Championship and Lower League Thread 2014/15

patiirc

• Paid Members

Regardless of Boro's result in the playoffs, it looks like we'll be lined up for at least one North East derby next season. Newcastle especially look buggered.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna do some play-off predictions to take my mind off this garbage day

I think at Wembley:

Norwich will beat Boro

Preston beat Sheff U

Southend beat Wycombe

Bristol Rovers beat Grimsby

Well even though Rochdale got beat 5 - 0 by barnsley today, not to be too disheartened as they have finished in their highest position ever.

Glad Notts County got relegated for all the cheating they did when they pipped rochdale to the League 2 title 5 years ago.

Plus looking forward to what could be League 1 north next season with rivals Bury getting promoted.

Just hoping Rochdale sign 2 or 3 quality players and some decent backup players as that has been the downfall at times when 1st teamers have got injured.

8 fucking 2 too finish the season.. Am dreaming. I fancy Preston to pull themselves together after todays awful showing at Colchester, and they were woeful. The Double and so many records broken this season it's insane. Young squad, bar Wade Elliott and some football that is out of this world. if we can carry on next season Bornemouth Brentford is possible.

I think the League One Clubs are benefiting from having a different set of FFP rules which means they can get the best players, with transfer fees, but will be in a way in which they will be set for Champ wages. We slashed our playing budget something daft like 80% per cent following relegation, and now look. Our Best Season, ever..

Gods know how much Bristol citys playing budget must have been if cut by 80%. I still bet they had 1 of the top 5 budgets in league 1.

I bet wilbraham and agard are on the equivalent to what 5 rochdale players are on a week.

Gods know how much Bristol citys playing budget must have been if cut by 80%. I still bet they had 1 of the top 5 budgets in league 1.

I bet wilbraham and agard are on the equivalent to what 5 rochdale players are on a week.

Doubt it, as the ground is being redeveloped average home capacity this season has been much lower. We can spunk out on transfers, but not wages as is something like 60% wages to Turnover for  League 1 and 2, which is why said many of the league one teams are in a much better position to build once promoted.

We have a small squad supplimented by youth.players as per the much derided five pillars. Next year under FFP we will be living with in our means much in the way the others coming up. 

Wilbraham was done, til a freak meeting with Cotts.

• Paid Members

Awww does that mean Sky won't be showing the goals as they go in or as soon as the games finish now?

I don't know but I can't see why not. They currently have a deal for live games and highlights separate to the terrestrial package the BBC have so would imagine they still will.

Awww does that mean Sky won't be showing the goals as they go in or as soon as the games finish now?

I don't know but I can't see why not. They currently have a deal for live games and highlights separate to the terrestrial package the BBC have so would imagine they still will.

Good point

You'll not see a better game of football than that 5-5 match between Swindon and Sheff Utd last night. Brilliant stuff.

Jason McAteer disagrees with you.

He tweeted last night that the Bolton Reading one a few years back was better

• Paid Members

I've seen a few better. It was incredible but because Sheff United were quite a way behind for most of it, it just lacked some drama. Of course that then came in spades when seven minutes went up on the board.

I told you League One was quality. I just didn't mean the defending.

You'll not see a better game of football than that 5-5 match between Swindon and Sheff Utd last night. Brilliant stuff.

Jason McAteer disagrees with you.

He tweeted last night that the Bolton Reading one a few years back was better

I was at that match. I'd say it was probably the best game I've ever been to.

Saw the first half last night. Delighted for Ben Gladwin who I know from local non league football. He stood out like a sore thumb in the Evo Stick Division One Central and I think Tim Sherwood might have been watching him last night. 

Archived