The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Great Raw as said. I'm a set lover and was annoyed they kept the summer slam set on. I guess the previous ones were just modified place holders until this was ready.

I didn't think triple h over did the stuff in the ring and they finished off with great shots of Owens. Are we to assume that we'll get a shield reunion now in the near future. I could see shield vs club at survivor series.

Loved Dana Brooke in the scrubs, apparently I have a nurse fetish and never knew.

Cole called it a "suicide dive". (I think it may have been Bayley's)

That's gotta be the first in over a decade hasn't it? Usually it's just a "dive"

I thought overall RAW was enjoyable enough though. I enjoyed the opening with Owens, Cass, Reigns and Rollins. All four did well, even with Seth's laugh slipping into the equation. That, along with the individual video packages, made the main event feel even bigger. 

Jericho's interview backstage continued Jericho's excellent run of late. "no he isn't going to get it, that doesn't even make sense you stupid idiot" And his match with Neville was a good, fun opener. An old fashioned Walls of Jericho rather than just the renamed Boston Crab that he's been doing for years. Cole even called it the Liontamer.

Nia Jax against that other bird is an acceptable match because it gave us the chance to see Andrea D'Marco, who may just be the best the best looker on the roster right now. 

I didn't really get the Sami Zayn match against Mahal. It was there to play up Zayn's injured ankle yet before his finisher he's jumping up and down on it, after selling the injury so well for the rest of the match. The finish was just daft.

They've now saddled The Club with a shit gimmick and a shit "tag team" partner in Dana. I still like New Day though and given how over they remain, it makes sense to put Bayley with them to. Inside the ring, Gallows and Anderson remain quality though. They've gone from jokes about cock and balls to acronyms for old fart.

Much like their match at SummerSlam, Sheamus and Cesaro was fine if it's the first time you've seen them go at it. I hope that the Cesaro back injury is a work just so we're not getting these two going at every single week and it just breaks the routine. Also the way Sheamus handled the "what?" chants was excellent. Not very often do I praise Shemaus on the mic, so this a big well done.

Strowman is ace in this role. Eventually though it has to move beyond just squashing folk.

Heyman and Steph? Pretty boring in all honesty as was the Titus/Young match. I really don't know where that feud is going or why we're getting it in the first place. New Generation, throw Bob Backlund there. New Era, throw Bob Backlund there. I can't wait for the next "new" phase of wrestling so 90 year old Bob Backlund can be wheeled out again.

Main event was fantastic. The crowd were well into it and from booing Reigns, they turned to joining in with his roar. Owens looked like the opportunistic type. Rollins is turning face, it has to happen. And Cass again excelled but should not be getting a proper singles push any time soon. Keep and Enzo together. Triple H being made to look better than the rest is expected in today's WWE. Every past star is better than the current lot. They keep reminding us often enough. The stare off with Foley at the end and the look on Steph's face though, suggests that this is the start of a power struggle between Trips and them. 

Owens and Ambrose are our two champions. I'm happy with that.

I hate to be one of those but I thought Owens would win it, it was just far to obvious for them to put it on Rollins, admittly I never saw HHH returning

I don't know how I feel about it, I never been a fan of Owens tbh, I just hate how everyone on the internet calls him 'a great heel' whilst marking out over something he does or says, it kind of seem a huge contradiction.

Rollins as a face just stinks of money if you ask me and I would like to think this is the start of a slow turn for him,  by Royal Rumble time he could be white hot

I LOVED the mixed tag match. Two great pairings, Dana brook is starting to become one of my favourite workers, she is juts a great heel jobber, I wouldn't mind her becoming a permanent member of the club 

Owens may have been a good heel 25 years ago, but if the fans are cheering him then he's a shit heel now. He's like Rollins and does far too much flashy crowd pleasing shit for a heel and is too funny too. He has also been booked like a total midcarder in the 50/50 zone and brings the belt down more than it brings him up. Owens is actually my favourite wrestler to watch in the ring but he's going to be a midcard champion like Chris Benoit, while the real stars (HHH, Rollins and Reigns) are the main focus. He won the belt in the worst way possible too.

I guess all the stars aligned (brand split, drug failures, injuries, no stars, no babyfaces) and we are where we are. Let's hope he gets a fair crack.

Probably looking a little too much into the ending but I'd like to think we'll look back on this as being Triple H putting his guy over Vince's #1 guy, sort of marking the beginning of the Triple H era, dammit.

Yeah, I'll take that, from a logic point of view, actually. They might as well go right through the looking glass and treat Roman as a postmodern experiment of a new kind of 'pushed star' that the fans hate, compared to HHH the seemingly unimaginable champion of the modern wrestling fan.

Alright, so it doesn't fucking marry up with about four years of HHH's character but we're blatantly not even supposed to be arsed what happened three weeks ago anymore, so let them do away with that.

• Paid Members

Whilst I'm happy they went with Kevin Owens as champion, and I'm definitely interested in tuning in next week, he feels very much like Dean Ambrose in that it's too little, too late.

Both guys were a revelation when they came in, showing a confidence in the ring and on the mic that very few possess. They also both had that moment when they felt hot enough to make into a World Champion superstar. And in both cases they were overlooked and booked deep into the midcard, so much so that now they've been given the opportunity the moment feels like it's passed and neither guy feels anywhere close to as hot as they once were or could have been had the trigger been pulled at the right time.

The Kevin Owens who beat John Cena in his first night should've been champion. The Dean Ambrose who was in that belting Last Man Standing match at SummerSlam 2014 should've been champion.

These guys feel like tribute acts to how hot they once were and how much momentum they once had.

I gotta say as well I love all the new production things that started on Sunday night. The new set is still modern looking whilst a bit smaller and bringing back some of the darkness. It looks like an entrance set and not one wall of the arena. LED ring posts are brilliant. And all the grey walls and crash mats look much fresher and proper Nitro 99. They've got that balance between cutting edge and moody now I think.

/productionwanker

• Paid Members

Sadly they were adamant we should be buying Roman Reigns for two years that their unwavering approach meant nobody else was getting a look in. It's a shame, because it's all been for naught seeing as Reigns is getting the "you have to eat some shit to enjoy the taste of it" push. You have to wonder how long Vince will go for the average looking boys in t-shirts as his champions though. It's quite bizarre, really.

Edited by ColinBollocks