The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Just cant be arsed with RAW at the minute. My interest in WWE is often dictated by the main event fued - I dont mind roman Reigns but he doesnt have it and I cant stand AJ Styles so its a real turn off for me at the moment. Everything is just so boring.

Usos and Gallows/Anderson have facedd each other, what, 5 shows in a row now including SmackDown, nothing new ever seems to happen either

And dont even het me started on the sleep inducing feud between Ziggler and Corbin that feels like its been going on for about 10 years.

I dont think ot helps that im currently bingig on 2000 WWF on the network, like night and day to this current joke of a show.

I've enjoyed watching Styles settle into the WWE, yeah I knew who he was and saw him many years ago in the indies but not really followed him extensively but think he has done well, however if you didn't know about him or seen him then its going to be a struggle to buy into him as he hasn't got a character as such (not saying its a bad thing as he can make things work in the ring), in some respects he reminds me of Beniot and does his story telling in the ring and not on the mic (we'll leave any other comparisons there).

As for Raw this week.

Steph/Shane still doesn't feel right, its been said before but it doesn't feel like they are brother & sister. 

Rusev is only winning the US title to give Cena something to do when he comes back.

Ambrose promo sounded like something written for Bray Wyatt, didn't sit well with me although I am enjoying the Jericho/Ambrose feud, Jericho just seems to get better with each passing week. 

I still love Charlotte, I think she is miles ahead of the other Divas (or women, whatever they are being called this week). 

I've enjoyed watching Styles settle into the WWE, yeah I knew who he was and saw him many years ago in the indies but not really followed him extensively but think he has done well, however if you didn't know about him or seen him then its going to be a struggle to buy into him as he hasn't got a character as such (not saying its a bad thing as he can make things work in the ring), in some respects he reminds me of Beniot and does his story telling in the ring and not on the mic (we'll leave any other comparisons there).

As for Raw this week.

Steph/Shane still doesn't feel right, its been said before but it doesn't feel like they are brother & sister. 

Rusev is only winning the US title to give Cena something to do when he comes back.

Ambrose promo sounded like something written for Bray Wyatt, didn't sit well with me although I am enjoying the Jericho/Ambrose feud, Jericho just seems to get better with each passing week. 

I still love Charlotte, I think she is miles ahead of the other Divas (or women, whatever they are being called this week).AGre

Agree with you wholeheartedly on the Jericho front.  His heel work has been so strong during this run he's largely stopped the smarks from chanting Y2J at him which is quite the accomplishment in the present climate.

If he was sticking around I'd happily have him get a run as a corporately endorsed world champ or something. 

• Paid Members

At one point during the show, I saw two fat blokes in their probably mid-late twenties in New Day shirts standing up desperately chanting "We want Rollins!" as loud as they could and trying to get the people around them to join in. It was like a perfect capture of the state of pathetic wrestling fans these days. It made me sad to see it.

• Paid Members

Pretty disappointing show to be honest. Rollins getting a great reaction and then reverting to his Batman villain act in five minutes was a sails and no wind moment. Going straight to Rollins/Reigns isn't for me either. I'd have waited for SummerSlam because it's the biggest match they have other than Reigns/Cena.

Having five MITB qualifiers on one show seemed a bit rushed and wasteful. Be interesting to see the rating this week to see if the really long Styles/Owens match draws a third hour number.

Not much interesting progression if I'm honest. Sheamus snapping got my interest. AJ breaking up with Gallows & Anderson went on a bit but got where it needed to be. Otherwise? I'm struggling.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Aye, it was one of those Raws that just went on, wasn't it? And I was fast forwarding the majority of it.

Seth Rollins got a thunderous pop, and they should have anticipated that, had him respond accordingly to it (or even play it 'tweener'), as opposed to - as our Rick so elegantly put it - the Batman 1966 Villain route.
I'm nearly sure he did that horrendous laugh too, or did I imagine it?

People want to cheer him (moveset!111!, innit) and boo the other lad, so why the top brass are so opposed to it is beyond me.
But maybe that's why I work in an office shipping freight and peoples random personal effects instead of Titan Towers.

Owens winning clean was great to see too. I like AJ and all, but with Styles' impending feud with the club the right man won, because at the moment there is nobody more entertaining than Owens. And there's something rather attractive about him, too, which is quite unnerving.

• Paid Members

I'm sure Roman is top seller outside Cena among the kids so they're into a position where by it doesn't matter who the fans want to cheer again.

I'm not having a pop at Reigns. I think he's been tremendous these past couple of months and is a joy to watch.

I just think they need to step back, turn him baddie - because he'd be such a great baddie - before turning him goody again, and THEN he'd be the absolute man.

It would work. Of that I am sure.

Apollo Crews shines again on RAW...

Wasn't anywhere near ready for the step up. He wasn't even at the top of NXT. Seems like he's there to replace Neville for the time being, but he's nowhere near as good.