UFC 187: Cormier vs Rumble

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The latest with Jones is mad. According to MMA Fighting, he's the lead suspect in a three car hit and run that involved a pregnant lady going to hospital. They also found weed in his rental car.

Ā 

God may forgive him, but Dana White may not.

• Paid Members

Warrant is out for Jon's arrest. Arrangements have been made for him to turn himself in. Story details are that he fled the scene after injuring a pregnant woman. She has a broken arm but is otherwise okay. Weed and pipe found in his car. Most amazing part of the story is that witnesses say they saw him run away, then run back, grab a bunch of cash, and then run off again. So he ran back for money, but not to check on the pregnant woman he'd injured. Amazing.

Ā 

Remember when Rogan tried to argue that the reason fans didn't like Jon Jones was because of racism? What a stupid thing to say. The guy is a genuinely shit human being. Always has been.

I am probably jumping the gun, but if worst comes to the worst, I say they pull Cormier from his fight with Bader, and make Rumble vs Cormier for the title. Cormier's fight with Bader is only 2 weeks after this card, so he will already be in training.

Ā 

Unless something exceptional happens, it is safe to say Jones will be gone for a while. Given his previous transgressions, I don't see how the UFC could not punish him after this.Ā 

• Paid Members

Remember when Rogan tried to argue that the reason fans didn't like Jon Jones was because of racism? What a stupid thing to say. The guy is a genuinely shit human being. Always has been.

Yeah that was goofy as fuck. No doubt there's an element of racism from some Jones haters, but to try to tar everyone with that brush is truly idiotic. Luke Thomas was saying similar stuff as well - he even went as far as saying that even if you think you don't dislike him because of his race, you still might be a bit racist, subconsciously. So basically even if you're 100% NOT racist, there's nothing you can say to people like this. You're racist subconsciously in their eyes. Racist and you don't even know it. Jesus wept. I usually think Luke Thomas talks a lot of sense but he was full of shite on that one.

Ā 

There's plenty of reasons to think Jones is a cunt. If he was whiter than the stuff he shoves up his nose, people would still detest him because he's a scumbag.

Ā 

I mean, go down the list;

Ā 

Cocky

Slimy

Religious

Cokehead

Two-faced/fake (was hearsay, it's proven now after the 'off-air' Cormier video)

Trolls kids on Instagram (he's 27, for fuck's sake!)

The DUI

Was found in a car outside a strip club with two women while his wife was at home with the kids (which part of the bible tells you to do that, Jon?)

Now he's crashing into pregnant women and fucking off.

Ā 

Have I missed anything?

Ā 

I mean, that's quite a list. The religion thing is not a problem in itself of course, but coupled with his other behaviour, it makes him look a great big hypocrite. I find it hard to see how anyone watch that off-air Cormier video, and not come away disliking Jones. Being a slimy two-faced fuck isn't an admirable trait, is it?

Ā 

What happened to Jones? Remember when he tackled a mugger who was robbing an old lady? That was a great story, made even more amazing because it was the morning of his title fight with Shogun. He's gone from being the black Clark Kent - saving pensioners by day, winning UFC titles by night, all day - to being a complete shambles of a human being.

• Paid Members

Now Supremo mentioned it, I can't wait to hear how Joe Rogan tries to defend this one on his podcast. Maybe the car is racist.

Ā 

I'd love to hear what Dana White is saying behind the scenes about this one. Jones just can't help but do despicable things.

• Paid Members

I get the feeling Dana can't stand Jones. He'll say good things about him for the purposes of promoting him, obviously, but I bet in private conversations he's a lot different. I don't think things have been right between them ever since the UFC 151 thing, to be honest. After that Dana seemed distant and Jones seemed to develop this 'fuck you' attitude and chip on his shoulder even more.

Ā 

I bet Dana hates that Jones is so good. I get the feeling he'd love to rip into him like he used to with Tito, but he's their best fighter currently. Despite them seemingly not wanting to admit it and trying to position Mighty Mouse and whoever above him. And unlike with Tito where Dana could always set Chuck on him, Jones probably fucks up whoever they send after him.

To be very rich and young is one thing, to be all that and also essentially the hardest guy in the world? How do you not develop a god complex? Jon Jones surely must think he is the guy spoken about in that book he reads!

Ā 

The not turning yourself in thing is what makes me think he clearly was under the influence of something, he needed to flush that shit out so it can't be proven. Quite genius really, as I just watched an espn report on it and he will avoid any trouble if he settles with the woman who was harmed.

Ā 

So let's say he settles and everything goes away (without traces of alcohol or drugs it's just a hit and run), does the fight still happen? Or does Dana just strip him and make Jones work his way back up?

Ā 

After the most recent UFC which must have done shit numbers, plus the boxing this week making the UFC look real second rate. Surely the UFC can't afford the disaster of not having that card?

• Paid Members

I get the feeling Dana can't stand Jones. He'll say good things about him for the purposes of promoting him, obviously, but I bet in private conversations he's a lot different. I don't think things have been right between them ever since the UFC 151 thing, to be honest. After that Dana seemed distant and Jones seemed to develop this 'fuck you' attitude and chip on his shoulder even more.

Ā 

I bet Dana hates that Jones is so good. I get the feeling he'd love to rip into him like he used to with Tito, but he's their best fighter currently. Despite them seemingly not wanting to admit it and trying to position Mighty Mouse and whoever above him. And unlike with Tito where Dana could always set Chuck on him, Jones probably fucks up whoever they send after him.

The only bloke you see in that mold is a fit and healthy Velasquez and who knows if that will ever happen.

• Paid Members

The Velasquez thing is just sad. He'd just conquered the consensus #2 heavyweight in the world in JDS, and now his body decides to fall to pieces. Right when they're breaking into Mexico as well. It's almost become like a Dominick Cruz thing now for me with Cain, where I don't believe in his fight announcements. I'm looking at UFC 188 as being headlined by Melendez vs Alvarez. If Cain vs Werdum actually goes ahead as planned on that card, that's a bonus. But I'm not counting on it or anything.

• Paid Members

Not sure tbh? I know it makes for good 'newz' saying 'drugs were found in his car' but if it's a legal state then it's not news (and tbh, in the US nobody will care about that part anyway as their attitudes towards pot are very different from the UK's). From what I read he allegedly ran a red light. Silly man.

Archived