The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

For about 2 years after a relationship I was in a good place as a single guy- able to talk to women with no issue, a bit of genuine interests and many interesting/fun experiences... Then came a relationship last year, which ended earlier this year. And now, nothing.

I look and sound the same but whatever borned my purple patch before has well and truly gone. Most of my mates are off the market (have become dads or are about to be dads) so simply heading out with the lads is less of an option.

I don't do well with Internet dating and I don't seem to notice if anyone looks at me. Plus, coming from an African family, I'm already expected to be married with kids (as I'm in my early 30's) so it's all fun and games. Haha

I look and sound the same but whatever borned my purple patch before has well and truly gone. Most of my mates are off the market (have become dads or are about to be dads) so simply heading out with the lads is less of an option.

I don't do well with Internet dating and I don't seem to notice if anyone looks at me. Plus, coming from an African family, I'm already expected to be married with kids (as I'm in my early 30's) so it's all fun and games. Haha

I'm in a similar boat, only I'm female, Indian and in my 30's so my parents are about ready to get me married to any guy that offers

• Paid Members

Anyone got any advice on when to ask someone if they want to meet in person after talking online?

Get the feeling it might be a 'it's right when it's right' thing, but don't want to appear too keen or too disinterested.

ASAP, I'd say. Online dating is terrible for people just chatting online for far too long and then having nothing to say if they ever finally get around to meeting.

• Paid Members

Anyone got any advice on when to ask someone if they want to meet in person after talking online?

Get the feeling it might be a 'it's right when it's right' thing, but don't want to appear too keen or too disinterested.

ASAP, I'd say. Online dating is terrible for people just chatting online for far too long and then having nothing to say if they ever finally get around to meeting.

Many thanks. Will take the plunge tomorrow.

I'm in a similar boat, only I'm female, Indian and in my 30's so my parents are about ready to get me married to any guy that offers

uklaw meet deathrey, deathrey meet uklaw.

cupid.jpg

None of my family know we are seeing each other so never! But I do get people trying to set up arranged marriages every few weeks, my parents have taken to trawling websites for potential suitors themselves in fact. Last week my mum rang up some random guy and gave him my number.....

Edited by deathrey

None of my family know we are seeing each other so never! But I do get people trying to set up arranged marriages every few weeks, my parents have taken to trawling websites for potential suitors themselves in fact. Last week my mum rang up some random guy and gave him my number.....

A male friend of mine (white guy) is seeing an Indian girl, and they are in a similar boat. Her parents don't know, because they wouldn't accept a white guy into the family, (i think that was the gist of it), is it the same for you?