Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

Hadn't the US boom ended by 92 anyway, despite still going strong in Europe. Thanks to Bret Hart obviously.

Yes with Hogan leaving the company and the bad media coverage because of the scandals and steroid abuse they got. Not to mention that Nailz almost choked the fucker to death. It's safe to say that 1992 was a year Vince would rather forget.

Edited by Lemon Juice

Hadn't the US boom ended by 92 anyway, despite still going strong in Europe. Thanks to Bret Hart obviously.

Yes with Hogan leaving the company and the bad media coverage because of the scandals and steroid abuse they got. Not to mention that Nailz almost choked the fucker to death. It's safe to say that 1992 was a year Vince would rather forget.

Absolutely, but that month was essentially a Wrestlemania so excluded from the list and a killer tour of Europe. Maybe have a look at history of WWE to see if there was small US house shows either side.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

Stewart mentioned Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns on the Daily Show last week. He (or one of his writers) must be a wrestling fan.

I think it's Stewart himself, or at least his son. I'm sure he ended that bit last week with "... I watch far too much wrestling". Foley's been on the show a few times, and I'm sure he's used Zeb Colter clips before too.

• Paid Members

Stewart mentioned Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns on the Daily Show last week. He (or one of his writers) must be a wrestling fan.

I think it's Stewart himself, or at least his son. I'm sure he ended that bit last week with "... I watch far too much wrestling". Foley's been on the show a few times, and I'm sure he's used Zeb Colter clips before too.

Stewart's a fan. He used to be into it, and he got back into it when his son got into it. He did a fun bit after Wrestlemania about the Undertaker losing the streak. There are some surprising fans out there - Alan Moore used to be a big fan, and quite a few comedians/comic-book writers are.