Championship and Lower League Thread 2014/15

patiirc

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Can see it going very well tbh. I think I said in the PL thread he's a good manager and someone desperate for the promotion £ would give him a job. He's a good manager and I don't think he'll have much trouble winning the dressing room. It's not like he's got a load Graeme Le Saux's, they have have James McClean ffs! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

STILL top of the third flight after beating Yeovil 2-1 (or 1-0 if you go by our scoreboard, or 7-1 if we hadn't missed three sitters and a penalty), but it's getting tougher. Yeovil, Preston and McDons are still a point behind, with the latter a game in hand.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a weird season at Stevenage, it has to be said. It had been a third successive summer of wholesale changes but we had an exciting looking young side and people were confident we'd go straight back up to League One, but we were terrible inconsistent and were languishing in the bottom half for a while, with the fans fast losing patience with Graham Westley. Suddenly, with a few players back from injury and some shrewd loan signings we went on a run that saw us go straight from worryingly close to the relegation fight to the play-off spots, only for about half the squad to go down with serious injuries, forcing us to play youth players and start losing again. Towards the end the youth started improving, especially young Ben Kennedy who really is one to watch, and we've started to win games again just in time for the injury list to clear up.

One point of the play-off places right now, and with Westley's emphasis on fitness and teamwork his Boro sides typically hit some pretty impressive form by mid-March. This could go anywhere. The main issue is that if we do go up, I'm not sure if this side is ready for League One. But then again, I said that last time and we finished sixth.

• 3 weeks later...

So the greatest Football League Trophy Team to have ever been, only team to have won it 3 times, can we keep it? and barring a minor miracle, dead set for promotion as Champions.

That's a season and a half 

How's every one else fairing?

So the greatest Football League Trophy Team to have ever been, only team to have won it 3 times, can we keep it? and barring a minor miracle, dead set for promotion as Champions.

That's a season and a half

How's every one else fairing?

As a Cardiff City fan it's not easy for me to say this, but congratulations!

Na in all seriousness, well done and I'm looking forward to the Derby next year in the Championship.

Our season has been bloody awful but at least we are putting a good run together at the end so hopefully that will count for something. That is if we have any players left next season.

Is Bristol City vs Cardiff a derby?

Indeed it is. The Severnside Derby. Not a huge derby in the football world by any means, but it's a pretty intense rivalry between the two sets of supporters which has led to some quite spicy encounters on and off the pitch. We've dominated the matches in recent years though, but I can see that changing next season.

As a Cardiff City fan it's not easy for me to say this, but congratulations!

Na in all seriousness, well done and I'm looking forward to the Derby next year in the Championship.

Our season has been bloody awful but at least we are putting a good run together at the end so hopefully that will count for something. That is if we have any players left next season.

As long as isnt a bubble then should be fine, done a few Severnside Derbies and the hate is palpable. Reason being for so much hatred is probably because for years the teams were the closest geographically and in terms of league status. what with Swansea doing their thing and Rovers being a complete insignificance for most of the last 20 years.

The trouble for these matches is insane, but usually good football, unusual for a Derby.

Archived