WWE Fast Lane Discussion *SPOILERS*

Bosco Blick

Loved the Triple H and Sting face off until Hunter ruined it by telling Sting to point the bat at the WrestleMania sign twice. And Lilian fucked up with her "and still new tag team champions" and announced Nikki Bella as the womans champion. It's pretty obvious that Rusev will be defeated for the first time at Mania. And i'm expecting Heyman to turn on Lesnar and cost him the title against Reigns, and it looks like Bryan will have that match with Ziggler or a returning Sheamus.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That was an interesting show. In terms of the card, the undercard felt rather like "these are the matches Hunter wants for WrestleMania, but we haven't got enough time or we want to squeeze more people onto Mania, so we're doing them now" :

Nikki Bella © VS Paige

Bad News Barrett © VS Dean Ambrose

The Usos © VS Cesaro & Tyson Kidd

Goldust VS Stardust

That to me feels like the start of one of the 'Manias where they'd have a four-hour window and have fewer histrionics and more matches with each getting 10 minutes at least and longer for the bigger matches (as opposed to lots of build-up videos, Hall Of Fame inductees coming out to wave, many backstage segments with Mean Gene and his mates and so on), which would have been the hors d'oeuvres for a top end that would look like :

Daniel Bryan VS Sheamus (apparently)

The Undertaker VS Bray Wyatt

John Cena VS Rusev

Randy Orton VS Seth Rollins

Sting VS Triple H

Brock Lesnar VS Roman Reigns

As it stands, I think they'll do the Barrett/Ambrose return match as a gimmick match/streetfight, a huge tag team title clusterfuck that Show/Kane, Ziggler/Ryback (unless they acquiesce to Bryan and Ziggler's wishes to wank each other off at Mania instead), Miz/Mizdow and The Ascension all get thrown into, and a womens title 4-way where Paige and the Bella Twats are joined by AJ Lee who they'll use for one last rub before she finishes, dropping the fall to get the belt back on Paige with the whole world watching (apart from those that have gone for a wee) since Paige is top babyface by default in that division. I kind of hope Sasha debuts on Raw the night after to give her a new heel enemy.

That would be a nine match card... one more than last year, which included the 3 minute Shield match. Hmmm.... probably optimistic. Tag team turmoil/battle royal/whatever bumped to pre-show, then.

Anyway, Fast Lane. Watched it in two parts at work on my mate's Network then the last two matches courtesy of XWT. Honestly, what I bothered to watch, I enjoyed. Enjoyed Kidd and Cesaro, got into Bella/Paige out of caring about who won (yes, I was going "come on" when it looked like Paige was on the verge of applying the PTO) but thought the ending was a bit naff, and thought Ambrose/Barrett was decent apart from the ending was a bit naff.

However, what I actually watched the show for, completely delivered. I got to see Sting point his bat at Hunter and give him a Scorpion Death Drop, so I couldn't have asked for more from that segment. Cena and Rusev was very good, with Rusev's win being nearly-clean enough to make him look strong but with enough cheating to warrant a rematch. Finally, Bryan and Reigns had a very enjoyable match. My only smarky criticism, just like in the Orton match, was that Roman was booked to take way too much abuse and sell too much. If Daniel Bryan beat him up as badly as he did, logically I should give him no chance of beating Brock Lesnar. In fact, I should expect Brock to rip his fucking head off. But anyway, that's a minor quibble connected to the establishment of "the juggernaught" as an unstoppable monster when he's actually limping home in all the big fights. It doesn't detract from the match, which was very good.

(guy in the audience trying to start an awkward "WCW" chant aside)

That was amazing. I had my headphones on at my desk watching that segment so heard that clear as you like. Laughed my bollocks off.

The finish of the Rusev-Cena match left a little to be desired and it feels like they only have two ideas for "Rusev beating a star" finishes.

I don't see the problem. They have established The Accolade as a hold to be feared. I don't give a toss if every match ends with "Rusev has the babyface in trouble face down, applies The Accolade and wins." As long as I get into the match before we go home, and with almost every Rusev match, I do.

I don't get why the fans are against Reigns so much.

The crime of being pushed as the next babyface champion, despite not being Daniel Bryan, their favourite. Makes you wonder who they will favour between him and Br.... no, it doesn't really, does it?

Way too far removed, in terms of time & a bit desperate & TNA-esque (instant feud with little or no reason).
This has been building since November (three months) because Sting put the Authority (and Triple H) out of power.
I don't watch WWE programming and couldn't have known that.

..... so it's utterly demented for you to claim that the feud is "instant" with "little or no reason" when you haven't been watching the bastard show. It's the equivalent of me saying the "who killed Lucy Beale" story is a contrived and rushed storyline because I don't keep up with Enders and don't even know who Lucy is/was other than she's probably related to Ian and someone just killed her. You've seen Sting and Trips have one confrontation on one show and just assumed that it was the whole meat of the issue? Good work.

Final Fast Lane thought..... the Meghan Trainor-inspired sign made me laugh far more than it should have.

