Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Awards Moderator

They've started putting "finish of x vs y" instead of "x pins y after an atomic drop" on the chapter selection bit, that is a good thing.

All those people searching for atomic drops are going to be pissed.

• Paid Members

Can you link me to those playlists please?

1979:

1980:

1981:

1982:

There's a great Flair/Lawler match in here somewhere.

1983:

This one isn't complete, but the guy who uploaded the last 3 years is in the process of uploading 1983's shows in full, so it may be worth subscribing to his channel.

1984:

1985:

1986:

These are in reverse order.

1987:

likewise with these.

1988:

and again

1989:

That's through Memphis wrestling and the CWA. If I have a hunt I can probably find some USWA stuff on there as well.

You're a fucking legend you son.

Having missed a lot of wrestling, I'm watching the odd event.  Started with the first In Your House which I really liked, going to watch the rest in sequence.  Then I watched Bash At The Beach 2001 (I think, the one where Hogan 'beat' Jarrett with Vinny Ru going silly)  Fucking hell, what the hell was that all about?  One plus from that though was I really enjoyed the Juvi v Chavo (was it Lt Loco?) match with the exception of their mates coming down wearing masks, that was stupid.

Then I watched Bash At The Beach 2000 (I think, the one where Hogan 'beat' Jarrett with Vinny Ru going silly) Fucking hell, what the hell was that all about? .

Depends who you want to believe. It's been told before how on the day of the show Hogan played his creative control clause and had the finish changed as he wasn't going to put Jarrett over.

On the flip side of that, in one interview (I forget where I heard it, I want to say it was on an episode of Austin's podcast) Russo claimed that Hogsn, Jarrett and himself concocted the whole 'Jarrett laying down' part to work the internet fans dirt sheets etc. he then claimed that Hogan attempted to sue him for character defamation when Russo went out later in the show for his shoot promo, as Hogan had agreed to the first part but had no idea that Russo was going to do the shoot promo...

"...and that's the god honest truth, bro"

Like I say, it depends who you want to believe, and there have been other versions told over the years. I'm more inclined to believe Russo than I am Hogan, but I still wouldn't take it as gospel

When i watch the attitude era raw's and compare the noise level and passion of the crowds compared to the current product it makes me realise how lucky i was to grow up in the mid to late 90's :thumbsup:.

I definitely agree about the crowd reaction but if you compare that to the late 80s NWA.... every decade seems to have a decrease in reaction generally. 

From an in ring perspective though some of that era was the pits. 

The matches from top to bottom in the attitude era had wrestlers who were 'over' to varying extents, but probably the most important factor is they all had storylines that were slowly built up and had credibility to them.

A lot of talent in the current product just get randomly thrown into matches against each other and the fans have no real reason to invest in it.

Edited by BOOKER T-axi

• Paid Members

Can someone explain to me how WCW works on the network? Like, there's the World Championship Wrestling show from the 80s. Is that the earliest stuff? And is that JCP? And is that the main weekly show in conjunction with the PPVs?

Can someone explain to me how WCW works on the network? Like, there's the World Championship Wrestling show from the 80s. Is that the earliest stuff? And is that JCP? And is that the main weekly show in conjunction with the PPVs?

Honestly, I've tried reading up about the history of WCW quite a few times and I'm none the wiser.  I have no idea what the difference is between, WCW, JCP, GCW, NWA etc.