UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

I watch the Network on my Kindle but i'd quite like to watch Mania on the proper TV (it's not a smart TV or anything, just Sony Bravia from.. 7 years ago ish), trouble is we have Virgin Media and a Wii U, neither of which have the WWE app (last I checked) is there a way I can watch the Network via Wii U at all? I don't really want to buy a Roku box or owt because i'll only use it for Mania or the occasional big PPV. most of the time watching it on the  kindle screen is good enough for me (I can watch it washing up!) but, well, it's Wrestmania....

• Paid Members

Chromecast, it's about £20. You'll need to have the network open in chrome on your laptop and then cast it to your tv via Chromecast. Not sure whether it's any good, though. I think some have complained about the quality of casting the network from a chrome tab.

I have the latest Android (Lollipop) on my Nexus tablet and there is now a cast option for whatever is on the tablet screen (not just specific apps and chrome tabs), so I might try that. Sounds like it should work.

• Paid Members

I watch the Network on my Kindle but i'd quite like to watch Mania on the proper TV (it's not a smart TV or anything, just Sony Bravia from.. 7 years ago ish), trouble is we have Virgin Media and a Wii U, neither of which have the WWE app (last I checked) is there a way I can watch the Network via Wii U at all? I don't really want to buy a Roku box or owt because i'll only use it for Mania or the occasional big PPV. most of the time watching it on the kindle screen is good enough for me (I can watch it washing up!) but, well, it's Wrestmania....

Should just be a case of connecting your Kindle to the TV with an HDMI-to-Micro USB cable. This should help:

http://www.wikihow.com/Hook-Up-Kindle-Fire-to-a-TV

Should just be a case of connecting your Kindle to the TV with an HDMI-to-Micro USB cable. This should help:

aaaah, I see.... it's a Kindle Fire HDX I have so i'll need a Miracast device (?) I've googled that before but never found the HDX info. Thank you, amazon / ebay  here I come!

Edited by Harry Wiseau

anyone having any problems watching yesterdays episode of NXT? Whenever I try to play it I just get taken back to the screen you choose to Watch / Add to Watchlist page. Everything else seems to play fine though. 

<EDIT> Scrap that it plays fine now. 

Edited by benbobjr

aaaah, I see.... it's a Kindle Fire HDX I have so i'll need a Miracast device (?) I've googled that before but never found the HDX info. Thank you, amazon / ebay  here I come!

Sorry if I'm too late here, but I hooked my kindle up to the TV this way and the WWE network wouldn't allow playback when connected to the TV. I have no idea how it knew it was connected to the TV but once I unplugged it the kindle from the TV, it played fine again. Annoying.

I use the chromecast now and 8 times out of 10 it plays absolutly fine through chromecast. I just wish the WWE App would support chromecast option like netflix/youtube does because at the minute i have to turn the Mac on and cast from there to the TV. My chromebook laptop won't open the network web page at all. It's to do with the Chromebooks operating system.

so a Miracast wont work, right, thank you. and with a chromecast i'd need to "cast" it (whatever that means) from my laptop? I doubt my laptop would be up to that, its temperamental when streaming things. so a Roku box then I guess? that works with the Network, right? it's that or watching on the kindle, alone in the kitchen, eating a block of cheese.

a block of cheese sounds tempting. I know what you mean when you say you want the TV experience for Mania but would just playing it on your laptop sat on the sofa not be a better option than the kindle? Just bring the cheese with you haha. I suppose you did say it's temperamental.

The term 'Cast' is simply the buzz phrase Google use when you copy your laptop screen over to your TV. Once it's all set up a button appears next to your URL bit at the top. It actually copies a browser tab rather than the whole screen which is neat as I can be in the kitchen and cast netflix into the living room TV and it sends that tab's video and audio to the tele, but in another tab I can listen to Radio and the audio comes out of the laptop speakers. I thought I'd only use it for the Network but now, rather than use console apps or hard wire connections, we watch Netflix, Youtube, BBC, WWE, Spotify, all through the chromecast. For £30 it's completely changed my home set-up for the better.

I don't know what a Roku is, so I couldn't tell you about that though mate. found a couple of youtube video's explaining it better than i ever could. Hope it helps.

- Some random tech guy reviewing the Roku and WWE App 

- Nikki & Brie telling you how the Roku works :-) Edited by Slapnuts

I don't think I trust the laptop to not suddenly go doolally at any point enough to risk the chromecast

i can't watch with the sound on as i'm at work, but it looks piss easy, and I think they've talked me into it getting a Roku.

Cheers!

Hang on, if I take the cheese into the living room then er indoors will want some, and the boy... my secret cheese binges will be uncovered! disaster!

Edited by Harry Wiseau

• Paid Members

A Roku is like a TV/satellite/cable box, but rather than receiving channels and on-demand services over the airwaves or cable, it gets them through an internet connection.

Hang on, if I take the cheese into the living room then er indoors will want some, and the boy... my secret cheese binges will be uncovered! disaster!

Yeah, you've got to handle that situation Caerphilly...

Yeah, you've got to handle that situation Caerphilly...

Well being all secretive won't make things feta!!