose a lot of coin - as we all know, a fighter only has a limited window to grab as much cash as they can. The Rumble fight alone would have made him a few million, given it was expected to do a good number and Jones is the champion in the main event.

Meltzer made a good point in regard to the suspension, in that Jones is always going on about breaking Anderson Silva's record for most title defenses, but this essentially hits a reset button on that goal.

• Paid Members

Meltzer made a good point in regard to the suspension, in that Jones is always going on about breaking Anderson Silva's record for most title defenses, but this essentially hits a reset button on that goal.

Its a great point, I'm sure they'll try and spin it that he never got beat and such but if thats the legacy he was truly going for then I can't see it happening now

but I thought Tito was always getting in bother?

Not really.

I can't recall Tito getting into any trouble whilst he was Champion (or even when he was a big star from 2000-2008)

Unless you count him being walloped in a street fight by Lee Murray. 

Maybe the only close comparable in modern combat sports is Floyd Mayweather, who is a win away from cementing his legacy as the greatest boxer of his generation.

That is not a bad comparison 

Tito's trouble was more of an 'appearing in the tabloids' thing, in that period where there always seemed to be a bunch of drama between him and Jenna Jameson, and that picture of him with his cock out.

I had forgotten about that. The expression on his face haunted me for a while.

I agree with what you are saying.

If I recall correctly, the drama with Jameson occurred around 2010-2012. Tito was yesterday's news by that stage, and perceived as a bit of a joke. He was not even a drawing card during that period. In comparison, Jones is probably the biggest star in the company.

Dana probably had a wry smile on his face when a picture of Tito's cock appeared on his Twitter feed. In contrast, I doubt Dana was smiling when he heard the news about Jones.

• Paid Members

Meltzer made a good point on the breaking news audio; Jon running from the scene definitely opens up the question as to what substances he was on or what was in his system. That seems like the only logical reason for him to run away, only to return a few days later.

From an outsider's perspective it looks as if he's decided in the heat of the moment that running away will save him from getting caught in terms of substances, but in doing so he's opened himself up to a much bigger problem in the long term regarding the legalities of running away from the scene.

If he ends up doing jail time for bailing it could certainly be a decision he one day regrets.

Archived