The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

They seem incredibly happy with the Electric Ballroom and there's always a question of whether you lose something making that step up. PWG still run the same 400-seater they always have, despite 5-minute sell-outs. It probably wouldn't hurt to try it once, though...

Exactly that. The atmosphere is such a huge part of promotions like PROGRESS and PWG that moving is not an easy decision. Running things like weekenders and more frequent shows (they're now doing every six weeks instead of every two months) may lessen that load a bit.
Agree with the atmosphere thing for Progress. Surely soon though taking a risk on a show elsewhere, possibly the North West of England (hint, hint) would be worth a shot to see if its as popular elsewhere.
The north west of England that already has PCW doing similar numbers, and Futureshock selling out most of their Underground shows? Why tread on their toes?

ICW have ran around here and also NGW are running shows quite often around this area now. Can't hurt now can it.

It's a wish, a hope that one day they may decide to take their show out of Central London and try their hand elsewhere. Not me questioning their business practices or 'mission statements'.

Is it too much to ask that you let me have a dream? :)

Or you can stick your trainers on and get down to a show. Dont wait for them to come to you, because you could be waiting an awfully long time

Yes I know I'm just being cheap. *sigh*

Must convince the missus she needs to visit London.

Edited by stevieg1980

• Paid Members

That's the thing - they don't need to tour; people go to them.

If only there were promotions already running in the north west where you could see PROGRESS regulars like Mastiff, Rampage, Dar, Ospreay, Ligero, Samuels, Kirby, Travis, etc...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Interestingly, that makes a 'north west weekender', with PCW Festive Fury on the Friday, either Infinite in Liverpool or PAID in Morecambe on the Saturday, then PROGRESS on the Sunday.

EDIT: scrap that - PCW have changed dates with their 4-show, 3-day event (Supershow of Honor 2???) the weekend before.

Edited by Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

I think someone in the north west swapped dates with PCW on that date in december. GPW i think

That makes sense, given GPW were running the Friday before and would've made an odd clash with (what has now officially been announced as) the PCW & ROH weekender.

• Paid Members
That makes sense, given GPW were running the Friday before and would've made an odd clash with (what has now officially been announced as) the PCW & ROH weekender.

That's mental that we're already talking about this coming round again, the last one feels like yesterday. Maybe it's my age.