The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

You've got a returning monster teaming with the most believable monster in a generation, with the Intercontinental Champion, and with the former Tag Champs - collectively a hefty percentage of the viable heels on the RAW roster - all just waiting to be thrown under the bus for the Shield Reunion Tour. I'd almost prefer if to have been The Shield vs. Miztourage now, so the Shield could just barrel through some schmucks as a "hey, we're back" match, rather than it being at the expense of more than half of the heel side of the roster (and that's not even an exaggeration). It's full-on DX reunion shit.

It also ignores the whole point of the Shield as "strength in numbers" to have their first match be against a larger team - okay, so that's a story to tell in its own right, "using their tricks against them", but you don't do that in the first match.

Don't know if I'm being too generous but I thought they'd piled it up to 5 on 3 so that the heels can win and set up a proper 5 on 5 grudge match at Survivor Series.

• Paid Members

You might be right, but I just don't see The Shield jobbing in their return match, even to 5 (+2) men. I would say it equally goes some way to undermine the Shield's selling point if they reunite as a team only to lose and need to draft in two mates.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Because he retired his brother? Or am I missing something bigger?

The Undertaker thing. I'm guessing. Maybe they're going to ruin Braun Strowman too by inventing some inane backstory about how he and Kane are bezzie mates from way back, but I think it's more likely that Kane's angry at Reigns for retiring Undertaker and he's only just got around to doing anything about it.

• Paid Members

Plus Kane has had issues with The Shield before. He was in that TLC match where they made their debut. He lost his tag titles to them. He suffered a lot of defeats to The Shield. Him and Seth not getting along during the Authority stuff. Maybe in storyline terms, if they explained it, Kane never forgot and wants revenge. 

• Paid Members

a 5/7 on 3 handicap match sounds a touch excessive, especially when 2 of the members of the 5 man team are monsters. This is almost DX/Spirit Squad levels of ridiculous.

Has there been any mention of where Lesnar is? I FFWD most of Raw at the moment, so I might have missed them saying something.

Is it a case where they have said that he is waiting for the next challenger to emerge, or have they just not bothered saying anything about him?

• Paid Members

I don't even think they bother explaining his absence anymore. They've used the suspension angle to death with him so I think they just assume everyone knows he's off hunting and therefore don't bother mentioning him.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

a 5/7 on 3 handicap match sounds a touch excessive, especially when 2 of the members of the 5 man team are monsters. This is ...ridiculous.

WWE and ridiculous seem to go hand and hand at the moment:

DMTpZ2IVQAEsd_Y?format=jpg&name=large