The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

I need to spend the next few weeks catching up with PROGRESS on demand.

Slightly off-topic, what is the track playing in the background of that Marty Scurll promo?  Can't figure out where I know it from?  Thinking it's Layer Cake for some reason

• Paid Members

Wound up doing a daytrip from Liverpool for this show and it was well worth it. The main event was fantastic and the atmosphere all night was superb. Glad I made the trip, would reccomend it to anyone. Progress have something genuinely special going on, it's unlike anything else in the country.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

So I've just seen that Progress has a free 7 day trial on demand.

Ive never watched any shows, where is a good place to start and see if it's my thing?

Thanks

The Super Strong Style 16 is a good way to see all the major players in decent matches but I'd suggest starting at ch9, which is the start of the Jimmy Havoc storyline

• Paid Members

If you want something up to date, the Manchester debut, Chapter 24: Hit The North, is an excellent show that showcased Progress to a new crowd live.

If that's enough to hook you into a proper subscription, then I'd recommend going back to Chapter 9. That's quite a lot to catch up on though.

I got into Progress not too long ago and started from Chapter 1. I've got a lot of time on my hands though so maybe that's not for everyone.

I'd recommend starting with one or two of the latest shows (chapter 23 and 24 for example) for a taster. If you like those then either head back to the start or, as has been suggested, go from Chapter 9 to follow the Jimmy Havoc story.

I started with Chapter 14 simply because I wanted to see the Joe v Rampage match. Was hooked instantly and the crowds were so brilliant. I then got the Chapter 15 DVD because I liked where the Regression story was going with the Titles v Careers match. And eventually took it from there. I now have almost the entire set (I got the Chapters 1-10 boxset to save time and money because the DVDs fetch insane prices on eBay. Saw a Chapter 4 one going for £30 on auction) I'm only missing the World Cup. I am yet to get Demand Progress, but I did promise I'd hold out until they had plenty of originals on there which they now have. I do look forward to being able to get to a show when I can.

• Paid Members

I started from SSS16, so if you're strapped for time do that. It worked for me.

On a side note, Nathan Cruz. I've only ever seen him in his role in The Origin. He's charismatic and plays a great heel. You really want to smack the guy. But he's fucking dog shit at actual wrestling. His character really shines through in the ring and he's got that side of things down great, but all his moves and strikes usually seem to be botched or look terrible. Is this the case generally or has he just had some poor in ring showings in PROGRESS recently?