Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

It's not the end of the world but it does involve some planning and lining a few things up in advance on the home page as I have done for 1992 stuff at the moment so that PPV's, SNME and all those Bret/Shawn matches from the collection can be viewed in order.

• Paid Members

Fixing the search function is right at the top of mine. It seems like it hasn't been updated since day one - searching for specific matches, or for wrestlers that I know have matches on the Network and getting no results is infuriating. Just off the top of my head, I was looking for the William Regal vs. Cesaro match from NXT, and it didn't come up in searching for either man's name, so had to Google what episode of NXT it occurred on and find that instead.

• Paid Members

How do they fix that without going through every video and adding loads of additional key words and phrases? It sounds like a twat of a long job, that they should have got right at the beginning.

It’s like my employers website, the course search function is the worst. In multiple cases it won’t find the course you’re looking for by typing the name or subject, only by typing in part of the qualification, and even then only sometimes. They’re on there, but you can’t find the fuckers.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

How do they fix that without going through every video and adding loads of additional key words and phrases? It sounds like a twat of a long job, that they should have got right at the beginning.

I'm sure it is a twat of a job, as it would involve adding metadata to every video, and adding start/end points for every match, but surely it's an essential job if you're going to run an OnDemand service?

Saying that, I just searched for "William Regal Cesaro" on the website, and the match came up - so it may just be that it's fucked on the PS4 app, but not on the website?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Saying that, I just searched for "William Regal Cesaro" on the website, and the match came up - so it may just be that it's fucked on the PS4 app, but not on the website?

That’s interesting, and not the first time that the PS4 app has been brought up regarding how crap the search function is.

I’ve never used the app on anything other that the PS4, is the layout much different at all on a PC?

I actually I’m lying I used it once when I first got it, using safari on a Mac. They didn’t like each other at all, so have used ps3/4 ever since.

I use it mainly on Android TV and also via my Win10 laptop. Both have start/finish markers for matches on most shows. Sometimes the odd obscure shows may be without them but generally 99% spot on. 

Haven't seen PS4 layout so can't vouch on how different it is but both PC/AndroidTV apps are very user friendly.

• Paid Members

I use the Network on the fire stick, or else the app on my phone and cast it across using Chromecast, and it really isn't a great app, despite the amazing content. The search function is absolutely diabolical, and the text size for the descriptions are almost unreadable if you're not sitting on top of the TV. I'd certainly be behind slowing down on the upload of content if it meant spending time working on the links of the apps on the various platforms that are available. 

One thing I'll say for the app though is that it isn't the UFC Fight Pass app. WWE Network is light years ahead of that. The amount of jumping, skipping and freezing, or frozen shots while the sound continues, on fight pass is shocking. I have to say I have had virtually no streaming issues, pretty much ever, with the WWE Network, they have that bit down pat, in my experience at least. 

The press release said "ticket and broadcast information will be available soon", so good chance it will be.  With that and the rumours of this Australian show being on the Network, maybe they've re-realised that not everything has to be from America or Canada and doesn't have to air at 8pm Eastern Time.