Championship and Lower League Thread 2014/15

patiirc

• Paid Members

Coventry City fan. Fucking awful, but was expecting it. Hopefully we can stay up and see how much more of a circus we can be next year.

Keith, thoughts on Lee Burge? I know he seems to divide opinion everywhere but being a Hereford boy and having knocked me out in 2 consecutive High School Rugby matches, I have somewhat of a interest in how his career goes so I can tell that story and have it mean something haha.

As for me, with the new Hereford FC up and running, waiting on what league we'll be placed in, yet managing to sell near 500 season tickets for next season with no current manager, team or league, its promising for us to say the least. Bath City (uni home) haven't done too badly, not great but there's a chance for them to build next season as well to chase a playoff spot.

Just have to forget how crap this year was for football in Hereford. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing with keepers is people remember mistakes more than solid performances. He has certainly saved up more points than he has cost us, that's for sure. Our back four would hardly fill him with confidence, he is a good egg in my book.

Coventry City fan. Fucking awful, but was expecting it. Hopefully we can stay up and see how much more of a circus we can be next year.

Keith, thoughts on Lee Burge? I know he seems to divide opinion everywhere but being a Hereford boy and having knocked me out in 2 consecutive High School Rugby matches, I have somewhat of a interest in how his career goes so I can tell that story and have it mean something haha.

As for me, with the new Hereford FC up and running, waiting on what league we'll be placed in, yet managing to sell near 500 season tickets for next season with no current manager, team or league, its promising for us to say the least. Bath City (uni home) haven't done too badly, not great but there's a chance for them to build next season as well to chase a playoff spot.

Just have to forget how crap this year was for football in Hereford. 

Really hope to see Hereford fly back up the Leagues. As a Chester FC fan, I hated the fact we stayed up because of another clubs demise. Its a horrible feeling seeing your club being ran into the ground. With the right management and fans behind the team you should fly up the Leagues (although the Southern Leagues will be an awful lot tougher to climb than the Northern Leagues).

All the best and enjoy it. My favourite seasons following Chester have been when we were in the evo-stick and NPL. There was such a feel good factor about the place, proper community spirit about the place. Now we've been in the Conference Prem for 2 years we seem to be losing that.

Brentford have always been my second team, being where I grew up, and played for as a youngster and my Grandad being a season ticket holder for 50 odd years, and having his ashes scattered in the corner of the pitch, I am chuffed that they have had a great season, but gutted that they've been in the hunt for so long and are now no longer in the mix.

Was looking forward to going to Wembley for the final, to banish the memories of Yeovil a couple of years ago....Oh Trotta, why did you miss that pen!!!!

The Championship is always a great race, and as a Spurs fan who's season ended about 2 months ago, I'm more interested in it than I am the Prem.

Also want Chesterfield to go up, to please my manager who doesn't stop banging on about them.

• Paid Members

Wolves fan here.

We've done really well I feel, I never expected a promotion this year and was exceptionally happy that we've been in and around the play offs all season and have made good showings for the majority of the season.

Benik Afobe may be one of the most astute buys since Bully for us, and a full season with him up front will have us pushing on even mote next season.

The emergence of Hause and Iorfa in defence has been a revelation, U20s CB pairing and so so promising for our future.

Jack Price is my POTS couldn't understand his loan spells out, and since his return our midfield has looked stronger.

Will need to replace Sako in the summer sadly, but I'm sure Jackett will have something up his sleeve!

Would like to finish above Brentford if we somehow claim 6th I'll be ecstatic.

A little over 5 years ago Tranmere Rovers were 6 Leagues apart from Chester FC. During a pre-season friendly prior to our Evo-Stick Northern Premier Division campaign, the Tranmere fans song a few goodbye songs, one chant singing how they'll never play us again!

Looks a real possibility they'll be joining us in the Conference next season.

Only downside is it could likely be another 'Bubble match' along with the Wrexham game :( 

What a fantastic weekend for Boro. Our defence was an impenetrable force last night and Bournemouth's injury time slip-up has kept our automatic dream alive. It is crazy to think we could get 90 points and still end up in third place. That hasn't happened since the 97//98 season when the Mackem's came third behind Forest and Boro. 

Just 180 minutes of bum clenching to go. Hopefully either Watford or Bournemouth will slip-up in that time!

• Paid Members

A little over 5 years ago Tranmere Rovers were 6 Leagues apart from Chester FC. During a pre-season friendly prior to our Evo-Stick Northern Premier Division campaign, the Tranmere fans song a few goodbye songs, one chant singing how they'll never play us again!

Looks a real possibility they'll be joining us in the Conference next season.

Really don't want Tranmere to go down. Me and my dad went down for a pre-season friendly about 17 years ago and it was a great wee place.

Cardiff City fan. It's been an uneventful end to the season on the pitch. Off the pitch the circus rolls on.

I'm fearing the worst next season but am willing to give Russell Slade the summer to build his own squad.

How often have you been this season? Surely you can't want Slade to stay, he is terrible. He's the main reason we are performing so bad I think. All the fans want him gone.

Tranmere's decline is sad to see, but it's a titchy ground and they have been meandering since Aldrige left nearly 20 years ago iirc. Shame as the fans are greta and as is the atmosphere

In other news... CHAMPIONS.. Delieriously happy :)

Cardiff City fan. It's been an uneventful end to the season on the pitch. Off the pitch the circus rolls on.

I'm fearing the worst next season but am willing to give Russell Slade the summer to build his own squad.

How often have you been this season? Surely you can't want Slade to stay, he is terrible. He's the main reason we are performing so bad I think. All the fans want him gone.

I'll admit I haven't been that regularly. About once a month this season! Yeah the performances have been shocking. I don't really know what I meant. Id rather him not be at the helm at the start of the season but he's going to be isn't he? Might as well let him get his own players in and pray for a miracle.

• Paid Members

What a fantastic weekend for Boro. Our defence was an impenetrable force last night and Bournemouth's injury time slip-up has kept our automatic dream alive. It is crazy to think we could get 90 points and still end up in third place. That hasn't happened since the 97//98 season when the Mackem's came third behind Forest and Boro.

Just 180 minutes of bum clenching to go. Hopefully either Watford or Bournemouth will slip-up in that time!

We've got two decent fixtures in terms of placement, but you can never really count that for anything. Even though it often works, Boro's main issue is parking the bus with 20 minutes left.

High hopes for a top 2 though, but could do with it being a less tighter race.

• Paid Members

Can't believe we thought bringing the keeper up with 30 seconds to play was a good idea. With 10 men we were lucky to get to 3-3, we should have played the Draw out and give ourselves a better chance in regards to Bournemouth's results. Daft decision cost us.

wow, Ipswich - Norwich in the play off semis

Notts County fan here. shitting it. tomorrow's final day of League 1, and three out of six teams still to get relegated out of us, Cov, Crewe, Colchester and Orient. gonna be a mental day

Archived