Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

Been making my way through the HOF events. 2004 is by far the best, it's probably the most raw Hall of Fame before they became an actual event. It's been said many times before, but Bobby Heenan's induction (pretty much his last stand) will probably never be topped for an induction speech. It has everything, genuine warmth, history, anecdotes, comedy, a rant and then a complete heart breaker at the end. It's amazing viewing watching him control a room.

Edited by WWFChilli

The missing episodes of RAW from 1996 are now up on the network , the only exception being #179 which I'm sure will go up soon enough once what edits need to be made have been done.

The latest addition to Beyond The Ring is 'Greatest Wrestling Factions' which was released last May

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Decided to try watching all pay per views that I've missed chronologically. Possibly all Saturday Night's Main Events and Clash of the Champions too if I can be bothered. Started with Starcade 1983. Looks dated but that's because it's from 1983. The quality of wrestling was overall probably better than anything the WWF were doing at the time. Ric Flair vs Harley Race in a cage for the Title was very good. A LOT of blading seemed to happen in NWA which I think added to the realism of the product (screw you TV PG!).

On a side note, maybe a timeline list that shows all network content in chronological order would be a good idea? Just a thought...

The missing episodes of RAW from 1996 are now up on the network , the only exception being #179 which I'm sure will go up soon enough once what edits need to be made have been done.

The latest addition to Beyond The Ring is 'Greatest Wrestling Factions' which was released last May

Noticed episode #141 still isn't on the Network as of yet, hopefully by they get to end of 1996 they will add another block of Nitros.

On a side note, maybe a timeline list that shows all network content in chronological order would be a good idea? Just a thought...

There is a chornological list of content on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/wiki/wwe_network_shows_chron

There are also lists categorised by talent, match type, and chronological order by promotion here: http://www.reddit.com/r/squaredcircle/wiki/network

Noticed episode #141 still isn't on the Network as of yet, hopefully by they get to end of 1996 they will add another block of Nitros.
#141 was the RAW bowl, which might be on there because it was downright awful and featured a absolute tonne of product placement etc.. By the time they edit out what they wouldn't have to pay for, there would barely be an episode left.

Also, the missing episode is #178, not #-79 like I said yesterday

Edited by WyattSheepMask

#141 was the RAW bowl, which might be on there because it was downright awful and featured a absolute tonne of product placement etc.. By the time they edit out what they wouldn't have to pay for, there would barely be an episode left.

Also, the missing episode is #178, not #-79 like I said yesterday

Ah the RAW Bowl, think that was one of the very first episodes shown on SKY on a Friday Night wasnt it? I remember loving it at the time, but after seeing it again fairly recently it wasn't good.

• Paid Members
Ah the RAW Bowl, think that was one of the very first episodes shown on SKY on a Friday Night wasnt it? I remember loving it at the time, but after seeing it again fairly recently it wasn't good.

Can't remember if it had moved to Friday by then, but I definitely remember it being teatime. I think the Raw Bowl episode might have been about time I stopped watching Raw because I thought I was getting too "into" wrestling and thought maybe I should stop. But I started again two Mondays after Mania 12. Fickle youth.

There is a chornological list of content on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/wiki/wwe_network_shows_chron

There are also lists categorised by talent, match type, and chronological order by promotion here: http://www.reddit.com/r/squaredcircle/wiki/network

Thanks. That'll come in handy.

I signed up to the network almost entirely for NXT and the new PPV's aspects of it as I'm not one for watching old shows and PPV's. But having said that, I'm loving the 'Wrestlemania Rewinds' more than I thought I would. I tend to catch them on the live channel otherwise i'll sit there for an hour trying to decide which one to watch!

The same format but for all 4 big PPV's would be awesome. 'Summerslam rewind' and so on and so on.

• Moderators

I'm finally on board!

I've signed up to the Network. I signed up because I need it to be able to watch Mania this year, so I thought I may as well get it a little early and get back into wrestling a bit before the big show. Normally Rumble does enough to hook me back into Raw for 3 months but it didn't this year. So watching old crap on the Network, select matches from various recent PPVs, and NXT will have to do it instead.

Looking to binge a bit, so will try to flick through this thread. But I'm lazy to trawl through it properly, so fresh recommendations will be totally welcome.

• Paid Members

So I watched Mania XIX the other day just for the My Way video. It occurred to me are any of the My Sacrifice music vids on the network? It occurs to me they should resurrect that kind of thing as bumpers for the network. There are very few things that hyped me like those videos. Wouldn't be a bad idea for a Countdown episode either. Best promo packages.