The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I said a few weeks ago, the discussion is almost pointless because they just do not think like we do. With that said....

How seriously are they taking this issue? Doesn't seem to me like they care. if it was a real concern then Raw would be loaded each week with every star they have at their disposal. Wrestling or not, they'd have Triple H, Undertaker, Lesnar & Cena on TV. They either don't care about a short-term fix or they have no faith in any of that to be one.

Agree with whoever said they are booking week to week to. I don't see any semblance of a plan. Ending up with four teams of four two weeks after Survivor Series shows they've not thought about any of this. Also the fact that they've created a new heel stable while they've all got individual feuds going on and have no idea how to integrate the two. They're just chucking shit at a wall. Now if that is the case, they're really in trouble because nothing is sticking and it's not even entertaining shit they're throwing. It's predictable crap.

For all his faults, at least Vince Russo would try stuff while his ship sunk. He'd write twists and turns. He'd come up with things he thought people would tune in for, gimmick matches, turns, title switches. He was always wrong but he was trying. WWE are not trying. They are completely out of ideas and they're out of stars. They are fucked.

I'd turn Reigns and try to salvage his star potential. Put the title on him at TLC and then have him murder Ambrose and The Usos when they come out for the big celebration post-match. Don't align him with any faction or authority figure. Don't have him cutting Seth Rollins-esque dull as fuck promos every week. He doesn't need the fans and he doesn't need his former mates. Set up Reigns vs. Ambrose, Reigns vs. Lesnar and Reigns vs. Cena.

I know the problems run far deeper than just that, the mid-card is at a 20 year low, they ruined a vibrant tag title scene and the Divas revolution is the shittest revolution since that Shane Douglas stable. It'd be a start though. Something to get people talking and thinking about the product again.

• Paid Members

One thing one could definitely say about Russo (and we saw it in his TNA run before Hogan and Bischoff arrived) was that everyone on the roster had something to do that one could point to. Whilst his ideas were mostly shit, at least nobody was treading water - they were either going up or going down. 

I've never known such universal apathy towards WWE. I see no praise anywhere for their product. In fact, it's worse than that - people are outright slating it each week.

From what I understand, Vince is intent on making Roman Reigns their next star in 2016. At least when Cena was being pushed, you had a load of other stars on the roster while he was being built. Orton was still being primed as a future star and Batista was involved in that storyline with Evolution and Triple H. Now WWE have the entire spotlight on Reigns during their worst creative period in history, and they're expecting him to become a success. It's madness.

The run up to Wrestlemania was awful this year, saved only by a couple of standout matches. I've no idea how WWE are gonna build Reigns up between the Rumble and Wrestlemania next year but it's going to be painful to watch. Raw is the complete opposite of the saying, "If it's not broken don't fix it".

Edited by Undefeated Steak

More things, sorry about this....but this show has irked me something rotten.

Why, why are they taking the piss out of their own "stars", what is the meaning of this, the Adam Rose segment where he is bashing Neville and Dreamer etc, they fucking chose to reach out to Dreamer and bring him in hoping to give the Dudley/Wyatt feud a boost and they run him down and make little photoshop images of oompa loompa's or whatever, and draw big fucking ears on Neville. It isn't even like they are heels and Rose is a face trying to get over, WHAT IS THE POINT. To make vince laugh, does Kevin Dunn get a stiffy because if in real life he did this he'd get bashed up, this stuff along with Kofi breaking character the other week and laughing, it just all reeks of corporate inside jokes that are not funny in the slightest and worst of all the audience isn't in on. 

Last thing on this Raw.....What the hell was the Titus O'Neill thing about, warning Del Rio and helping him out, he is dressed as Santa and wishing happy holidays and then goes and helps Del Rio, was it a cock up, is he turning heel, what the fuck??

I've never known such universal apathy towards WWE. I see no praise anywhere for their product. In fact, it's worse than that - people are outright slating it each week.

From what I understand, Vince is intent on making Roman Reigns their next star in 2016. At least when Cena was being pushed, you had a load of other stars on the roster while he was being built. Orton was still being primed as a future star and Batista was involved in that storyline with Evolution and Triple H. Now WWE have the entire spotlight on Reigns during their worst creative period in history, and they're expecting him to become a success. It's madness.

The run up to Wrestlemania was awful this year, saved only by a couple of standout matches. I've no idea how WWE are gonna build Reigns up between the Rumble and Wrestlemania next year but it's going to be painful to watch. Raw is the complete opposite of the saying, "If it's not broken don't fix it".

I don't really blame them for being intent on making Roman Reigns their next star. There is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be. They just have no idea how to go about it and refused to accept that every other star, with the exception of Hogan, went heel in order to become the star.

Surely the Owens V Ambrose IC match at TLC will have some sort of gimmick added. You can't have these two wrestle on this kind of PPV in just a normal singles match.  Wouldn't be surprised if Rusev and Barrett have been dropped onto the kick off show while someone like Swagger gets a place on the actual PPV card.

They're gonna need Ambrose vs Owens to run on for a while and probably main event Raw. TLC might have a DQ/count-out finish to set up a Christmas cage match or something.

The Stardust/Titus stuff amuses me, which probably speaks for the quality of the rest of the show.

It's the best storyline they've got. The second best is Miz trying to make Neville the new Daniel Bryan. Zeb reuniting with Swagger against Del Rio could be fine, too. Those three things, plus Adam Rose's TMZ gimmick, are fine undercard stuff. Even the New Day three way feud is generally alright. So the pieces are in place down the card, it's just the top end being so boring that casts a shitty shadow on the unimportant stuff.

The midcard is so damaged and meaningless that it's relatively easy to turn it around -- just come up with a bunch of little stories and reduce the amount of TV time everyone gets and it looks like a massive improvement. But the show lives and dies on the main segments, and they're fucked on that front at the moment.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Anyone miss Randy Orton? I dont, but I was thinking this recently, has there ever been a big star during a dull period that people have given less of a toss about returning that Randy Orton? If he returned now, I imagine things would be much worse with him in storylines. Even seeing Earthquake return in 1994 was a bit of a pick me up.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay