The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I haven't watched anything else from the show but the first thing I did this morning was watch the Goldberg segment. He pisses star quality doesn't he. What an amazing segment. When Cole announced him I did have a feeling he'd spear him for no reason, like Austin stunnering all and sundry for no reason but I'm glad he didn't. Such an intense promo, I hope he sticks around for more than one match.

Also- HE CAME OUT TO THE PROPER MUSIC!!!!! He left to the shitty WWE version but I kinda liked them using one version for the entrance and one for the exit.

Cracking Promo from Goldberg. I never really knew his WCW stuff because I wasnt following wrestling at the time and only really followed his WWE career. However that was mint, had a touch of the Warrior Promo about it in terms of back see family but the difference is that we get to see Goldberg go. I shall see out the match, deffo one of the most believable and 'real' promos for a long time and as far as I know, Goldberg was never a master on the stick., so this came as a great surprise this morning :) 

This shows how much a crowd can help make someone. If the arena was full of some of the shit fans were used to seeing, then Goldberg would have been drowned out by boos and chants for Zack Ryder or Cesaro and he would come off as nothing. This crowd, and Goldberg's incredible promo, made him seem like a massive superstar. Enormous star.

Shows the shitty roster up for being a bunch of losers that are more concerned with making cool jokes and doing flashy moves instead of selling a fight. Instantly become the biggest star in the company in one night.

• Paid Members

Shows the shitty roster up for being a bunch of losers that are more concerned with making cool jokes and doing flashy moves instead of selling a fight. Instantly become the biggest star in the company in one night.

The roster or the writers & road agents? How much autonomy do the wrestlers have over their promos & matches these days? I was under the impression it was all heavily controlled aside from the top handful of guys?

The roster or the writers & road agents? How much autonomy do the wrestlers have over their promos & matches these days? I was under the impression it was all heavily controlled aside from the top handful of guys?

Yeah me too. I can't imagine Goldberg's promo was that heavily scripted. Maybe a few bullet points and important selling points yet I would imagine every single promo before was. 

Can't knock the new talent when they are so heavily scripted which doesn't allow for any organic creativity. Just completely stifling and unrealistic.

This shows how much a crowd can help make someone. If the arena was full of some of the shit fans were used to seeing, then Goldberg would have been drowned out by boos and chants for Zack Ryder or Cesaro and he would come off as nothing. This crowd, and Goldberg's incredible promo, made him seem like a massive superstar. Enormous star.

This for me is a great argument for WWE moving away from doing bigger angles in smart fan strongholds like Chicago and New York. That way you cut them off at the source and get the desired reaction instead of bellends chanting about title belts looking stupid and CM Punk instead of reacting to the show that's in front of them. Edited by The Hitman

• Paid Members

I had so many fears. Shit music, Shit fans, Goldberg looking too old, stuttering promo.

None of it materialised. The whole thing was just absolutely perfect!! Really hope he stays around for WM

Edited by Murtz

Oh man. I reckon Toronto could be a belter. I actually have faith in the Canadian crowd. They love legends and big bastards. Bust out all the tricks, loads of slams, have Heyman eat a spear. All inside 12 minutes.

Totally agree with the love for Goldberg. Amazing how a 49 year old can blow the current roster to pieces and ooze so much star power. We all used to dream of our indy stars with their fancy moves dominating the WWE but as others have said, and getting decent non smart mark crowds and true guys who can kick ass should be the way forward. Might not be possible in today's environment but here's hoping!

• Paid Members

I'm surprised so many expected Goldberg to flop. Goldberg always had that special something about him, but by 2016 standards he was always going to make everyone look like dorks. The man has genuine money making charisma, which nobody on Raw has because it's the show with no real stars. You just need to look at Seth Rollins and the Stretch Mark Kid go back and forth to see the contrast.