Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

I’ve spent all day thinking about when Paige referred to Samoa Joe as, “Samoa,” as if that was his first name. Hilarious.

I also loved Paige referring to Joe’s trespassing as the most dastardly crime in WWE history. As if! It’s quite a fun game trying to think of what truly is the most dastardly crime in their history. Here are the ones I came up with.

Kane setting fire to JR.

Triple H conspiring to have Stone Cold hit with a car.

Stone Cold tipping Triple H’s car over whilst he’s in it, about fifty feet in the air, effectively killing him.

Hogan smashing his truck into The Rock’s ambulance. 

Undertaker kidnapping Stephanie.

Undertaker murdering Paul Bearer by burying him in cement.

Hanging Big Bossman from the Cell.

Any others people can think of?

AJ’s promo was really good. Much better than last week.

I love the Rusev/Aiden/Lana stuff. It’s such daft fun. It seems obvious the footage is going to eventually be released where, “I want you...” leads to something innocuous like, “to buy Rusev a cake,” but I’m hoping for a swerve and it’s something like, “to finger my arsehole.” Aiden has been too good in this for them to not somehow capitalise. I really hope they don’t wrap it up and just send him to Main Event. They could string a proper love triangle out for months. Maybe Lana sides with Aiden but then over time realises her mistake and the hook is whether she’ll go back to Rusev and whether he’ll forgive her. Big Wrestlemania moment when they embrace, or something. If anyone has the chops to make this work, it’s Rusev. That face he pulled when the footage cut off was fantastic. He’s one of the few people on the roster who genuinely makes me laugh. I’ve also seen a GIF of him from Mixed Match Challenge that looks hilarious. (Is it considered spoilers to discuss MMC? Does anyone even watch that show?!)

Nice of Daniel Bryan to show support for his wife by seemingly giving himself a concussion by fucking up the top rope headbutt. Why he’s even doing that move is beyond me. He seems super likeable, but he’s a moron when it comes to stuff like this. He’ll be retired again in no time, the way he’s going. Also, has he won a match since re-signing with this company? It’s reaching a point where even if he beats Miz on Saturday and goes on to win the Title, the damage will still have been done. He shouldn’t be losing to Shelton fucking Benjamin. One day, I think he’s going to regret sticking around.

Becky Lynch playing Conor McGregor is a proper main event act. That poster reveal was brilliant. Eventually, they’re going to have to position her as a babyface. They’d be stupid not to. She’d be huge. Plus, those leather trousers she wears. How could you possibly boo her?!

Smackers continues to be a great watch every week. I’d love to know what changed.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’ve spent all day thinking about when Paige referred to Samoa Joe as, “Samoa,” as if that was his first name.

Fucking hell, that's tremendous. Definitely going to watch it now.

Bryan really should have gone away for a few years and had those indie dream matches on a reduced schedule where he felt big time.  How they have managed to bugger him up is beyond me. I guess he had to stick around due to the Bella's stuff.

44 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Bryan really should have gone away for a few years and had those indie dream matches on a reduced schedule where he felt big time.  How they have managed to bugger him up is beyond me. I guess he had to stick around due to the Bella's stuff.

Yeah, selfishly I am massively disappointed he re-signed but he's obviously done what he feels is best for himself and his family.
He really has become 'just another guy' though, hasn't he?

I know that's essentially what WWE is these days but it's really sad. 

Also, why does nobody seemingly say 'No' to things these days?
Roman being booked to look like an absolute tit, Bryan losing to Shelton fucking Benjamin.... has there ever been a time in history where supposed 'top guys' have allowed themselves to be completely devalued? I know 'It's a different business now' but, seriously, whats the worst that would happen if Bryan went 'Nope. I'm not losing to Shelton Benjamin and there is no way I should be repeatedly losing to The Miz after everything that as happened between us'? He gets fired? Great. Go earn fuckloads on the indies!

I just don't get it. 

I think a lot of them don't have that fire to stand up for it. Roman especially should not have been losing as much as he was last year. You could never see Austin or Cena at their peak allowing to show that much arse.

Maybe they're just a totally different breed these days bar 1 or 2 exceptions.

23 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I think a lot of them don't have that fire to stand up for it. Roman especially should not have been losing as much as he was last year. You could never see Austin or Cena at their peak allowing to show that much arse.

Maybe they're just a totally different breed these days bar 1 or 2 exceptions.

Jericho said on his podcast that, essentially, 'It's a different business now and you just do what Vince tells you'.
I know there's no competition anymore and, as you say, they are probably just happy making the money they are making and will go along for the sake of it but it just grinds my gears that these supposed top guys are not going 'No, I'm not doing that' for things that, unless they are complete idiots, they know will make them look weak.

Becky was top quality again this week, very assured/natural on the mic. Video package was great too, but it made Charlotte look like a proper heel. Same when she ran out angry at Becky for pretty much telling the truth in her promo. Great stuff though.

Bryan is indeed just another wrestler now, everything about his return has been dull. His promos, his gear, his t-shirt, his dullard of a wife. He shouldn't even be having TV matches regularly, let alone wrestling AND losing to a valueless clod like Shelton Benjamin.

Fairly disappointing show this week for me. The end was great though. Charlotte is just another level when she plays heel/tweener or whatever you would call her right now. In terms of unambiguous 'shades of grey' booking this feud has played out really well. 

What happened to Sanity? Are they Main Event fodder now? I don't miss them.

• Paid Members

Just to further cement that Becky Lynch is the greatest accidental babyface in forever. Stolen from the F4WOnline BOARD, where someone stole it from reddit:

Becky Lynch said that the My Sacrifice videos were always in her head during her struggles in NXT and how much she loved watching them. So I decided to make her own version. I sent it to Becky and she said it gave her Tears and she said how unbelievable it was. 2 days later she messages me again to say she watched it again and to thank me. So I decided if she loved it that much Id share it with more people. Hope you enjoy it !

I also read reports today that they didn't want Becky cutting promos for the longest time because they didn't think people would understand her with her accent. How amazing, considering she might genuinely be the best promo in the company at present.

But yeah, imagine if they capitalised on this. She could be as big as they pretend their women's evolution is.

Archived