UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

• Paid Members

I've obviously asked this of the Network support staff too & waiting a reply bit wondered if anyone here knows.

I've now watched Rumble & Fast Lane on the Network and am in the process of watching the last hour of Hall of Fame - all on demand not live.

On each one I'm still experiencing skipping problems. I could understand it (whilst not liking it) if it's catching up on live stream due to buffering but why would it be happening using the on demand facility?

In addition to the buffering problems that prompted me to end up buying the PPV on Sunday, I am growing a little frustrated with issues like this.

Me too, it's really annoying me now. It did it during a good bit during the Brock/Reigns bit as well.

How are you watching the network? It happens to me when watching via my Xbox 360 and my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), both via fibre Wi-Fi. Don't think it happens with my Nexus tablet though, also via Wi-Fi.

If you get a response from them, it'd be really handy if you could post here what they put mate. :thumbsup:

Edit: and it ONLY seems to happen for the new PPVs and HoF. Haven't had any problems with any old PPVs our old shows. Or NXT, I don't think.

Edited by PunkStep

When I want to watch the Network on my Samsung Galaxy S5 I get an error message that the video can't be played. The opening video with the rating does play and I can watch other videos on the app too. I only have the error with the WWE Network videos.

Does someone have any ideas on how to solve this?

• Paid Members

I've obviously asked this of the Network support staff too & waiting a reply bit wondered if anyone here knows.

I've now watched Rumble & Fast Lane on the Network and am in the process of watching the last hour of Hall of Fame - all on demand not live.

On each one I'm still experiencing skipping problems. I could understand it (whilst not liking it) if it's catching up on live stream due to buffering but why would it be happening using the on demand facility?

In addition to the buffering problems that prompted me to end up buying the PPV on Sunday, I am growing a little frustrated with issues like this.

Me too, it's really annoying me now. It did it during a good bit during the Brock/Reigns bit as well.

How are you watching the network? It happens to me when watching via my Xbox 360 and my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), both via fibre Wi-Fi. Don't think it happens with my Nexus tablet though, also via Wi-Fi.

If you get a response from them, it'd be really handy if you could post here what they put mate. :thumbsup:

Edit: and it ONLY seems to happen for the new PPVs and HoF. Haven't had any problems with any old PPVs our old shows. Or NXT, I don't think.

I've found if you change your XBox 360 to a lesser resolution things run much smoother.

• Paid Members

I found it really helped the skipping issues. When I first got the Network I had the same issues with the thing skipping forward randomly for the newer live show content. Somebody advised I change the resolution and it worked.

Buffering can still be a pain, mind.

I must say, I've had the Network since it launched (bar a couple of months at the end of 2014) and for the most part it's been the most unreliable streaming service I've ever used. Such a pain in the arse, at times.

• Paid Members

I didn't end up changing the resolution and watched WrestleMania in its entirety again- and no skipping at all. Weird. I did notice that they'd slightly edited a couple of bits, like Stephanie muddling her words at one point talking in the ring and the mis-timing of Brock's pyro.

When did they start showing adverts before stuff starts playing? I've started three different events tonight and had an advert for some toy thing before two of them, never noticed it before tonight

They sent this email on 13 October 2014:

Dear WWE Network Subscriber,

Today WWE Network will begin to run limited video advertisements.

Here's what you can expect:

• No commercial breaks during scheduled programming

• Limited advertising between shows

• Occasional advertising before our video-on-demand content

If you have any questions regarding your subscription, please visit wwe.com/help. Thank you for being a WWE Network subscriber.

WWE Network Support

I've only had a handful over the last few months. I usually get one for Hulu and some other one which I can't remember off top of my head.

When they started, people did the usual take to twitter to moan about them, which is fucking stupid. They are 30 second ads which is extra revenue for WWE. God forbid that someone has to wait half a minute before they rewatch their precious attitude era PPVs

I only noticed them yesterday, both were for some wwe toys, just wondered how long they'd been up for. They're hardly a problem, until they start advertising things I might want anyway and then i'm fucked

Shit, it's Thursday, I should be watching NXT in the kitchen with a spiced rum!