WWE Fast Lane Discussion *SPOILERS*

Bosco Blick

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know the full card yet. But WWE (while being weak in main event depth) has got an absolutely cracking second-tier roster at the moment, and pretty weak creative momentum behind them. There's every chance in the world that by WrestleMania, it'll be well worth watching whatever Ambrose, Rollins, Rusev, Ryback, Ziggler, Wyatt, Barrett, Miz, Mizdow and co are up to on the night.

There's also every chance that everything not involving Cena and part-timers will be like a Smackdown match.

Bryan/Reigns will be a draw, I'm pretty sure my prediction rate for WWE is 0% but a three way for the title at Mania will be the solution to any booking problems they've got themselves into

I fear you may be correct. Its goin to be the old both shoulders on the mat shite isnt it?

I'd be criminal if Rollins doesn't successfully cash-in, he's been the top regular active heel since last summer and they've put a world title on much worse and less over guys before. I think if he wins it and they gradually give Ambrose a fresh push, a Shield triple threat main event at Summerslam would be ideal.

I'm not one of those who would cancel the WWE Network Subscription but if Seth doesn't cash in successfully whether at Mania or elsewhere then I would probably lose faith in the WWE once and for all and not even bother. It's probably not want the 'fans' want or even where the money is at but to me you have a potential WrestleMania moment that can put Seth amongst the top tier and into a superstar.

On another note didn't Seth say before that he will cash in when nobody expects it? What possible ways could he win it that would surprise us all?

Trips has all the Authority cronies bar Seth out in the ring at Fastlane and he's cut a deal with Paulie and Brock to get them on board for the Sting beat down. Trips stands there calling Sting out to no avail when Brock decides that they're a bunch of Pussyo's and he's out. Cue the black out and when the lights come on Seth's standing there holding the briefcase and he nails Brock. Big beatdown with Brock destroying the majority of them and maybe a belated attempt by Sting to make a save but Brock ultimately succumbs to a few Curb Stomps and loses the belt.

That's the type of convoluted shite that I want to see!

They could have the main event end in total chaos like they did at Survivor Series, since that was also a free month on the network.

Reigns vs. Bryan could be a back and forth affair, neither man can put each other away. Lesnar could come out and destroy both of them, hitting Reigns first for the DQ thus keeping him in the WM Main Event.

Lesnar focusses on battering Bryan, eventually turns around into a Reigns Spear, gets up and eats a Knee Plus, gets up again and another Reigns Spear keeps him down.

Authority run down and beat up Reigns and Bryan, leaving Rollins to sneak the cash-in, winning with a pair of Curb Stomps.

A title change to keep the pro-Bryan lot happy. Setting up Bryan vs. Lesnar & Rollins vs. Reigns, although it'd be shit for Rollins who'd likely only get 5 weeks with the belt before Reigns takes it. So.... fantasy booking..... not for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey. I was under the impression that all 12 PPV'S would be on Box Office this year. Guess you can say Sky and WWE'S relationship is a tad frosty atm.

The PPV still isnt listed on the Virgin Tivo guide yet, as i was going to record it in advance.

I'm still trying to work out in my head what Cena is doing at mania, anybody else feeling that Rusev/Cena will be a non-finish? Or not even get started?

Rusev will win prob with some Lana distraction.

Then the build up to Mania will be of Rusev being some unbeatable monster only for Cena to then beat him at Mania.

Expect to see Rusev in some comedy tag team come April.

It seems a bit pointless to have made the match in the first place then -- assuming the match was made to stop the virgins booing Roman Reigns. They'll only be more resentful towards him if he actually pins Daniel Bryan in a PPV main event. That heat doesn't get transferred onto Sheamus, who is forever going to be seen as the "they're burying Bryan"/consolation prize opponent anyway, and Bryan's a pretty useless promo so he won't be able to talk his core fanbase round. It's impossible to imagine Bryan having "means much more than this [picture of WWE title]" trunks on at WrestleMania against Sheamus and anyone believing it.

If the plan was just to use the commotion to build an intriguing February PPV, dangle the carrot and then fuck them off in tears again, then fair enough.

Archived