UFC 187: Cormier vs Rumble

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well it's one day off being the same date. It's close enough to where I just found it to be a funny little bit of info. Nothing to get your nitpicking knickers in a twist over or anything.

• Paid Members

Well it's one day off being the same date. It's close enough to where I just found it to be a funny little bit of info. Nothing to get your nitpicking knickers in a twist over or anything.

Knickers not twisted. Was just wondering; if it's not the same day, then what's your exact cut-off to still qualify as 'eerie'? 2 days? Is 4 days still eerie? What about if the dates were 1 week apart? Just asking, so no need to get so defensive. 

But seriously - 2 guys getting stripped of titles in different sports, in different weight divisions, on different dates, for completely different reasons - so spooky! 

• Paid Members

I obviously didn't give it as much thought as you. It was a throwaway comment. Doesn't really matter does it? You only brought it up to be a smartarse anyway.

Of course - but it was a lighthearted smartarse way. We're all mates here, no? It was only last month I was bigging you up - short term memory, I guess.

• Paid Members

Joe Rogan reckons brain damage could be the reason for Jon Jones being such a monumental fuck up.

Now I know that concussions and brain injuries are a very real thing that will likely become a massive issue in the decades to come, but fucking hell. First the racism thing, and now this. It's genuinely fascinating as to why Joe Rogan can't seem to admit, or at the very least see for himself, that Jon Jones just isn't a very nice person. It's frankly bizarre as to why Rogan keeps coming up with these bonkers theories when the truth is so blatantly obvious. If there were no other reasons for the fans booing him then yeah, you can maybe suggest it's due to racism. And if he was an otherwise top bloke who completely out of the blue crashed his car and then fled the scene, then yeah, you can maybe suggest it's due to brain damage.

But it's Jon Jones, who is a dick, and always has been a dick. Time after time he's acted like a dick and so accordingly when something like this happens or when the fans rightly boo him, the reason for it is exactly as it seems; he's a dick.

• Paid Members

I don't buy the racism thing at all - it's dumb & there it no evidence for it at all. Lots of black fighters get cheered, and lots of white fighters get booed.

• Paid Members

Rogan rarely disappoints when he's defending his favourites. I've been waiting to hear how his brain tried to cope with this set back. Turns out it is another clunker from him.

Rogan tried to do the old "I'm not defending him", but he quickly went off the deep end with his "it's the brain damage, not Jon Jones" type defense. Brain damage or not, somebody that habitually does shitty things is probably a shitty human being.

I don't buy the racism thing at all - it's dumb & there it no evidence for it at all. Lots of black fighters get cheered, and lots of white fighters get booed.

Yeah, you don't have to look far.

After a rough start, Rampage was a firm fan favourite from 2007 onward. The only reason why he was not initially warmly received Stateside, was due to him being Chuck's rival. Once the fans got over that, he was one of the most popular fighters of the boom period.

The fans even looked past his shortcomings. He was a prize prat on TUF 10, had a serious run-in with the law, and humped a reporter during an interview, yet the fans still rooted for him against Rashad.

Jones has never been as popular as he should be. On paper, he has everything a fighter should have to be the biggest name in MMA history. The right look, the talent, and the stature (205lbs is the crown jewel of MMA). But there has always been something missing.  If this was to be the end, there is a chance he could go down as the biggest waste in MMA history.

• Paid Members

You don't even have to look as far back as Rampage. People were rooting for Cormier against Jones. And out of the current champs, people are indifferent to Mouse, but nobody really hates him; Aldo isn't necessarily loved, but I think more people like him than they hate him. And whilst people seemed to dislike Anderson when he was champ, they seemed to get right behind him for his comeback.

• Paid Members

You don't even have to look as far back as Rampage. People were rooting for Cormier against Jones. And out of the current champs, people are indifferent to Mouse, but nobody really hates him; Aldo isn't necessarily loved, but I think more people like him than they hate him. And whilst people seemed to dislike Anderson when he was champ, they seemed to get right behind him for his comeback.

Also, the reason people booed Silva was due to him spending the majority of his fights clowning around and not doing much in terms of fighting. His fight with Maia was such a Batman & Robin that it killed the Dubai market.

Even Dana was coming out and having a go at Silva during that time period.

Even when Silva was acting the twat in the cage he was still schooling fuckers with ease. Jones is schooling fuckers in the cage and being a gaping wet cunt outside of it. Which is the fundamental difference between the two. Anderson always came across as humble and genuine, Jones' god bothering always seemed a bit forcesd and fake. Of course when he returns he is going to start thinking god for turning his life around even more, so Jones will still be a sanctimonious little prick.

• Paid Members

It'll never happen, but I'd love it if, just for once, someone with a problem turns their lives around because they ditched religion, or at least openly declares they did so without the aid of religion.

• Paid Members

Of course when he returns he is going to start thinking god for turning his life around even more, so Jones will still be a sanctimonious little prick.

Obviously it's early days yet, but Jon's manager was talking this week about the possibility of Jon never returning. It wasn't something I'd ever considered until reading it. What a crazy story it would be if this was the end of his career. Probably the most talented man in the history of the sport, on his way to having the greatest career of all time, and he managed to piss it all away by being a complete dickhead in his personal life.

If someone ever puts the time into making a movie about Jon's life it's going to be absolutely fascinating.

Archived