Mae Young now dead (for real)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Dammit, Henley - should've said something like "What kind of gorf uses the word spa?"

Terence & Philip - "I'm not your friend, buddy." "I'm not your buddy, pal." "I'm not your pal, friend."

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Apparently Mike Mooneyham was getting the story of Mae Young going on life support, then off life support, then dying, from somebody in her house. The problem is it's Moolah's old place, full of numerous old lady wrestlers now well into their later decades, and whoever he was speaking to was spectacularly confused about what was going on.

WWE just posted the following tribute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRrUPF1uGvM

Sad news indeed.

Well that video gave me the feels.

Mae Young was a person who you could tell loved the business and wanted to always be there. Her promos and cameos were always a highlight, no matter how good or bad they were. I always looked forward to seeing a Mae Young clip, like her appearance at wrestlemania with the rock. Heck she'd do anything. Being powerbombed into a table? Yup, she'd want it, slam her down to the mat hard? yup, you better treat like a normal wrestler and slam her hard onto the mat. Its sad to see her pass away but she will be a great icon for people to remember how the old timers loved this job called professional wrestling. RIP Mae

At the risk of sounding insensitive does anyone know what kinda time she passed? I had her as one of my picks in a death pool thing a mate organises but it only started as of midnight last night so unless I can prove it was after 00.00 GMT I'm gonna miss out on some points.

Archived