The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I was front row as usual, and didn't hear anything.

It was a cracking show with some tremendous announcements.

As well as hosting qualifiers for the WWE Global Cruiserweight Series, they're creating a second singles title, the Atlas Championship, specifically for wrestlers over the 205lb Cruiserweight limit. An 8 man tournament will crown the first champion, culminating on the Brixton Academy show in September.

• Paid Members

Tommy End commenting on Twitter that people were using the N word in the crowd at yesterday's show.

Anyone there care to confirm if they did hear anything like that and whether it was reported? Pretty disgusting behaviour if true.

That's weird. I mean it's not impossible one or two people used it in conversation (although it wouldn't have been in context to any of the wrestling) but it's not like there was a chant or anything. The crowd wouldn't have put up with anyone using it. Some bloke called James Davis a fat Wade Barrett and the crowd gave him hell for it, God knows what would have happened with someone inexplicably started shouting out the N word.

There were a couple of blokes in my section who were incredibly drunk and kept standing up and blocking peoples view and then getting aggressive when fans asked them to sit down. Usually PROGRESS is pretty good for keeping on top of that with Jim Smallman reminding people inbetween matches not to block others view. It didn't bother me but if I was sitting behind these arseholes I would have been livid.

Tommy End commenting on Twitter that people were using the N word in the crowd at yesterday's show.

Anyone there care to confirm if they did hear anything like that and whether it was reported? Pretty disgusting behaviour if true.

His twitter post says "person" so I assume it was just one guy saying it once, my guess it was probably said during the brawl in the crowd.

Bit of a bizarre thing to say, shame no one else picked up on it.

• Paid Members

I didn't think anyone in Progress would be bothered by that word. The two shows I've been to, Smallman has walked around the ring as he does with a "song" playing where that word is used about 20 times.

Context, I know, but.... yeah, don't like it.

• Paid Members

I know. That's why I mentioned context. I'm not that fucking thick, I was being facetious. I just saw an excuse to voice my distaste for that (apparently) Drake track playing and being forced to repeatedly hear that word.

Just passed the 02 Ritz in Manchester on my train home. 9 days to go. Whoo Hoo!

Looking forward to it. Looks a real good card. Hoping to watch Chapter 27 this weekend

I wasn't sure about the card when it was announced I felt a bit 'meh' about it. But the more I run the matches around in my head the excited I am. I thought when I missed Tetsujin I might have missed a chance to see Big Daddy Walter so buzzing I'll see him very up close.

As for Marty Scrull's open challenge anyone like to make a guess who might answer?