UFC 168: Weidman vs Silva 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turns out it was Serra who said "Fuck 'em" about Anderson, though he said he wasn't aware of his broken leg when he said it.

Poor excuse and poor taste from the usually great Serra.

Serra's a fat wee knob. This image captures one of my favourite moments in MMA history;

2430278431_b850b0df49.jpg

I'd love to see the wee twat cut 50 lbs and face Anderson at 185 upon his return.

Turns out it was Serra who said "Fuck 'em" about Anderson, though he said he wasn't aware of his broken leg when he said it.

Poor excuse and poor taste from the usually great Serra.

Serra's a fat wee knob. This image captures one of my favourite moments in MMA history;

2430278431_b850b0df49.jpg

I'd love to see the wee twat cut 50 lbs and face Anderson at 185 upon his return.

I loved that, those knee's were brutal!

• Paid Members

Don't think it's been mentioned here, but it appears the PPV did ludicrously well. Several indicators (satellite buys, early cable numbers) suggesting double the last St Pierre fight, meaning something like 1.2 million buys, and talk it could be the second biggest figure in UFC history.

• Paid Members
Don't think it's been mentioned here, but it appears the PPV did ludicrously well. Several indicators (satellite buys, early cable numbers) suggesting double the last St Pierre fight, meaning something like 1.2 million buys, and talk it could be the second biggest figure in UFC history.

Really? I have to admit that I'm extremely surprised by that figure. My guess before the event was around the 900k figure.

They may as well enjoy it while it lasts I guess. I can't see them hitting those numbers again any time soon.

• Paid Members

If that figure ends up being right and 168 does around 1.2 million, that's an amazing result.

When you take into account they raised the PPV price, canceled Primetime for this, and the time of year, it's quite exceptional. So to think, as great as it sounds like this did, it could've possibly done even better. Imagine if my initial proposed card of...

Weidman vs Silva 2

Rousey vs Tate 2

Sonnen vs Wanderlei

McGregor vs Brandao

...had come off? Then if they'd gone through with the Primetime as well? I really think that would have got very close to UFC 100's 1.6 mil or whatever it was.

I would've guessed around 900K tops as well to be honest.

• Paid Members
Then if they'd gone through with the Primetime as well? I really think that would have got very close to UFC 100's 1.6 mil or whatever it was.

Not many people watch Primetime, though. It's one of the reasons the UFC have shelved it. Best spending the money on some advertising with some proper visibility.

• Paid Members
Then if they'd gone through with the Primetime as well? I really think that would have got very close to UFC 100's 1.6 mil or whatever it was.

Not many people watch Primetime, though. It's one of the reasons the UFC have shelved it. Best spending the money on some advertising with some proper visibility.

Very true. From what I gathered from various messages on twitter, the event had endless amounts of primetime billboard slots around major cities across America.

• Paid Members

That number is amazing if true. I expected something around 800,000, especially considering how poorly the previous couple of shows had done.

As for why it ended up doing so well, I think it's the perfect combination of a couple of things. Going with a double main event is a big one. As the show drew near, the fact that there were two huge matches that I couldn't wait for definitely made it feel bigger and more exciting than the usual pay per view. Also, for all the cries of Rousey's behaviour during TUF somehow, "costing," or, "exposing," her; I think everone can now admit that it did nothing but further build their fight and make her an even bigger star than she was last February. Seriously, I know I've mentioned it earlier in this thread, but the way the Tate vs. Rousey dynamic clicked with my girlfriend was ridiculous. Come Sunday morning it was her who was waking me up to download the show so that we could watch it without seeing spoilers on Facebook or Twitter. Doing a show during that dead zone between Christmas and New Year was a masterstroke, too. Also, again, I've no idea how many people watched it, but that restrospective of the first Silva vs. Weidman fight is legtimately one of the best things they've ever done. Should they have any other rematches in the future then they should definitely do it again. It got me far more excited than Prime Time usually does, and I imagine at a fraction of the price.

But yeah, it's great to hear that this show was so successful. It's good to know that with the right set of circumstances the UFC can still hit it out of the park.

I'm extremely interested to see how Rousey does on her own now. 500,000, maybe?

I think those 13 weeks of TUF served this show very well. It's another example of a simple Grudge match hooking the fans and the casual audience. WWE writers should take note. It's really is that simple to book an effective grudge without trying to be cleaver!

• Paid Members

Who knows how Rousey would do on her own? I don't think we can use it as how 170 will perform, but any idea what numbers her fight with Carmouche did?

I think the marketing for the Rousey/Mcmann could be pretty bloody good actually. It won't get the bad blood treatment, but two Olympic medalists, both of whom are undefeated, going at it should be pretty special. I actually think this will be Rousey's toughest challenge yet.

I'm actually quite surprised by Mcmann's lay off too. I actually saw her fight in person at UFC 159 in New Jersey in April and whilst the fight was boring, she was utterly dominant with her wrestling on another level.

Judo vs Wrestling, which skill will come out on top?

Archived