The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

It's going to be unbearable, isn't it? I'd actually prefer it if they pre-recorded this one and put canned crowd noise over the top of the whole thing just so I don't have to put up with how pathetic it is.

• Paid Members

Some Wrestling fans are just the worst.

I never usually miss a Raw but just for the fact that this is going to be awful to watch due to the crowd, I'm tempted to wait for the show report from people on here first.

• Moderators

I never usually miss a Raw but just for the fact that this is going to be awful to watch due to the crowd, I'm tempted to wait for the show report from people on here first.

That's a terrible reason not to watch! They are awful people no doubt, but I still want to watch and see what happens!

• Paid Members

That's a terrible reason not to watch! They are awful people no doubt, but I still want to watch and see what happens!

Same here. To be honest, I'm probably very lucky in that I'm not overly distracted by this crowd. Not because they're not annoying, but because their chanting and whatnot doesn't "sound negative", if you get my meaning. The only time it bothers me is boos and "boring" chants, which tend to stand out. When it's stuff like "Randy Savage" or "CM Punk", I find I can tune it out to the point where it just sounds like generic crowd white noise.

Also, I find myself enjoying the product to the point where I can just ignore the chants anyway. It's much more difficult when you can hear distinctive words - like when I found myself stuck next to a couple of twats at the TNA tapings in Wembley last year; they kept yelling stuff like "over-sell!" or "great heel work!" Thankfully, I had some mates in another part of the arena who had a load of empty seats next to them, so went and sat with them after the first half hour of the show.

• Paid Members
Plus everyone on the internet that isn't at the live shows slating him, that's a good majority of the fan base.
That's not true though. The internet makes up a miniscule population of the fan base, and the crowds at a few raws (and it has only been a few) don't necessarily represent a majority at all. It's a tens of thousands versus millions.

I don't know the ratings either, I must admit, but people booing at shows doesn't mean a huge amount. It can become a huge amount if the TV audience start to associate him with that stuff, but it doesn't yet

I was saying the large amount of fans at shows plus the internet community is a large majority, not just the internet fans alone.

I know you were. I'm saying it isn't. Rereading, I wasn't clear on that.

Chest, didn't you give me shit for admitting that I tune Dem Wans (again, thanks Pitty) out? What's happening now is exactly why I do.

I've got quite skilled at it, when I want to. I had no idea there was a 'We Want Tables' chant during the best six man tag match of all time (yes, I said that and yes, I'm sticking with it.) until someone pointed it out to me.

A positive, mad-for-it live crowd is infectious and impossible to ignore. They make the product better. But these wallies just sabotage the product to feed their own narcissism, its far better to pretend they don't exist.