WWE Fast Lane Discussion *SPOILERS*

Bosco Blick

Both Reigns and Bryan were acting like heels at times during the main event

I don't mind Brain heeling it up. In fact I think there's gotta money in BD proclaiming himself Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T.)

Reigns who you are trying to build as the big babyface going into mania probably shouldn't be doing this. If WWE aren't careful then Lesnars going to be massively over as the face at mania and a Roman win won't send the fans home happy.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought it was a terrible show considering it was a free event that is surely meant to encourage people to either purchase the network or buy into wrestlemania. Sloppy matches, mistakes on production, mistakes by the ring announcers. Just terrible all round. Only highlights was the face off, part of Cena vs Rusev (should have been saved for Mania) and parts of the main event. Glad Daniel Bryan lost though but bet he still finds a way into the main event at Mania. 

• Paid Members

A mixed show. Half of it was complete shite. Randy Orton returning was expected. I'm sure him and Rollins will have a good'un at Mania but as per usual with Randy who gives a shit? Gold vs Stardust was just....wank. I don't get what they were going for at all. Especially as Goldust is one of the best babyface wrestlers in the business. It's was weird. The tag title match was fun but you get the same thing on Raw each week so again who gives a shit? Divas match was just another divas match. And Ambrose is above fucking around with Barrett for the dickhead title. The crowd and commentary were also generally rubbish all night.

The good bits though were VERY good. Sting/Triple H was perfect. Can't wait for that now. The Wyatt promo was just great wrestling theatricality and his promo was fantastic. I didn't think I'd be excited for Wyatt/Taker but Bray sold me on it with his performance last night. John Cena...his offence is mostly weak and pathetic and he calls spots so loudly it can be distracting but goddamn has he perfected the WWE main event style. Rusev also held up his end big time. What a performer. He sells loads so that he comes across as a snivelling cowardly heel but is strong enough on offense that you buy him as this undefeatable super athlete. I hated the first half of the main event but the second half brought me completely around. Both men were awesome. Reigns is particular really impressed me. He came across like one badass motherfucker the whole time. I loved him pounding Bryan to pieces to counter technical holds. I honestly don't get how blokes can boo him, he's so cool. The right man went over for sure.

Thank god for Sting because without the hhh v sting match my interest in wrestlemania would be at an all time low.

The face off was great, the 3 times sting has appeared have been really well put together.

Are they really going with the reason sting is going for hhh is to avenge the death of wcw??really??thats piss poor

• Paid Members

The Wyatt thing was a bit lame & while Sting/HHH segment was OK in itself, the storyline just isn’t there. Way too far removed, in terms of time & a bit desperate & TNA-esque (instant feud with little or no reason).

You‘re kidding? This has been building since November (three months) because Sting put the Authority (and Triple H) out of power. It‘s not like Angle–Joe where TNA rushed to book it on the first PPV after Kurt debuted because he decided to nut Joe.

I don't watch WWE programming and couldn't have known that. So it's WWE-contrived and Triple H is the guy to have the feted match against Sting. Couldn't care less about either of them tbh and for me, it still lacked any air of authenticity.

Well how can you come to the conclusion it's rushed if you aren't watching WWE regularly? It's not like WWE summarised the events leading up to the face-off beforehand or anything either…

The WCW vs WWE thing is asinine. Why would Sting wait 14 years to go, "yeah I hate WWE for killing off WCW, better go beat up HHH now"?

For one thing, Vince was an semi-active wrestler for a few years right after the Invasion, you'd think that'd be Sting's real target.

And no matter how much Hunter says it, he's not even close to being the face, heartbeat, whatever of WWE. Either Cena or, I dunno, The Undertaker have that covered. JBL trying to sell HHH vs Sting as a match fans have wanted for years was cringe-worthy too. Anyone that watches wrestling with an Internet connection (so, everyone) knows that the dream match was always Sting vs. Taker. WWE's own website have done articles on it! The match can still be hyped big time without throwing shit like that in.

Wasn't sting supoest to have been sent by Vince to take out the authority?? Vince made the match at the survivor series with the high stakes. So I'm presuming that's a hint that Vince wasn't happy with HHH and steph. Otherwise why did he put their authority on the line? Maybe I've read to much into that.

• Awards Moderator

Bryan vs Reigns was great. Badass Reigns is my favourite Reigns so I was quite happy seeing him counter Bryan's technical skills by smashing him in the face. Couldn't believe people were walking out in a huff after the bell, I choose to think that they were just leaving because it was getting a bit late.

When Taker's music hit, I got chills. It's one of my biggest regrets as a wrestling fan that I've never got to see Undertaker's entrance live. He got a huge reaction too. Bloody Wyatt. Very clever move on his part but I still don't really fancy him vs Taker at Mania.

I just fast forwarded through those panel parts, there's no reason for them being there whatsoever.

I really hope they find a way to add Bryan to the main event. I like him, but he got chucked out of the rumble fair & square and lost clean last night. He's had his chances and come up short, so they need to find something else for him

I've such a hard-on for Reigns after that match, I can't believe people are saying that his badassery was a bad thing. He should have been looking like that against the Big Show and in the Rumble instead of looking like a bit of a fassy like he has been (bar that spear). One thing that made me laugh was when both guys were KO'd with their legs crossing eachother, looked all sorts of dodgy.

Archived