The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I've given up on Raw without actually deciding to, only realised when I saw an ad for Extreme Rules I've not watched it since Wrestlemania, just always delete it from Sky plus the week after it's been on, suppose I should just take it off series link

Ironically I think it's getting the network that's put me off, watching old shows from when I was proper into wrestling has made me realise how shit I think current WWE is, might give it another go if it goes back to two hours, least I can get through it in about an hour then

Ive been meaning to get around to posting a near identicle post to this one.

The Network shout is spot on, all that awesome content + those Attitude Era Raws, u would be mad to spend any of ur wrestling time watching the latest Raw.

Ive came up with a totally paranoid theory that all the Attitude Era content that is getting put onto the Network is an attempt by WWE to phase all of us 25-45 year olds who just see the WWE as that girlfriend who is just not doing for you anymore but you stay with her anyway because you have been together for years, out of the current product. I had the network since Mania Sunday and since then ive watched about an hour of Raw, no Smackdown and even no NXT. I want Austin and his BMF walk and JR rippin the shit out of WCW. So WWE have already brainwashed me to reject the current product.

Dont do drugs kids.

Ps. Sorry about saying "current product" like a f*ckin' mark. It was either that or "real time WWE", which sounds stupid.

Edited by Fanny Pack

Why would a company actively try to phase a customer out??? 

Those 25-45 Year olds your talking about who are still watching, even if its just out of habit, Why would WWE want to try and get them to stop watching, it dosn't make any sense whatsoever.

It could be interesting if Rollins started using the Pedigree as a finisher as he is the Authority's champ (starting as a homage to the Triple H).

It could be a waying of building a bit of tension/cheek between them and would add an extra dimension in any match in the future over who can finish the other one off with the move

Why would a company actively try to phase a customer out???

Those 25-45 Year olds your talking about who are still watching, even if its just out of habit, Why would WWE want to try and get them to stop watching, it dosn't make any sense whatsoever.

Its an opinion in a forum dude, not a charge in a court of law.

Chill those beans, MVP RULZ.

Edited by Fanny Pack

I'd be down with that aslong as we get some video packages of Trips teaching him the move, have them down at NXT ordering the young boys to take Pedigrees or get fired.

Rollins is a super talented wrestler, I doubt he'd need to be taught how to do a pedigree. I could do a pedigree without anyone explaining it, pretty straightforward.

• Paid Members
Chill those beans, MVP RULZ.

Its an opinion in a forum dude, not a charge in a court of law.

He's asking a valid question. Trying to actively turn any demographic OFF the current product makes no sense.

I think I understand what you were saying but it's that by making so much older content available on the Network they can still prise subscriptions out of older, jaded fans if the current product isn't making them tune in to Raw every week. But that's different from trying to make those viewers switch off completely.

• Paid Members

Remember back in the dial-up days when downloading wrestling meant 5 second clips the one you'd see everywhere on p2p sites was that botched pedigree. Was it on a young jobber Jeff Hardy? I'd not seen it for years until I just searched.

Nah it was on Marty Garner.

From Wiki:

On May 28, 1996, Garner faced Hunter Hearst Helmsley during the taping of WWF Superstars. During the match, Helmsley went for his finisher, the Pedigree. It is reported that Garner, who had not taken the move before and assumed it was either a double underhook powerbomb or suplex, gave much more jump into the move and attempted to flip out of it while Helmsley went through the move as usual. This resulted in a very violent version of the move in which Garner landed directly on top of his head and suffered neck damage. This incident was captured on video and circulated throughout the Internet.[1] Despite the move being botched it was still broadcast on the Superstars show, and even featured as the WWF's Slam Of The Week.

Following this, Garner appeared on several daytime talk shows including Sally Jessy Raphael, Jenny Jones and, most notably, on Montel Williams in an episode about former "geeks" reuniting with past tormentors. Discussing the incident on the show, a clip of Garner's match against Helmsley, including the botched Pedigree, was also shown.

• Paid Members

Looks like it's from the same set of Superstars tapings they did after In Your House: Beware Of Dog when they had to re-do most of that event

Good spot! Not as though the North Charleston Coliseum is particularly distinctive. It's not like they were in Lowell. I miss them running Lowell because whenever the show would start, I would sit there and go "Oh look, they're in Lowell this week" and feel smart.

EDIT - now depressing myself reading about dark matches from 1996 Superstars tapings that would have made it to Coliseum tapes if "Coliseum Video exclusives" had stayed a thing.

How comes they had to redo it?

A power cut meant only the opener and main event aired. Probably a secret plot by Shawn and Hunter to make sure only they got over, I reckon.

Edited by air_raid

Looks like it's from the same set of Superstars tapings they did after In Your House: Beware Of Dog when they had to re-do most of that event

Good spot! Not as though the North Charleston Coliseum is particularly distinctive. It's not like they were in Lowell. I miss them running Lowell because whenever the show would start, I would sit there and go "Oh look, they're in Lowell this week" and feel smart.

Bet you'd impress a lot of people with that one.

• Paid Members

Not a bad show but not at all exciting. Very by the numbers stuff.

The King Of The Ring matches were surprisingly heatless. Truth/Stardust especially was Alaska in mid-winter. Neville/Harper was a little cracker but the rest were nowt to write home about. Hopefully Ambrose kicks the shit out of Ziggler for being a massive cunt and costing him the crown.

Payback main event sounds ace but getting there could have been an old Raw script they just regurgitated. I'm presuming that Cryptkeeper "gag" was scripted but Rollins delivered it appallingly. Enjoyed the Bieber and Catwoman zingers though.

Can barely remember anything else on the show even though I just watched it. Oh, Sandow is shit already. That's the best follow-up they could think of to the best run of his career? And does Raw look funny in fast-forward or did Adam Rose win a fucking match?

While Rollins/Reigns/Orton sounds good, it's hardly fresh. Rusev/Cena is a rematch. Looks like they're going with Sheamus/Ziggler again and New Day will faces endless rematches with Dull and Duller. Payback isn't looking like a must watch show at the moment. Wyatt/Ryback might be the only fresh match.