The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Hopefully EC3. He’s mostly rubbish and I could do without him stinking up NXT with his average matches. Between him and Roode, I feel like I didn’t miss much not watching TNA for all those years. 

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Plus, it’s easy to forget because he’s so advanced in terms of character and presentation, but Dream still needs work on his in-ring stuff. He’s the definition of a developmental talent; he’s got more potential than almost anyone at the level he’s currently at, but there’s still loads of improvement to be made. 

Although, I can’t lie. I also don’t want him going to the main roster because selfishly I want to continue enjoying him in NXT. The moment he arrives on Raw or Smackdown, it’s over. The fun stops dead.

He goes from being this fluid, cool character who’s always wearing and doing different things and he becomes as one-note as the rest of them. We won’t get anymore awesome vignettes where he’s surrounded by smoke. We won’t get anymore fun skits in mansions were he gets thrown in a pool and acts like he’s melting. He probably won’t even continue wearing those awesome PPV-specific tights. None of that is Vince’s style nowadays.

At most, he’ll get the traditional three or four vignettes to build up to his debut, then he won’t get another one for the rest of his WWE career. No backstage daftness, no on-location angles, just loads of wrestling in long wrestling matches that have loads of advert breaks. He’ll be boiled down to one outfit (see Ronda in her awful T-shirt and jeans) and a singular character trait that both he and the announcers can repeat endlessly. If I was to guess, it’ll be something like, “he’s so flamboyant~! Nobody is more flamboyant~! than the Dream!” And then that’ll be his entire character forever. No deviation, no development, that’s it until he floats so far down the card that he’s eventually released.

We won’t even get the simple, yet super effective storylines that lead to his PPV matches. You can’t get simpler than, “I want you to say my name,” or “I’m the Prince of NXT and you’re the supposed King, let’s have a scrap to see who rules this Kingdom.” It’s all so simple and 101 in NXT, yet that’s the beauty of it. It’s the stuff that works because it’s always worked. And then you go up to Raw and Smackdown and they refuse to do the simple stuff. It’s got to be all shooty and snide, where everyone feels like an unlikable prick. Everyone’s got to do the same weird, shit selfie promo, use Twitter in dead boring, shallow ways and then trade wins until the end of time.

It’s totally backwards to say, but yeah. The Dream is too good for the main roster. He’s the most promising talent in years. They may as well keep him down there until Vince pops his clogs. It’s morbid and smarky as fuck, but it’s true - the only chance he has of ever reaching his full potential is if Vince is long gone. 

Edited by Supremo

• Awards Moderator

I hope Shayna Baszler gets called up completely unchanged. She's so good at playing the arrogant bully bitch who can go a little psycho if needed. I hate her smug face, she's great. 

• Awards Moderator
51 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I hope Shayna Baszler gets called up completely unchanged. She's so good at playing the arrogant bully bitch who can go a little psycho if needed. I hate her smug face, she's great. 

She’s fantastically hateable. I have no hope for her on the main roster. Trading wins with Ruby Riott within three months.

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

She’s fantastically hateable. I have no hope for her on the main roster. Trading wins with Ruby Riott within three months.

She's one of those heels that you have to grudgingly respect because she backs it up. Very old school.

Just caught Ambrose's return on YouTube. Now that's how to look coming back from injury, up there with Edge's Rumble return for polar opposite reasons. Looks like they got Dean off the mountain jogging and plyo pushups and onto deadlifting and steak and ale pies. The haircut's a massive improvement but only because the hobo beard matches it, and the lunatic twitching combined with those new traps makes him look like a proper pitbull.

• Paid Members

Two hours and fifty five minutes of one of the most boring Raws I can ever remember, with almost nothing of note happening, and then they bring back the Shield and I'm like a kid again. Those bastards. It's the cheapest way ever to get Roman cheers, but fuck it. I love these three together. I love the music, I love the flack jackets, I love the entrance, Im all in. It was so disappointing last year when we didn't get a full Shield reunion so I'm completely fine with us getting one now. I also thought it was interesting that they went three-on-one with Strowman, a babyface. If they keep doing that, stopping him from cashing in, that's surely a heel move? Imagine if they did a Shield reunion with all three as heels. RIP my balls.

• Paid Members

They've got to be heels. Either that or on the hell side of the fence tweeners. Read something about Raw lacking star power on the heel side but on the face you now have Strowman, Lashley, Balor, Roode and easily a solo Wyatt to combat against The Shield, Ziggler/Drew, Owens, Corbin, Mojo. Its not the greatest star power in the world admittedly but it opens up a ton of fresh dynamics especially if you do keep them on the fence as all for one and for nobody else and have them continue to fight Ziggler etc. Fans will cheer/boo them whoever they're against maybe now its time for a third booking bracket.

Is the Australia show before Survivor Series? Part of me sees them beating down HHH and Taker to go back to old problems leading to a six man at SS with Big Match John as part of the old guard.

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members

I think Braun might be the heel, based on the idea that he keeps saying he's not going to cowardly cash-in, only to do exactly that. God, it's tough trying to understand their writing sometimes.

One thing that's definitely worth thinking about - they had this Shield reunion planned and didn't do it at Summerslam, instead deciding to do that bait and switch and instant cutting of the feed once Roman won. They could've done this twenty four hours earlier and Roman's coronation would have felt far less like an orchestrated con job on everyone watching.