Mae Young now dead (for real)

PowerButchi

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There's a great Mae Young story in Hardcore Holly's book. He's supposed to give her a clothesline one night and Holly was nervous as hell that he'd hurt Mae. Mae told him to lay it in strong but Holly said "Mae, you don't understand, when I'm out there I lay it in hard" and Mae looks him dead in the ey and says "if you don't clothesline me hard out there I'm gonna' kick your ass". Holly decides to go with it and clotheslines Mae Young so hard she does a fucking backflip! When they get to the back Holly goes over to check she's okay and Mae just smiled, slapped him on the chest and said "now that's how you throw a fucking clothesline!"

• Paid Members

So according to Mike Mooneyham (who most people have quoted as the source of her dying) She is still alive

"Mae Young has not passed away. The source who reported her passing received incorrect information. Mae is gravely ill, but still alive."

Twitter Link

• Paid Members
Hasn't she wrestled in 8 or 9 decades?

Mae Young 1923 - 2014

Mae Young's in-ring career 1939 - 2010

In her later years, she did far more than she needed to, or really should have been expected to do. From the Bubba-bomb through the table, to having Ivory dropkick her off the apron, she said no to nothing.

[EDIT] or she might not be dead yet. It looks like the comment about her being "taken off life support" has been interpreted as though that was the only thing keeping her alive.

There's a great Mae Young story in Hardcore Holly's book. He's supposed to give her a clothesline one night and Holly was nervous as hell that he'd hurt Mae. Mae told him to lay it in strong but Holly said "Mae, you don't understand, when I'm out there I lay it in hard" and Mae looks him dead in the ey and says "if you don't clothesline me hard out there I'm gonna' kick your ass". Holly decides to go with it and clotheslines Mae Young so hard she does a fucking backflip! When they get to the back Holly goes over to check she's okay and Mae just smiled, slapped him on the chest and said "now that's how you throw a fucking clothesline!"

I love the story Val Venis tells on his Timeline about her stuffing her pants full of pilchards before she gave Eric Bischoff a bronco buster on Raw one night.

Fucking legend!

Sending Mae Young all the positive vibes I can right now. If anyone can kick deaths arse, it's Mae fucking Young!

• Paid Members

I think that is possibly the greatest wrestling story ever told.

• Paid Members
Hasn't she wrestled in 8 or 9 decades?

In her later years, she did far more than she needed to, or really should have been expected to do. From the Bubba-bomb through the table, to having Ivory dropkick her off the apron, she said no to nothing.

Spot was really vicious, probably worse than the "Bubba Bomb".

She went splat on the concrete floor. Literally heard a splat. Face first.

She was one of the very few legends left that never failed to entertain me no matter what she did. She was something special and there will never be anyone else quite like Mae Young. Really sad news but considering her age and her condition, this will sound horrible but we all had to realise it was just a matter of time. :(

R.I.P Mae Young.

She's not dead yet, Dazman!

Really because if you check Twitter some are saying it's now confirmed. I really don't know what to believe at this point and don't actually trust anything other than WWE.com when it comes to things like this but as I did say, it will only be a matter of time if she hasn't already passed on unfortunately. :(

Archived