NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

It's a tool for downloading videos from streaming sites. Unlike most such tools, it works on subscription sites (those protected by user names and passwords), though only ones it specifically supports, which now includes NJPW World. [Edit for clarification: You have to be a subscriber to the relevant site. You can't use it for hacking and stealing content.]

It's a bit fiddly as it's in a foreign language, but to use it:

Put your NJPW World username and password into the LOGIN and PASSWORD boxes.

Change the "Login" drop down menu from "Atresmedia" to "Njpwworld"

Cut and paste the URL from the NJPW World page with the video you want into the URL boxes

Click the magnifying glass button

Wait for it to find the video (there should only be one on NJPW pages) and confirm the download

Wait till its completely finished. It actually downloads dozens of little files (which it puts in a separate folder) and then combines them into a single MP4 file wherever you've set your download location.

It also works for WWE Network. This pic gives an idea of the process:

WWE_Network_download_how_to.png

Edited by JNLister

It's a tool for downloading videos from streaming sites. Unlike most such tools, it works on subscription sites (those protected by user names and passwords), though only ones it specifically supports, which now includes NJPW World.

Cut and paste the URL from the NJPW World page with the video you want into the URL boxes

Wait for it to find the video (there should only be one on NJPW pages) and confirm the download

Wait till its completely finished. It actually downloads dozens of little files (which it puts in a separate folder) and then combines them into a single MP4 file wherever you've set your download location.

How safe and easy is this to use? As in, am I likely to be contacted by the FBI in the near future if I start using it?

Cheers

• Paid Members

How safe and easy is this to use? As in, am I likely to be contacted by the FBI in the near future if I start using it?

If you steal from New Japan, the FBI will be the least of your worries. Chono will have words with his lads and you'll come to realize how shitty life can be when you have no thumbs or penis.

• Paid Members

It's a tool for downloading videos from streaming sites. Unlike most such tools, it works on subscription sites (those protected by user names and passwords), though only ones it specifically supports, which now includes NJPW World.

Cheers

It’s copyright theft, so you take your chances. And as air_raid says, it won’t be the FBI you have to worry about (the content isn’t of American origin, so the FBI won’t have jurisdiction).

• Paid Members

Putting your username and password into program that promotes piracy.. as if those details aren't instantly sent to some scumbag.

Given that most people use the same passwords for all sites, he’ll probably soon be poking around in your PayPal account and Facebook profile.

• Paid Members

Technically it's piracy, but bear in mind you have to be a subscriber to WWE Network or New Japan World to be able to use this on those sites. So it's only really *bad* piracy if you then share the file elsewhere, or if you download a bunch of stuff and then cancel your subscription. If you're just downloading so you can watch on another device or not have to worry about streaming speed, it's technically illegal but not really causing any harm.

Password is definitely a concern, but I've seen people using it for at least a year with WWE Network and never heard of any problems resulting. At your own risk etc...

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

it Is apparently free this month yet I signed up and have been charged

I think it works by you getting a refund when you cancel. But from what I've read, you have to cancel specifically on the 27th February Japan time (so 3pm on the 26th to 3pm on the 27th UK time) to get the refund.

it Is apparently free this month yet I signed up and have been charged

I think it works by you getting a refund when you cancel. But from what I've read, you have to cancel specifically on the 27th February Japan time (so 3pm on the 26th to 3pm on the 27th UK time) to get the refund.

ok that's good to know, the only reason  I wont have a permanent account yet is because I hate watching things on my laptop and would rather watch it via ps4