The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

That opening promo was fuck awful, and Cena just repeating BUCKET OF SHITE as the big conclusion was fucking madness. What were they going for with that, like?

I know Cesaro walloped Kofi all over the shop after it and thus might be prematurely shitting it since they could go for the angle of Cesaro fucking off Paul E. for not being of any benefit to him whatsoever, but someone as useless and on his arse position wise to just have Cesaro off like that clean was a bit worrying.

Khali/Sandow/Jericho/Miz/RVD/Sheamus/Uso's/Ziggler/Fandango can all fuck off. Utterly pointless.

Cannot be arsed with the Cena/Orton/Kane bollocks at all. Cena can and has had some of the best matches in WWE history and can be fucking exciting to watch, but not against those two bags of shit. Orton's about as interesting as a Poundland CD aisle and Kane main eventing and going for world titles in 2014 is demented. Going to be forwarding all of that foolishness until Lesnar comes back and hopefully challenges Cena for the title.

Enjoyed watching Reigns, even if he is interacting with that mess of shite. Liked Ambrose/Rollins and can't wait for the eventual feud ender. Paige/AJ wasn't bad. Wyatt's deserve someone more interesting than Jericho and the Uso's but obviously there's not much choice right now.

EDIT - Swagger/Rusev was great, but is Swagger still a survivalist head the ball?

Edited by Cannibal Man

That opening promo was fuck awful, and Cena just repeating BUCKET OF SHITE as the big conclusion was fucking madness. What were they going for with that, like?

I know Cesaro walloped Kofi all over the shop after it and thus might be prematurely shitting it since they could go for the angle of Cesaro fucking off Paul E. for not being of any benefit to him whatsoever, but someone as useless and on his arse position wise to just have Cesaro off like that clean was a bit worrying.

Khali/Sandow/Jericho/Miz/RVD/Sheamus/Uso's/Ziggler/Fandango can all fuck off. Utterly pointless.

Cannot be arsed with the Cena/Orton/Kane bollocks at all. Cena can and has had some of the best matches in WWE history and can be fucking exciting to watch, but not against those two bags of shit. Orton's about as interesting as a Poundland CD aisle and Kane main eventing and going for world titles in 2014 is demented. Going to be forwarding all of that foolishness until Lesnar comes back and hopefully challenges Cena for the title.

Enjoyed watching Reigns, even if he is interacting with that mess of shite. Liked Ambrose/Rollins and can't wait for the eventual feud ender. Paige/AJ wasn't bad. Wyatt's deserve someone more interesting than Jericho and the Uso's but obviously there's not much choice right now.

EDIT - Swagger/Rusev was great, but is Swagger still a survivalist head the ball?

I had a similar thought when watching the show today (with Sandow/Khali, Fandango/Ziggler, and Goldust/Cody vs. Ryback/Axel again). Half of those guys can have some good to very good matches, but it feels like we have seen them fight each other far too many times to really care when they are wrestling. WWE at the moment just has a really boring and stale mid-card.

It was a good Raw on the whole though with a couple of good returns from Jericho and AJ.

On the topic of Reigns, if he was fighting Orton at Battleground (and not in a 4-way) then I could see him fighting HHH at Summerslam. But I see Reign/Orton at Summerslam then Reigns/HHH at the next show.

The Swagger/Rusev face off was good, but only a month or so ago Swagger mixing it up with, and was losing in a couple of minutes to, Adam Rose. They really needed to build him up if anyone is meant to believe he has a shot against Rusev.

Good episode, as mentioned already Triple H and Stephanie were superb in that opening segment, don't know why they don't have Orton and Kane with them though when they come out for promo's, it'd make them seem more of a stable

Forwarded through Rybaxel as I pretty much always do, Kofi and Cesaro I also had no interest in, unlike Lana's cleavage, which gets better every week

Thought the Paige/AJ segment was good, as mentioned above it gives Paige a lot more depth and a proper storyline which she hasn't had yet, plus she's fit so hope it works out for her

Laughed at the dickheads in the crowd dressed as Warrior and Rollins, at least the Warrior one looked like he was having a laugh, the Rollins one just looked like a miserable twat, probably cried that the real Rollins didn't cash in

Genuinely bummed out about both Wade & Paige losing their titles.

Gutted for Wade - bad injury & gone for months, just when he was really getting over & you could tell that they were actually getting behind him.

