The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

Cheers guys. 1:53 in the dog suit. Very pleased considering I was wearing what was basically an electric blanket on my bonce. Think I may well do next year sans dumb outfit and get under 1:40. Although I did it for charity in the outfit

• 2 weeks later...

Got a CT scan on Wednesday to see what is festering in my lung.  Still in immense pain and signed off work, which is a downer as I'm a temp and don't get sick pay.  Work called me on Friday to see how I was getting on and said they support me 100% and hope to see me soon.

They called today and sacked me.

I've been doing Slimming World for about 6 months now and I finally got my 2st certificate last night. I'm so pleased! I've been hovering for ages and I lost 4lbs this week knocking me just over. I've now lost 6st in total from when I was at my heaviest 8 years ago when I generally wore men's clothes and was a 52" waist (size 28 ladies) and now I'm wearing size 16 jeans.

Just wanted to share

Well done! I lost 9st with slimming World a few years ago, i'm just saving up to become a Slimming World consultant. Great work ! Keep it up!

• Paid Members

They're not *too* worried but I have a lot of moles so they're just checking this one as it's a different colour and shape to the others. I had one on the back of my knee lopped off and a biopsy on a shoulder one. It's just a precaution but still...

Good luck for tomorrow too. Hope they get something for you soon x

Edited by Monkee

Just began a membership at the gym. £25 for usage of the gym and swimming facilities for a month, which to me sounds like a decent offer. Just looking for some general advice in terms of where to begin recently. I went to the gym a couple of years back with the mindset of "eating loads of shit counts as bulking intake and bench pressing 3 times a week will get you ripped!!!" and consequently just ended up getting a stomach on me. I'm mainly looking at just losing the fat on my body and trying to tone it into some sort of muscle. Are there any routines/diets people wouldn't mind pointing me in the direction of? Would be much appreciated!

CavemanLynn is spot on. I had been doing it the other way round and seeing small progress, mainly cos by the time I'd finish cardio work, my body would be fucked for weights. Swapped over after doing some digging online and in past 4 weeks I've dropped 22lbs.

If there's an Xercise 4 Less near you, they've got an offer on til 10pm tonight on their site if you use the promo code "NOW", you get first month free (barring an admin fee of £15-20 I believe) then each following month is £9.99. Only negative is a lack of pool, but I end up using my local pool for a couple of quid a pop once a week so it counters that for me.