The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

How does everybody find Pivotshare for Progress On Demand?

My PC hardware is pretty up to date and I stream with no problems from absolutely everywhere else (Netflix, Hulu, Now TV, Amazon, Vimeo, a load of US places) and Pivotshare is the only video host I get issues with.

In Microsoft Edge I can't pick a video quality and it pixelates, in Chrome it freezes unless I choose a low quality setting and on Firefox it appears to run well but I can't see any options so I can't make it full screen. Anybody else seeing the same things?

Same here. I tried Chrome, Safari and Opera but neither worked. I had to cancel my subscription because of it. I couldn't get through a single match with out it buffering and I am a Netflix, Prime and Sky Go user who never has problems with either.

Funnily enough, I've heard it runs pretty well on the Wii U.

Edited by gadge

I had ICW On Demand until I deleted it due to a lack of usage which I only ever watched on my iPad. Did any tablet users here have a thing where after you paused it a certain amount of times, the pages reloaded and it'd start the show from the beginning? Because that's on Pivotshare as well

Results please.

Unsure on match order but...

Rampage Brown beat Mikey Whiplash

Tommy End beat James Davis (End then made the second stipulation for the SDS/Riots TLC match next month. The losing team can never tag in Progress again)

Bubblegum beat Jack Sexsmith

Pollyanna and Morgan Webster beat The South Pacific Power Couple (TK Cooper and Dahlia Black)

Jack Gallagher beat Timothy Thatcher

The Origin (Zack Gibson and Dave Mastiff) beat Damo/Joe Coffey, Sweet Jesus (Chuck Mambo and Pastor William Eaver), and The Dazzler Team (Darrell Allen and Earl Black Jr) in a 4 way tag match.

Marty Scurll beat Mark Haskins to retain the Progress Championship

Results please.

1. The Origin (Gibson & Mastiff) beat Coffey / Damo, Dazzler Wrestling Team and Sweet Jesus

2. Bubblegum beat Jack Sexsmith

3. Flash Morgan Webster / Pollyanna beat South Pacific Power Couple

4. Jack Gallagher beat Timothy Thatcher

5. Rampage Brown beat Mikey Whiplash

6. Tommy End beat James Davis (After the match, End announced the stipulation for the London Riots vs SDS would be that the losers could never tag together again in PROGRESS)

7. Marty Scurll beat Mark Haskins to retain the PROGRESS title, and after the match he put Haskins arm in a chair and stomped on it, in front of Haskins' wife. (This match was excellent also)

• Paid Members

Thoughts on Chapter 26 - it was pretty good. Nothing could live up to the best two matches on Chapter 24 (Sabre/Ciampa and Ospreay/Gibson/Webster) but it was still an enjoyable show. While minute by minute (according to gadge's timings) there was approximately the same amount of minutes of actual wrestling, it was a little more spread out. The opener ran a bit long for what it was and I thought some of those minutes should definitely have been afforded to Gallagher/Thatcher (which felt like the first 13 minutes of a really good 20 minute match) and Tommy/JD which probably only needed another couple, but even though they'd reached the go-home it still felt like an abrupt finish.

Minor quibbles. Actually, the opener did need a little more thought ; some of what was meant to go on was far too intricate to arrange between eight men without some things being cocked for timing and resulting in too many spots of wrestlers just stood there waiting for the two/three in front of them to finish the existing spot, or awkwardly trying to put themselves into position for a move the person doing the move wasn't ready for. And it was too long for an opener. Still, Bubblegum v Sexsmith was PERFECT for what it was meant to be and my emotional investment in Polly-fucking-anna's match was very high - although I thought the payoff was going to be her pinning Cooper and was slightly disappointed that wasn't the finish.

The main was objectively a very good match. I enjoyed Marty's tour de force of Danielson's finishers - Cattle Mutilation, the chickenwing (OBVS), the cheeky small package, the elbows to the head, the stomping on head holding the arms, the LeBell/Yes Lock. He was possibly only a Busaiku away from the whole collection. I say "objectively" a good match, because even though he's miles better than he used to be, I'm never really going to accept Haskins in a main event spot, and there was zero suspension of disbelief for me that he might win. I just couldn't see Progress taking the belt off The Villain in his first defence.

Despite my personal quibbles, it was still a very decent wrestling show. Absolutely shat on the Impact taping I endured two weeks ago for value for money (although thankfully I only paid a tenner for my TNA ticket due to desperate seller) and for quality of wrestling, Progress destroys any other BritWres company I've been to see live. Can't wait for Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want. Devastated that the stupid Euros are going to prevent me going in June.

• Paid Members

Agree lots of what Air Raid said there. For the money Progress is the best quality you'll get.

With that said I also thought the opener was a bit bad. Far too long and slow. Just wasn't a great way to kick off the show and I think as much as I enjoyed Bubblegum/Sexsmith, it was a bit much having that and the mixed tag silliness back to back straight after too.

I'm not the type to get offended at intergender and while they worked around it at least on the Babyface side, I wouldn't say I was really feeling it either. It did get over big with the majority of the audience though, as it always would with that Babyface team.

Gallagher/Thatcher was were things got good, a definite highlight of the night. Think there's loads of potential there in a series of matches if such a thing was even possible. The main event too was very good and made the show for me. Thought all the post match was fantastic too. This Scurll title reign looks full of potential.

• Paid Members

My only real criticism with the mixed tag, that I forgot to point out, was that Webster did one of those God-awful contrived looking "kick a part of the heel to make them somehow do a move on the other heel" spots. That bollocks needs to DIE like yesterday.