Championship and Lower League Thread 2014/15

patiirc

Well, even though the World Cup is in full swing, domestic football hasn't ceased and today is the League Cup Draw and Fixtures are released later in the week

Here's the full League Cup Draw

Oldham v Middlesbrough

Shrewsbury v Blackpool

Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County

Tranmere v Nottingham Forest

Leeds v Accrington

Bolton v Bury

Rochdale v Preston

Rotherham v Fleetwood

Carlisle v Derby

Port Vale v Hartlepool

Morecambe v Bradford

Barnsley v Crewe

Chesterfield v Huddersfield

Blackburn v Scunthorpe

Burton v Wigan

York v Doncaster

Sheffield United v Mansfield

Reading v Newport

Bristol City v Oxford

Brighton v Cheltenham

Coventry v Cardiff

Luton v Swindon

Dagenham & Redbridge v Brentford

Charlton v Colchester

Crawley v Ipswich

Wolves v Northampton

Yeovil v Gillingham

MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon

Exeter v Bournemouth

Stevenage v Watford

Plymouth v Leyton Orient

Birmingham v Cambridge

Portsmouth v Peterborough

Millwall v Wycombe

Southend v Walsall

Strange not seeing ' The Gas' there, however We are home Vs Oxford, which is none to shabby?

Who have your team got? Happy?

Moving further afield, what do you think of your teams chances for the season?

Brizzle havent really made any transfer noises yet and I'll be happy to build on last season, not expecting promotion or anything daft, but would be nice to cement a system or something in.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Nice draw, but it hinges on the first league game.

Another Dons derby hoolipalooza, and this time it may be the TV broadcast.

I think leeds are going to take the worst appointment of the close season award from us (albion) by appointing david hockaday as manager. He was sacked at forest green rovers for losing 7 out of 8. Two out of his 4 full season in charge were relegation battles the other two they finished tenth. Seems crazy to me, maybe im missing something??

I think leeds are going to take the worst appointment of the close season award from us (albion) by appointing david hockaday as manager. He was sacked at forest green rovers for losing 7 out of 8. Two out of his 4 full season in charge were relegation battles the other two they finished tenth. Seems crazy to me, maybe im missing something??

You're not, but I imagine their owner is. Namely a brain.

This season will be my first ever as a season ticket holder anywhere, as I've purchased a ticket in the Kop for Sheffield Wednesday. As such I'm looking forward to the season ahead, especially after they were taken over by the owner of RC Lens last week.

Might still have a punt on them getting relegated just to be safe though :unsure:

Bury at home for Bolton. Nice little derby. Sorted out a season ticket for Wanderers this season too. First time in about 9 years. I imagine it will be different this coming season to my last season with a season ticket when we had the likes of Djorkaeff, Okocha and Campo.

To be fair, I think Leeds are trying to copy Liverpool and Swansea with that appointment. Hockaday is well known for bringing and training youth players. Many of the Watford team of the mid 2000's were his and he had some success at Southampton too.He also got plaudits at FGR for bringing on and through the likes of Eddie Oshodi and Norwood

As an aside, FGR are a non league oddity. Dale Vince is relatively loaded c.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived