The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

That were a good show. Bit of a show of two halves. Opener was fun, liked Trent and Tyler passing Damian back and forth in the suplex. Ashton against Moser was acceptable but instantly forgettable. I largely tuned out during Haskins vs Webster as honestly, I don't like either of them enough to cheer for unless they're against someone I enjoy booing like Marty or Bubblegum, so against each other.... ugh. My highlight of the first half was definitely the womens match, as I've both followed the Jinny/VirgilElizabeth story, and I really like Toni Storm. In fact, I've got an obscene crush on her. But yeah, great fun storyline driven match. Every now and again you need to have a match where there is more going on than "wrestlers are in the ring having a match." Even if I would buy my ticket on no more than the promise of "Toni Storm will wrestle and you'll get to look at her bum."

Top 3 matches were great - Marty vs Tommy was truncated but worth it for marking out for Tommy's entrance and then kicking the champ's teeth in. First match of the bears division was enjoyable, hard-hitting stuff. T-Bone sure hasn't been skipping leg day. Last match was utterly brutal. I said before the match, of FSU "They better win" because there's only so many times you can make your babyfaces lose before fans accept that they're losers, and I came to eat those words. Honestly, Ligero probably should have been finished with FSU's finish on the apron, and I didn't think he should have recovered in time to save Cruz from the pin attempt in the ring. Once Eddie was cleaned out through the chair-topped table, I think there was an unnecessary level of abuse required to pin Andrews. But I'm nit-picking ; it was a wild and fun main event.

Progress are doing well in Manchester, two great shows and one acceptable out of the first three is a decent return. As it stands, they've got my money for the foreseeable.

EDIT - forgot to mention, there was a spot in one tag match where a heel atop his partner's shoulders took a strike, and instead of just falling off his partner, this miraculously caused him to give his partner an inverted Frankensteiner. I think I mentioned this after the last chapter... I'd die happy if REALLY contrived ways of getting one opponent to do something to the other would fuck off forever. There's no need for business-exposing bollocks like that, it looks terrible.

Edited by air_raid

Even if I would buy my ticket on no more than the promise of "Toni Storm will wrestle and you'll get to look at her bum."

Toni Storm's arse is massive, but in a perfectly acceptable way. When she came out, I didn't know what else to look at

Even if I would buy my ticket on no more than the promise of "Toni Storm will wrestle and you'll get to look at her bum."

Toni Storm's arse is massive, but in a perfectly acceptable way. When she came out, I didn't know what else to look at

It was as hypnotic as a Lava Lamp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

If you want to stand up on the balcony in the Ballroom, you'll need to start queuing between 12noon and 12:30pm, as those spots fill up very quickly and people get there early to make sure they get them.

If you want to just stand downstairs in the bar area you'd likely be safe turning up about 30-45 minutes before bell time. It does get absolutely packed down there too, but it only tends to get that way about a half-hour before the show starts.

I'll be missing this Sunday's show, having elected to go to TIDAL Wrestling in Leeds instead. I used to only miss PROGRESS if it clashed with PCW or Triple-X, but now they've expanded from 1 'unmissable' show every 2 months to 3 'quite good' shows every 2 months, I'm not sure I can justify as many costly trips down to London as that would necessitate.

I reckon I'll now just do the 'big' London shows (Anniversary show, SSS16, Brixton, particular big title/grudge/storyline matches) and the Manchester ones. I may even invest in their OnDemand service to keep up.

I've still got an unused code for a free month that they gave out with the first Manchester tickets that I will likely redeem to see Sunday's event.

Edited by Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but couldn't see anything on the Progress site or on here but does anyone know how the seating plan will work out for the Brixton show?...Just I've been to a few gigs and the floor is on a slight slope so wondering where the ring would be placed etc?