The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

Yeah realistically it's a 15 minute walk if you don't want to have burning shins by time you get on the train.

That was via iMaps to be fair. Tend to use it over the one run by a certain search engine named after a very large number since it's already on my iPad. It actually said 12. But that'll be on a good day, obviously.

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to my first PROGRESS show. Has Dave Rayne been announced yet? I kid. I'm particularly looking forward to the London Riots Vs SDS and finally getting to see Will Ospreay.

• Paid Members

Gum vs Haskins is a big deal match for fans of the domestic game - personally I don't like Haskins, but it's a huge match.

Scurll vs Rampage is a show-stealer for me. I love (to hate) "The Villain."

• Paid Members

Well up for today.

I'm intrigued by debuting in Manchester with a triple threat main event. The best thing is that Ospreay vs Gibson vs Webster being announced has taken away the been there, done that feeling of the Natural Progression Series title shot cash-in which could have been more like every other Money in the Bank situation ever.

Rampage vs Scurll and Bubblegum vs Haskins are two properly choice singles encounters, while London Riots vs Sumerian Death Squad will bring chaos, and FSU/Gallagher vs The Origin will be more of a character based, story driven six man.

Throw in motherfucking Zack Sabre Jr vs Tommaso Ciampa and the much deserved Progress debut of Ashton Smith vs Kyle Ashmore and you have a proper Progress event. Bring. It. On.

Edited by gadge

• Paid Members

That was sensational. Progress has my money now as long as they run The Ritz. Other feds are going to do well to dig into my wrestling budget now between Progress running Manc every two months and the superb Rev:Pro shows at York Hall. In fact, that'll probably do me.

I was totally blown away by the show as a whole. Thanks to Zack Gibson throwing Flash Morgan Webster through the chairs I was able to upgrade my second row seat to a front row one. Cheers for helping out a fellow scouser fella! Sod Valentine's Day. Bring on the next show on the 14th. Hope the missus isn't reading.

Plus can we talk spoilers here or would that ruin it for anyone?

Edited by stevieg1980

• Paid Members

Here's results (times via gadge's Twitter - although I could have just tapped him on the shoulder and asked after every match....)

(1) Mark Haskins beat Bubblegum with the Star Armbar. (10:17)
(2) Ashton Smith pinned Kyle Ashmore after Go To Sleep. (9:28)
(3) Dave Mastiff, Nathan Cruz & El Ligero beat Jack Gallagher & FSU, Ligero pinned Eddie Dennis with a small package. (12:40)
(4) Tomasso Ciampa pinned Zack Sabre Jr reversing an O'Connor roll bridge into a "German suplex" position bridge. (25:44)
(5) The London Riots beat Sumerian Death Squad by disqualification when SDS used a chair. (12:14)
(6) Marty Scurll pinned Rampage Brown after hitting him with his umbrella. (9:25)
(7) Progress Champion Will Ospreay beat Zack Gibson and "Flash" Morgan Webster, pinning Webster after a 630. (20:25)

The main event was expertly booked to make you think Gibson was going to steal the win and complete the night for Origin, firstly when his teammates were keeping Ospreay restrained and it looked as though he would beat Webster (FSU/Gallagher eventually evened things up) and secondly by stealing the pin from Ospreay after British Airways/Red Arrow, but Morgan kicked out. Ultimately there was much kerfuffle on the top rope and Morgan landed a 450 on Gibson, but then the champ smashed Morgan with the 630 to retain.