The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

That a fair if she has only signed a year long contract but I have no clue if that's the case if Ronda is wanting to stick around for 5-10 years then WWE can't sustain her current act for that long a period without brushing up her basic skills. You said Ronda is like Goldberg. I see her more like Dennis Rodman, a celebrity who is dipping their toe in to the world of wrestling, get in get out and make as much money as you can in the process which I hope isn't the case especially when you know Ronda has has always been a wrestling fan and has great respect for the business.

The question is does Ronda want more than what she a been given or is she happy with the 5minute spots she's being given? I'd of hoped that being a life long wrestling fan and having respect for the business she would have wanted more for herself than what is currently being presented. If she's happy playing the role of a celebrity in wrestling then good for her but as I say I see more potential in her if she was or is willing to go back to basics and get a better understanding of what it takes to be a wrestler

• Paid Members

Im with C Rock, Ronda should have gone 40 mins with Alicia with lots of fighting from underneath and near falls before she struggles out to beat her. 

Thats how you build to summerslam! 

OR 

You could carry on the story that shes an unstoppable machine with a mission to smash bliss. 

• Paid Members

I think we can all agree that Goldberg’s most recent run, filled with five minute sprints, was nowhere near as good as his 2003 run when he was having long matches to learn the fundamentals like selling.

• Paid Members

How anyone could watch that Rousey match and not think it was absolutely perfect, I don't know. Madness. Fair play to Fox too, I've never enjoyed her for a minute in her twenty years with WWE but she was great here.

12 minutes ago, Bukamania said:

Paul Heyman was phenomenal last night.

Outstanding. Some of the best "acting" you will ever see in pro-wrestling. Just great, great range.

• Paid Members

I can’t remember ever seeing acting in pro-wrestling as good as Heyman last night. That was fucking incredible. If Brock is definitely fucking off to UFC then they’d be crazy not to keep Heyman on the payroll. He more than proved his worth with that interview. 

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'd love Heyman to fuck Brock over and go with Reigns. Would be an incredible heel act. A pipe dream but still.

It really would, wouldn't it?

A ready made Mania main event for next year too with Seth Rollins if he can carry on his current popularity.

In the mean time you can feed him Balor, Roode, play off his recent history with Braun, then you have Ambrose coming back which would be a good lead into a Rollins feud at Mania.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, C-Rock said:

I see her more like Dennis Rodman, a celebrity who is dipping their toe in to the world of wrestling, get in get out and make as much money as you can in the process which I hope isn't the case especially when you know Ronda has has always been a wrestling fan and has great respect for the business.

So she's a money-grabbing celebrity with great respect for the business. Got it.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Outstanding. Some of the best "acting" you will ever see in pro-wrestling. Just great, great range.

Paul Heyman really is in a league of his own. And ideally, a role would absolutely need to be found for him, both on screen and behind the camera. Consultant or in creative. 

But in my opinion the various set ups within WWE may not allow him the ‘freedom’ he could want. On screen, could it be argued he’s ‘too big’ a presence for commentary? Especially with the 3-man tables all the shows have now?

History has shown that placing him with almost any other wrestler than Brock Lesnar doesn’t tend to work (though many found his run with CM Punk to be very entertaining) and for now the company seems to want to carry on with Kurt Angle as RAW General Manager and Paige in the same role on Smackdown.

Creatively, out of the shows, RAW probably needs a new pair of hands guiding it most, but again, I think the current creative set-up places limits on the Head Writers in that their final scripts go through 1-2 more layers before Vince then signs off or alters further. Also, there’s no guarantee that Heyman would even want the job if it became available to him, given his other interests.

Part of what makes his on-screen character so fascinating is that it is so unlike anything else in the product (in design and presentation) and you get the feeling he has ownership over his performances in a way most others do not. I don't know how true this is but I have seen it suggested here that he has a certain amount of creative control over himself and Brock Lesnar’s storylines. 

So of all the things I have mentioned, consultancy/production of segments may be the only thing that could work in the current environment? Possibly? Maybe? The current roster gets the benefit of his experience and interpretation to get the best out of what they are asked to do.

That aside, anything else?

• Paid Members

Heyman worked very well with Punk in what was a completely different partnership to the Lesnar one. He hasn't worked with guys like Cesaro and Axel who've been a complete afterthought. It's not like he's ever had a stable. The focus has clearly been on one star, a Lesnar or Punk, rather than the other guys. Personally, I think Heyman can turn his hand to anything as above but there is no point if it's not the focus. A relationship with Reigns definitely would be and would be awesome.

• Paid Members

I adore the idea of Heyman paired with a newly turned Roman. No-one could do more with that than Heyman. Imagine Paul cutting promos on the fans for booing Roman all these years whilst Roman stands beside him, Title over his shoulder, smirking like a dickhead. It's perfect.

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Heyman worked very well with Punk in what was a completely different partnership to the Lesnar one. He hasn't worked with guys like Cesaro and Axel who've been a complete afterthought. It's not like he's ever had a stable. The focus has clearly been on one star, a Lesnar or Punk, rather than the other guys. Personally, I think Heyman can turn his hand to anything as above but there is no point if it's not the focus. A relationship with Reigns definitely would be and would be awesome.

I know you mean in his WWE run but..

19911123_dangerousalliance--72f456c61c09