UFC 187: Cormier vs Rumble

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah it'll be the dangerous driving, hit and run stuff and the sending a pregnant woman to the hospital stuff that potentially gives him the most grief or damages him most. A bit of weed in his car probably won't amount to much, nothing if it's legal in New Mexico.

EDIT -

Just looked it up. Apparently possession of weed isn't legal in New Mexico, but the laws on it aren't as strict as in most states if it's a small amount you're carrying.

MARIJUANA LAWS IN NEW MEXICO

New Mexico is one of 23 states (plus D.C.) that have removed criminal penalties for the medical use of marijuana. For information on New Mexico’s medical marijuana program, including information on qualifying conditions and how to become a patient, please visit the New Mexico Health Department’s information page.

For non-medical use, New Mexico’s marijuana laws are less draconian than those of most states. Possession of one ounce or less of marijuana for non-medical purposes is punishable by a $50-100 fine and up to 15 days in jail. A second offense, or a conviction for possession of more than an ounce, can lead to a fine of up to $1,000 and a prison term of up to one year.

However, 19 other states have removed the possibility of jail time, with four of them having legalized marijuana for adults and regulated it like alcohol. In both 2014 and 2015, Sen. Gerald Ortiz y Pino sponsored a resolution to ask voters whether to end marijuana prohibition in New Mexico, replacing it with taxation and regulation. Please encourage your legislators to support regulating marijuana like alcohol.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think the UFC will do their best to brush this under the carpet? He may even do a bit of jail time (i doubt it though), but I have absolutely no doubt that the company will back him "through these troubled times".

If they did let him go, he'd simply jump to Bellator, and there's no way Dana wants that.

• Paid Members

No way on earth they release him. The absolute worst he'll get is a heavy fine and a suspension, I'm guessing. I think Dana would rather sit him out on suspension, with pay, for five years than let Bellator have him.

I wonder what the chances are of this fight with Rumble actually going ahead now? Slim to none, I imagine. The fact they haven't confirmed the fight is off suggests they're still hopeful something can be worked out, but I can't see it now. If he does serve jail time, even if it's just a few weeks or something, well this PPV is only about four weeks away so that would fuck that up. If he gets jail time, any jail time, the fight is off. If he can settle with the woman and get off with a fine, maybe it can be salvaged. Massive longshot though.

The irony is, I think the reason the UFC even put Jones-Rumble and Weidman-Belfort on the same card in the first place was because they were worrying about Weidman vs Belfort falling apart again. At least then they'd still be able to rely on Jones vs Rumble. I bet Dana threw his KFC up the wall in rage when he heard Jones had been naughty again. He must've been livid.

Jones' mugshot...

Inmate_Image.aspx.0.0.jpeg

• Paid Members

Rashad Evans hitting nails on heads...

"There's definitely something wrong going here. Something's going on in his mind. You're four weeks out from the fight. The only thing that you should be worried about is training and getting ready for this fight. When you're going out, trying to have a little party, or whatever the case may be, it's not good, and it's saying that something else is going on. Something's wrong."

"He does need to take some time away from the sport because fighting is a privilege. Being able to do what he do is a privilege, it's not a right. When you start to forget that you're being privileged by being able to compete, that's when you need to have a sit-down. That's when you need to take a break and that's when you need to have consequences that equal more than a slap on the wrist."

"Jon is a legend of the sport. He can go down as one of the greatest guys, or one of those guys where, 'Man, he had it all, but he just didn't see it.' And that's the saddest thing in life - when you go make a mistake and you just could not see your own mistake in time enough to prevent it."

In other news, Luke Thomas has been arguing on twitter today against people criticising Jones. And he's throwing out the racism shite again. What the fuck's he on? Baffles me how, what seems like an intelligent bloke can be so far off the mark on something like this. It's like he's taken his stance and he won't budge from it despite it making less and less sense with every Jones fuck up. His podcast tomorrow is going to be worth a go, just to hear how he tries to attach the race card to this one.

It's not because he's black, Luke. It's because he's a bit of a horrible cunt. That's it. That's really it.

EDIT -

Found these tweets interesting though;

Damon Martin @DamonMartin

Biggest thing to come from Jon Jones appearance in court today, judge didn't place any travel restrictions so he can still fight in Vegas

Chad Dundas @chaddundas

With no travel restrictions, a $2,500 bond and 60 days before the DA has to decide whether to indict, I'm *guessing* Jones-Rumble goes on.

Martin writes for FOX Sports. Dundas works for Bleacher Report. No FRB level shite.

The fight isn't dead yet. Yet.

• Paid Members

It's definitely the most severe punishment the UFC can realistically give Jones. It's maybe the best too, seeing as the one thing he likes more ching is his precious legacy as the greatest. Now he's lost his belt and could miss a decent chunk of his prime years.

Still shocking.

It also keeps him in the fold and, let's face it, gives us all a pretty fucking ace story if and when he does come back.

It's a shit story, he's a twat and I bet the UFC fucking hate the bloke right now; but we get a good fight, the PPV still stays quite stacked and there's something to look forward to in the end.

Silver linings fellas, silver linings.

Plus, I really want Cormier to win a title.

Archived