The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Meltzer reckons the plan is still to do the three-way at Wrestlemania. They're absolutely crazy it that's true. Becky and Ronda are magic together. Charlotte is completely unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Again, Vince has proper lost it if he manages to fumble this one. It's not like the years of Brock v Reigns where he's been cluelessly desperate to get us to cheer his boy and into the match. On launch, the fans are into this. It should be the easiest thing in the world to get over the line.

No, Vince! No!

I think we can all agree Charlotte is good, but no one wants this other than Triple H and Ric Flair. Even Charlotte probably realises it's rude.

• Paid Members

I'll give them credit where it's due. If you want me to dislike Nia Jax for her character rather than the fact that she's a terrible performer, the girl-who-starts-fights-with-lads-knowing-they-can't-fight-back is a pretty effective character. 

I wonder if Ambrose's daft HBK-against-Hogan bump for the Curbstomp has anything to do with him being on the way out? 

Minor pet peeve - they are NOT going to be the first EVER Womens tag champions!

Sorry, but I was a Glamour Girls/Jumping Bomb Angels fan back in the day.

Anyhoo, yeah you just know they are going to have Charlotte say 'Becky was never in the Rumble, should never have been in the Rumble and if she hadn't have been in the Rumble I would have won!' as a means of getting her in the match and royally pissing everyone off.
Personally I'd have her v Asuka in a 'you have never beaten me one on one - I broke your streak' re-match at Mania but, hey....

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Anyhoo, yeah you just know they are going to have Charlotte say 'Becky was never in the Rumble, should never have been in the Rumble and if she hadn't have been in the Rumble I would have won!' as a means of getting her in the match and royally pissing everyone off.

I'm sure she will, which at least (hopefully) means she'll have a full-fledged heel turn to go with it (she's face now, right?).

The thing is, if anyone has a genuine gripe with Becky, it's Lana, not Charlotte. But chances are they'll just completely gloss over that. 

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

I'm sure she will, which at least (hopefully) means she'll have a full-fledged heel turn to go with it (she's face now, right?).

The thing is, if anyone has a genuine gripe with Becky, it's Lana, not Charlotte. But chances are they'll just completely gloss over that. 

Not if Rusev has anything to do with it they won't!

I mentioned it in the Rumble thread, but I’m guessing there will some shenanigans regarding Becky’s win, as it was ‘no authority’ Finlay who put her in the match. 

If Charlotte HAS to be involved in the buildup, do Becky v Charlotte at Fastlane, Becky wins but you’ve then got the added element of her focus being taken away from prepping for Rousey, and then you show her training like a mad-freak in the lead up to Mania. 

You can get to Charlotte/Asuka at Mania by having Asuka day that Charlotte is the only one to have beaten her fairly, but she knows that she can beat Charlotte and Asuka challenges Charlotte instead

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm as convinced as anyone that they'll shoehorn Charlotte in to ruin this but that would leave Asuka without a top opponent. Asuka vs. Charlotte and Becky vs. Ronda makes so much more sense.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. As much as I don't want to see Asuka drop the belt, they can always have Charlotte win one belt, Becky win the other, then do a staredown at the end of the show or something.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a multi-woman match for Asuka, though if they're doing the Battle Royal again and have Women's Tag belts by then, there's less impetus for them to have to do that.

1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I mentioned it in the Rumble thread, but I’m guessing there will some shenanigans regarding Becky’s win, as it was ‘no authority’ Finlay who put her in the match

I think if they didn't mention it on RAW, they're going to gloss over it - unless Charlotte brings it up on Smackdown. My fantasy booking is Vince getting pissed at Finlay for making decisions above his station, suggesting that it was an Irish bias, and booking Finlay in a series of "punishment" matches to give him one last run. Never happening, mind.

3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. As much as I don't want to see Asuka drop the belt, they can always have Charlotte win one belt, Becky win the other, then do a staredown at the end of the show or something.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a multi-woman match for Asuka, though if they're doing the Battle Royal again and have Women's Tag belts by then, there's less impetus for them to have to do that.

I think if they didn't mention it on RAW, they're going to gloss over it - unless Charlotte brings it up on Smackdown. My fantasy booking is Vince getting pissed at Finlay for making decisions above his station, suggesting that it was an Irish bias, and booking Finlay in a series of "punishment" matches to give him one last run. Never happening, mind.

Aside from Finlay’s last run, there’s no reason why they couldn’t do that as a one show storyline. Don’t dwell on it, just mention it and as a result Vince books Becky v Charlotte at Fastlane

• Paid Members

Am I remembering correctly that one of the announcers actually referred to him as "WWE Producer Finlay", or words to that effect? Obviously he was given a bigger role than the usual "break up a fight" spot for a producer, but it's rare you see them credited by name, so there have been some consideration to have the fact that it was Finlay's call in particular play into it.

If nothing else, it was nice for him to be given that spot, considering the largely unsung role he played in the development of the women's division.

Asuka vs Charlotte rematch (with Asuka, winning) is the way to go.  There's an great story to be told in the build up and during the match there.

Won't though.  Charlotte will be added to the Lynch/Rousey match (she does have a reason to at least earn a chance at it, which won't have been coincidence I'm sure).  And like someone else said, Asuka will probably defend in a 4 woman match or something.

4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Am I remembering correctly that one of the announcers actually referred to him as "WWE Producer Finlay", or words to that effect? Obviously he was given a bigger role than the usual "break up a fight" spot for a producer, but it's rare you see them credited by name, so there have been some consideration to have the fact that it was Finlay's call in particular play into it.

If nothing else, it was nice for him to be given that spot, considering the largely unsung role he played in the development of the women's division.

If they did, I must have missed it. I reached down to have a swig of tea while it was going on, and then my mate burst out with “who the fuck putting fucking Finlay in charge?”

• Paid Members

An addition of Charlotte to the match just reeks of a massive unnecessary concession so Vince gets what he wants, in the end. The story is the plan was always Ronda v Charlotte at 'Mania, but then Becky Lynch had to come along and turn herself into the hottest act in the business. Rude.

If they are on the ball, they should definitely tease spoiled Charlotte getting in there and ruining the match the fans want, only for Becky to prevail (maybe with Asuka's help).

• Paid Members

I think they'll go with Becky VS Charlotte at the next PPV with the No.1 contendership on the line. Becky wins, Charlotte goes off to challenge Asuka instead- with Asuka calling her out to avenge her loss last year. Plus, it spaces out the build between Becky & Ronda because you know they'll find a way to make us sick of the feud between them between now and WrestleMania- there's a lot of TV between then and now. A Becky/Charlotte mini-feud in between will break things up nicely.

And at some point I fully expect Becky to smash Lana to pieces in another No.1 contendership match on Smackers.

They'll need to keep Ronda busy in the meantime, especially for her next PPV match. A brief feud with the recently-recovered Alexa Bliss?