Didn't like the way Paige dropped the title either. Didn't sit well with me, made it look like she was simply a placeholder champ whilst AJ had been gone. Paige deserves better than that.

• Paid Members

Great to see Rosita on TV. Thought TNA didn't get half out of her what they could have. Sure, she's quite bad in the ring, but she has a different kind of sexy and she has quite a personality on her. Hope WWE do something with her. Thought she was wasted as the valet for Hernandez and the fake Homicide bloke.

• Paid Members
What are people's thoughts as to why Paige hasn't worked out as well as was hoped?

I've read a few negative opinions on here since she won the title and there have been rumblings that management have been disappointed with how her run has turned out.

So what's up. Was she overrated? Does she just not fit the WWE mould? I know AJ was taking time off but they couldn't seem to wait to put the title back on her.

I can't put my finger on it and it may be because I was more than well aware of her from the British scene before she came in, but she just seems out of place.

She is excruciatingly bad on the mic or in any segment where she has to act at all or do anything other than wrestle. Like, amongst the worst I've ever seen. She was brought up from NXT too soon, almost seemed like it was done just to pop that post-WM Raw crowd. Seemed a decent idea at the time, but hasn't panned out. I think she is a good worker, just needs time to develop her character skills. She was outclassed on that front by every woman she worked with since she won the Divas title and that includes all the ones in NXT too. She's so young that I've no doubt she will be excellent in a couple of years time.

I'm not even a fan of AJ, but I was delighted to see her come back and take the belt off Paige.

• Paid Members
Gutted for Wade - bad injury & gone for months, just when he was really getting over & you could tell that they were actually getting behind him.

I know at least one person has suggested this for every wrestler above total jobber status who has got injured since the original in 2002, but an RNN-style segment to keep Barrett on TV in some capacity seems perfect for him.

He seemed to really be gaining some momentum, and a fair share of cheers. HHH seems keen on him, otherwise I doubt he'd keep doing the impersonation, and using him on TV as something of an unofficial hitman for the Authority.

I don't think the gimmick has been well established enough to go away for 4 months and come back to pick up where he left off, but continuing to deliver bad news from afar could work. Done right, actually, they could turn him into a massive babyface when he comes back, IMO.

Edited by Statto

• Moderators
Didn't like the way Paige dropped the title either. Didn't sit well with me, made it look like she was simply a placeholder champ whilst AJ had been gone. Paige deserves better than that.

Why does she? She hasn't been Grade A on the main shows as yet. It's easy to look good in the microcosm of NXT, maybe she wasn't ready to be heavily featured on the proper shows yet. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

I dont watch alot of Paiges stuff but I thought she was pretty good on the mic this week, by Diva standards of course. She was trading shots witht he most natural talking Diva they have though, whether that helped or hindered though im not sure but she certainly seemed comfortable talking.

I know at least one person has suggested this for every wrestler above total jobber status who has got injured since the original in 2002, but an RNN-style segment to keep Barrett on TV in some capacity seems perfect for him.

He seemed to really be gaining some momentum, and a fair share of cheers. HHH seems keen on him, otherwise I doubt he'd keep doing the impersonation, and using him on TV as something of an unofficial hitman for the Authority.

I don't think the gimmick has been well established enough to go away for 4 months and come back to pick up where he left off, but continuing to deliver bad news from afar could work. Done right, actually, they could turn him into a massive babyface when he comes back, IMO.

You're right about it being suggested for pretty much everyone but if that sort of role was made for any gimmick it'd be Barrett's

I'd have him come out to do colour commentary at Battleground for the Battle Royal then have him on Raw every week, its only the same as what he was doing at the beginning of the year anyway

Surprised people thought it was a great Raw. I haven't watched one since Mania season, so I guess I'm subconciously comparing it to that but I thought there was a lot of guff. I couldn't care about the main event, I couldn't care about the four way at Battleground, I couldn't care about Kane main eventing, I couldn't care about that Tea product and I couldn't care about the Fandango story. AJ coming back to win the title was good for Paige as she'll be better as a heel for sure. The impact of Jericho's returns are diluted for me, and I've not cared about him for years anyway. The opening segment was great and Steph and Triple H are excellent heels. Rollins and Ambrose are great, but the Rollins/Ambrose cash in thing was predictable - not that it's a bad thing, just did nothing for me. I'd say I'm clearly not enjoying the product but I enjoyed Money In The Bank.

Also, I predicted at Money In The Bank that Orton turns face soon. I'm going to stick by that