Mae Young now dead (for real)

PowerButchi

At the risk of sounding insensitive does anyone know what kinda time she passed? I had her as one of my picks in a death pool thing a mate organises but it only started as of midnight last night so unless I can prove it was after 00.00 GMT I'm gonna miss out on some points.

Seriously??

You should be deducted points for selecting Mae Young when it was obvious she wasn't going to be around much longer in this world

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
At the risk of sounding insensitive does anyone know what kinda time she passed? I had her as one of my picks in a death pool thing a mate organises but it only started as of midnight last night so unless I can prove it was after 00.00 GMT I'm gonna miss out on some points.

23:59.

Was she in a nursing home of some sort? Just regards that bit about Mike Mooneyham above.

RIP Mae Young.

• Paid Members

:/

• Paid Members

Sorry for your loss. Twat.

Nah, no trolling and certainly no petulance, though I was possibly being a bit of a dick with my second comment. I maybe misjudged how precious people might get so apologies for any additional distress I may have caused. Perhaps I'm just cold-hearted.

FWIW (and I know people are interested) it has been decided that, as the first reports seem to have been published at about 01.00, the points will be given.

Amazing innings from Mae, 91 is a hell of an age to reach, must be near 150 in 'wrestler' years.

Agree with others that some of the bumps back in her 'Indian summer' of 1999-2000 were crazy for someone of her age, in the Ivory vs Moolah match alone there must be 3 or 4 where you're left impressed and worried at the same time.

Archived