The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

As of September the shows are now more frequent, and with Manchester being added as well I feel like it will spread out. Adding more total tickets as opposed to moving to a bigger venue and losing the atmosphere seems like a good option. 

Speaking as a resident of sunny Mancunia who will part with cash every time Progress decide to come to The Ritz, I have no qualms with this potential arrangement.

• Paid Members

One thing they could do is limit the amount of tickets you can buy. One guy bought SEVEN front row tickets. Crazy.

Anygadgebody we know?

One thing they could do is limit the amount of tickets you can buy. One guy bought SEVEN front row tickets. Crazy.

Anygadgebody we know?

He's a regular and does have a large group that come with him. It is something they might have to consider.

• Paid Members

I get that the venue's great and it helps the brand to have the superfast sellouts and all, but the point must come when they are leaving too much money on the table. IIRC correctly they had 300 on the waiting list recently, so if that happens every show and all those folk are prepared to buy standard seating, that's £43,000 a year they are passing up.

I get that the venue's great and it helps the brand to have the superfast sellouts and all, but the point must come when they are leaving too much money on the table. IIRC correctly they had 300 on the waiting list recently, so if that happens every show and all those folk are prepared to buy standard seating, that's £43,000 a year they are passing up.

PWG obviously don't operate a waiting list, but I assume if they did the demand would be similar. It's a trade off, maybe it's worth. They've already gone to every six weeks, but monthly Ballroom shows can't be too far away. 

• Paid Members

I was back in the Standard seating (6th row & back) for yesterday's show (for which I'll type-up some thoughts in the next day or so) and would easily say that once the Front, Gold and Silver have gone, unless you've specific reasons to want a seat, I'd recommend you'd actually be better off going for the standing-up tickets over standard seating. You'll have a better view, and quite possibly be closer to the ring too.

• Paid Members

unless you've specific reasons to want a seat

backpaindoll2.jpg

Back on topic, it sounds like they have a relatively good deal financially with the venue that means they'd not necessarily be better off selling more tickets somewhere else.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Surely with Koko five minutes down the road though it'd make sense to move there? They'd probably sell the place out quite comfortably and it would surely have the same atmosphere as the Electric Ballroom.

I was at Sunday's show and thought it was fantastic obviously. Only my second BritWres show too and I have been massivly impressed with some of the talent the UK has to offer. Here's who I've been impressed by and not so impressed by so far:

Good - Marty Scurll, Eddie Dennis, Will Ospreay, Jimmy Havoc, Bubblegum, Rampage Brown, Sumerian Death Squad, Flash Morgan Webster

Not good - Nathan Cruz, Sebastian Shaw, Damon Moser, Damian Dunn, Mike Hitchman, Mark Haskins, Tom Irvman