The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

I can completely understand reasons why they need to hotshot that match, but their storyline explanation for it is one of the dumbest things I think I've ever read.

"We don't have number one contenders, so we have to make the champs split up and fight each other". Seriously, that's the best they could come up with. Again, guessing why they have to do SOMETHING, in storyline world wouldn't the answer to the problem of "no contenders" be "decide some number one contenders"?

EDIT: also, front row once again, yeah!

Edited by Big Benny HG

A rather typical Monday event in recent times... I go on Twitter at about 10:05, notice a load of talk about PROGRESS and realise I've missed the boat a-fuckin-gain!

Got my usual. 2 standing tickets.

:)

I can completely understand reasons why they need to hotshot that match, but their storyline explanation for it is one of the dumbest things I think I've ever read.

"We don't have number one contenders, so we have to make the champs split up and fight each other". Seriously, that's the best they could come up with. Again, guessing why they have to do SOMETHING, in storyline world wouldn't the answer to the problem of "no contenders" be "decide some number one contenders"?

EDIT: also, front row once again, yeah!

It's all a bit odd. I can't really have seen Andrews keeping the fact he has a TNA contract from promoters (especially in his main gig of PROGRESS) so they could have hinted at something on the last show so this didn't seem so out of the blue. Plus it seems like a major dickhead move from the uber-face PROGRESS Management.

In terms of a actual match, I'm a big fan of it, but in how it's come about, I'm not so much a fan of.

From the looks of things, this show will be the game-changer for PROGRESS. The last NPS final saw the fantastic Jimmy Havoc angle. This show has the 2nd final, what looks to be the pay-off in the Will Ospreay redemption storyline (going from constant loser to THUNDERBASTARD to the destroyer of REGRESSION) and now this.

I'm utterly convinced the moment Havoc loses the belt, he'll turn face again. He's had the deck stacked against him that much, that they have to say "he's still a cunt, but he brought prestige to that belt" at the very least.

In fact, PROGRESS shows are awesome but their storylines are a bit all over the place, I think. If you watch Jimmy Havoc's current set of title matches back, they could be played out the exact same way if all the heels were faces and all the faces were heels. Only majorly prickish thing he's done was leave The London Riots.

Some date changes, shows will start running every 6 weeks from July:

CHAPTER 18 – March 22nd – SOLD OUT

CHAPTER 19 Part One – May 24th – On sale March 2nd

CHAPTER 19 Part Two – May 25th – On Sale March 2nd

CHAPTER 20 – July 26th

CHAPTER 21 – September 6th

CHAPTER 22 – October 18th

CHAPTER 23 – November 29th

• 2 weeks later...

Full card for Sunday's show - Chapter 17: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger 

PROGRESS TITLE MATCH
Jimmy Havoc © vs Will Ospreay

PROGRESS TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH - Winner keeps both titles and picks a new partner
Mark Andrews © vs Eddie Dennis ©

NATURAL PROGRESSION SERIES 2 FINAL 
"Flash" Morgan Webster vs Zack Gibson 

El Ligero vs Marty Scurll 

Paul Robinson vs Noam Dar 

Tommy End vs Dave Mastiff 

Mark Haskins vs Rampage Brown 

WATCH: "There is nothing I won't to you, or myself"

Edited by ThisIsProgress