ALL ABOUT THAT BRYAN, BOUT THAT BRYAN... NO ROMAN

When people complain about the champion entering the ring before the challenger, is it because they've convinced themselves that that was never the case in old wrestling?

The Wyatt thing was a bit lame & while Sting/HHH segment was OK in itself, the storyline just isn’t there. Way too far removed, in terms of time & a bit desperate & TNA-esque (instant feud with little or no reason).

You‘re kidding? This has been building since November (three months) because Sting put the Authority (and Triple H) out of power. It‘s not like Angle–Joe where TNA rushed to book it on the first PPV after Kurt debuted because he decided to nut Joe.

I don't watch WWE programming and couldn't have known that.

Very silly to have made that initial statement about it then.

(guy in the audience trying to start an awkward "WCW" chant aside)

That was amazing. I had my headphones on at my desk watching that segment so heard that clear as you like. Laughed my bollocks off.

That was great. I also liked the fella who shouted 'He's got a great point, Sting!' after Triple H offered to sort him out with some DVDs.

I liked the second half. Will re watch some of it. Rusev was impressive. I started watching thinking he was terrible but by the end he had me hooked and it was a really good match. For year I wanted wwe to do a panel like they have. Never did I know it would be so pointless and shit. They go on forever these things. Looking forward to mania.

I loved it!  thought there was some really good stuff in that.   Was very amused at how excited Ryback was when the crowd were split chanting between 'We want Ziggler' and 'Feed Me More'.  His turning round to join in with the crowd each time they did his bit was ace.  Although expected I thought Ortons music hitting and the pop from the crowd was pretty decent.

The Sting, Segment was great.  HHH dressed to fight with his hands wrapped was a nice touch and Sting was looking great with his i'm a silent angry type face.  It's cheese overload but a great visual having Sting pointing the bat at the mania sign. 

The Fake undertaker entrance was fantastic.  Bray is gold.

Cena Rusev was brilliant.  Cena out cold in the submission was fine as an ending for me and I just love Rusev's story telling.  His wrestling is 50% what he's doing with his facial expressions.  Brilliant selling of everything.   One of the most believeable guys on the roster right now. 

with Bryan and Reigns the right man definately won.  I thought that's the best Reigns has looked.  he was moving around with the force a man of his size should and they played out a decent story through the match.  Bryan looks to be going down the route of a man buying into his own hype and I'm loving the cocky smiles and the the heelish stuff going on with late rope breaks and stuff.

As a push towards mania I reckon it did just fine

• Paid Members

I usually find the 'babyface passes out in the heel's submission' endings to be a lazy cop-out. Cena/Rusev's was done excellently, really visceral. Cena looked completely lifeless and helpless locked in The Accolade. I hope they don't undo it all at 'Mania. If it was up to me, I'd do the same again then, just with Rusev using the Russian flag to wrench Cena's head back in the hold. (I'm assuming there'll be a no holds barred type gimmick added).

Keep him unstoppable until he meets Reigns.

The WCW vs WWE thing is asinine. Why would Sting wait 14 years to go, "yeah I hate WWE for killing off WCW, better go beat up HHH now"?

And no matter how much Hunter says it, he's not even close to being the face, heartbeat, whatever of WWE.

You're confusing why Triple H says/thinks Sting is coming in, with Sting's actual yet to be revealed reason.

And again. Triple H is a megalomaniac. How he talks about himself, in character, isn't how WWE are trying to portray the full story.

The WCW vs WWE thing is asinine. Why would Sting wait 14 years to go, "yeah I hate WWE for killing off WCW, better go beat up HHH now"?

And no matter how much Hunter says it, he's not even close to being the face, heartbeat, whatever of WWE.

You're confusing why Triple H says/thinks Sting is coming in, with Sting's actual yet to be revealed reason.

And again. Triple H is a megalomaniac. How he talks about himself, in character, isn't how WWE are trying to portray the full story.

But the commentators are falling in line with it, you'd think they'd question Triple H if he was spinning shit. Michael Cole does all the time.

• Paid Members

My question now is: how do they keep the interest in Triple H and Sting between now and WrestleMania? The match has been set. What now? A month’s a long time to go without touching on it again, but exactly what else can they do with it?

They can do all sorts. By the looks of things they're going with the WWE v WCW angle with this, so they can have some of his greatest WCW rivals come out (like Flair did) and warn Triple H about the man he's about to face.

Sting is also one of the best promos about, these days. It's my only problem with the build, currently. It's a bit of a waste not having him give his side of the story.

after last nights raw the part about sting in wcw up against the NWO. and sting leading the fight againt them maybe and i could be well off the mark this could be a rehash of that story line. sting vs the corporation this time. there are similarities. between the two. nothing to do with WCW vs WWE

I appreciate that but I suppose at least when he's backstage at Raw he might be having a match later on or something, last night it looked like he'd jumped out of a taxi in his gear, legged it to the ring shouting to the sound bloke to play his music then went out to twat 5 people

I can buy all of that except for him wearing his ring gear

Archived