The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I wonder is today the first day in human history that not one person, on any forgotten digital outpost of civilisation, is complaining about The Higher Power (I refuse to call him Vince McMahon) holding down talented guys in favour of drones with a certain 'look'.

Fucking Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose, I tell ya. Ne'er a scruffier pair of champions you'll find.

Hopefully Big Dog wins it next week clean as a sheet via spear to restore status quo.

• Paid Members

I was half way through the main event when I saw a spoiler on Facebook so that kind of took me out of the match, but until that point, it was a fantastic main event. Maybe Rollins will stop laughing so much now.

EDIT: I think I may have said it before, but there's something about Owens that I just can't get on with. I really can't put my finger on it. Possibly it's the 'fans' that do it, cheering absolutely everything even though the guy is a despicable heel? Could be his look? Honestly can't say exactly, but at least this is fresh.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

I really hate to be the cynical asshole here, I know people are excited Owens is champ, but I can't help but be pissed off that the crowning moment for Kevin Owens was actually by re-anointing Triple H as the top act on the show.

It's still 2003 to me, dammit.

Almost feel bad agreeing here because Raw was really good and it was a genuinely shocking moment - but yeah, something about everyone kicking out of finishers but Triple H coming out and the Pedigree being death didn't sit right with 2003 me.

Willing to let it play out but there are clear signs about who will be the focus here.

I was half way through the main event when I saw a spoiler on Facebook so that kind of took me out of the match, but until that point, it was a fantastic main event. Maybe Rollins will stop laughing so much now.

Such a Fantastic Main Event that it had you browsing Facebook during it thus Ruining the result of the Match?

I do agree with your Owens assessment though and think its for similar reasons, The Crowd cheering him all the time despite being the Arch Enemy of Super Goody Sami Zayn is a bit off putting, The You deserve it chants as Raw went off Air as well, Yes he may deserve it but his job is for you to hate him.

Not sure why Steph kept mentioning about crowning the 1st ever Universal Champiion, At 1st I thought maybe a slip of the tongue during her promo in the ring but she said it again talking with Foley backstage, She was saying this despite them showing Balor winning the title, vacating it and having surgery last week throughout the show.

Another enjoybale Raw overall though and a cracking Main Event with a Genuine Surprise finish 

• Paid Members

I'm well happy for Owens, but it sort of sucks that such an outstanding new era main event was decided by two Triple H Pedigrees. Do we really need him in that position again, to be hand-picking his champion and coming out of it looking more of a man than everyone else in the match? If this is a return of his on-screen heel authority figure with yet another puppet champion angle then I could really do without that, but just maybe there's something else going on. I did think they had retired the Authority character so Triple H could focus on being a mega-babyface Internet Champion. If that was the case, him helping Owens to win the title makes some sort of sense, but not in story line terms and not in the manner it went down last night.

One thing is for sure, as much as I have enjoyed the shows since the brand split, the championships don't half feel like their values have plummeted. It's like there's one massive mid-card and no proper stars. What happened on Raw doesn't help that.

Agree with that, Arch. Having Balor win the title first match made the title less valuable in my eyes. To then have Owens as the champ after does it the same. We'll see where the story goes.

Triple H 'looking more or a man than everyone' - yeah, definitely. I bloody love Triple H, just not in an authority role. His Pedigree being the thing to beat them after everyone was kicking out of everything was a bit shit. I know he's fresh and they've taken a lot, but him looking more of a man than everyone is a good way to describe it.

• Paid Members

I wonder if they’ll give Owens new entrance music?

I enjoy the manly roar pop the first few bars of it always gets, but after that it’s quite a generic, shit theme that maybe Bart Gunn would have gotten had he battered Butterbean.

By all means, keep the “Channanana channananan” but get a little bit more creative following it.

He has them yellow armpits too. But I like him.

As a new belt, given up before First champion could defend it, last thing it needed was a finish like that. Owens could have been protected by one of them kicking out of pedigree then him hitting the pop up. Instead he's just a repeat of the Rollins run with HHH his master

Edited by Louch

I don't mind the Triple H thing as long as it's to do some stuff with babyface Seth without the baggage of an entire Authority angle. Surely they're not bringing that back. Surely.

Nobody does a betrayal better, either. It's hard not to look like the best man in the building when you're PEDIGREEING SOMEBODY IN A SUIT.

Suit pedigrees are like 4,000 times stronger.