Championship and Lower League Thread 2014/15

patiirc

• Paid Members

Hockaday at Leeds Utd has had his contract terminated according to the BBC.

And on SSN.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is Dougie Freedman treated down there? Bolton seem to get beat every time I look at their scores. He's been in the job for a good while too. I bet he is fucking kicking himself for leaving Palace.

Pretty much 100% of the fans want rid of him now.  I saw a stat after the Crewe game mid-week that said he'd been in charge at Bolton for the same number of games as was in charge at Palace, and surprisingly his win ratio is better at Bolton...which means he must have been terrible in his first season or so at Palace.

Our squad isn't the best, but it isn't bottom 3 after 5 league games with only 1 point bad, so he is clearly doing something wrong.  I read on Twitter earlier that the Owner, Chief Executive and Chairman were all at the game today.  May not have long left.

• 3 weeks later...

...and Dougie Freedman still has a job after winning a game against Rotherham.  I'd still have sacked him.  It's just a stay of Execution.  Next 3 games are Wolves away, Chelsea away in the League Cup and Derby at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Dougie has to go after today.  Very loud chants of "Freedman out" and "Gartside out" today, as well as a fan invading the pitch and launching what is assumed to be his season ticket at Freedman.  Freedman hardly moved out of his seat after that incident.

Seems a decent bloke, talks a good game, but he isn't the man for the job at Bolton.  No idea who is though to be honest.  Need re-shaping from top to bottom, hopefully without going down to League 1 first, which seems a very real possibility this season.

• Paid Members

Dougie has to go after today.  Very loud chants of "Freedman out" and "Gartside out" today, as well as a fan invading the pitch and launching what is assumed to be his season ticket at Freedman.  Freedman hardly moved out of his seat after that incident.

Seems a decent bloke, talks a good game, but he isn't the man for the job at Bolton.  No idea who is though to be honest.  Need re-shaping from top to bottom, hopefully without going down to League 1 first, which seems a very real possibility this season.

Dougie's gone.

Just missed out on £109 for a patent on a Cardiff draw, Sunderland draw and Everton win. But LOL Cardiff.

Yep.  Dougie has left the building.  Much better atmosphere at the Macron today.  Surprisingly, much better performance too, despite losing 2-1 to 10 men.  Still Gartside out chants though,  Change needs to happen at the club, and it's not just Freedman who needed to go.  Gartside has now employed a few donkeys since Big Sam left and let our debt get out of hand.

Freedman by all accounts did a lot of good behind the scenes and was signing some young players, so it seemed like he had a long term plan, but results in the present were nowhere near good enough.  Since he left, been a few ex-players speak out, and a few stories done the rounds about him,  Don't know how much of it is true.

Fingers crossed for the future.  Few points behind the pack now, but plenty of time left in the season for us to not be worrying about League 1 just yet.

Archived