The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

Just signed to the Progress OnDemand service, as I heard a bunch of good things about the promotion. Where would be a good event to start with for someone jumping in at the deep end?

Definitely start from the start. You get to see how all the characters bed in and develop with the PROGRESS audience (the tribulations of Will Ospreay, the angst with the London Riots, etc.). Also,I've got a strong feeling that one of the main current storylines will call-back and be based on events of the early Chapters...

• 2 weeks later...

So this is this weekend! So excited for the tournament.

For those that missed the draw, the line ups currently look like this:

Night 1 (Sunday 24th 4pm-7pm)

SPLX #SSS16 Tournament 1st Round
El Ligero Vs Will Ospreay
Mark Haskins Vs Jack Gallagher
Rampage Brown Vs Big Daddy Walter
Tommy End Vs Roderick Strong
Eddie Dennis Vs Marty Scurll
Dave Mastiff Vs Noam Dar
Damo O’Connor Vs Tommaso Ciampa
Zack Gibson Vs Zack Sabre Jr

London Riots Vs Regression (Jimmy Havoc and Paul Robinson)

Night 2 (Monday 25th 2pm-7pm)

Jinny Vs Pollyanna (No DQ)

Quarter finals, semi finals and finals
& all eliminated competitors WILL be on the show

Predictions???
Edited by cleslie92

• Paid Members

Am I right in thinking that the process for a complete newbie to try and get tickets to a Progress show is essentially : "You cant" ?

• Paid Members

Am I right in thinking that the process for a complete newbie to try and get tickets to a Progress show is essentially : "You cant" ?

You basically have to sign up beforehand and then get them as soon as they go on sale. It's my first show this weekend and I got tickets without any issues.

On a side note, I have tickets for 4-5th row. If I turn up an hour before the start time am I going to have any issues getting seated? I recall another poster saying people queue up outside 2 hours before the doors open!

On a side note, I have tickets for 4-5th row. If I turn up an hour before the start time am I going to have any issues getting seated? I recall another poster saying people queue up outside 2 hours before the doors open!

If you've got a silver ticket (row 4/5), you'll get a seat in silver section. Ditto front row, gold, and regular seatging. Tickets are first-come-first-served within your ticket band but if you've bought a seat, you'll get a seat.

Anyone looking for returns for this weekend's shows (now that the rail strike is off!), we have a re-sale microsite at http://progresswrestling.twickets.co.uk/. Very quick, easy and secure. Handful of weekend and day tickets available at the time of writing.

I have tickets which I bought the day they were released. What do I need to bring with me to the Ballroom, I can't remember receiving an eTicket, do I just bring my paypal receipt?

I can't wait. Bringing two different people on each day. Neither are wrestling fans, hope to convert them with wrestling and beer!

Anyone looking for returns for this weekend's shows (now that the rail strike is off!), we have a re-sale microsite at http://progresswrestling.twickets.co.uk/. Very quick, easy and secure. Handful of weekend and day tickets available at the time of writing.

I have tickets which I bought the day they were released. What do I need to bring with me to the Ballroom, I can't remember receiving an eTicket, do I just bring my paypal receipt?

I can't wait. Bringing two different people on each day. Neither are wrestling fans, hope to convert them with wrestling and beer!

Yeah just bring your receipt!

• Paid Members

You basically have to sign up beforehand and then get them as soon as they go on sale. It's my first show this weekend and I got tickets without any issues.

You'll definitely get a seat in the 'band' you've bought - people queue early if they want to sit together with their friends, or sit in particular places (for instance, 'gold' tickets are 2nd and 3rd rows, so people who definitely want 2nd would queue early), or have standing tickets and want to make sure they get a balcony view.

And yes - the queue does usually start around 2hrs before doors open!!