The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I thought Voices was tremendous for the character when he was going through his "IED" phase, which lead into my favourite Orton performance ever, full-blown psychopath at Breaking Point.

That side of his character was short-lived and an age ago however.

• Paid Members

Orton has been dull since he turned babyface post-Legacy. Since then it's like they or he sort of gave up.

Since then I've only really enjoyed his feud with Bryan in the spring of 2013 and that time he was Rick Rude for a day. For the most part, he's felt like an after thought.

I completely disagree.  I think Orton is miles better as a face these days rather than the whiny heel character he played in the Authority.  I want to see him coming out and beating people up for no reason, not whine to Triple H that something hasn't gone his way.

I reckon his best work was just after he finished with Legacy up until when he lost the World Title to Mark Henry.  He was on fire at that point.  He was a mystery partner for Triple H on a Raw not long after Wrestlemania 26 and got one of the biggest pops I've ever heard which doesn't get talked about a lot.  That feud with Christian in 2011 was excellent, and featured that weird split-legged jump thing he did which is still my favourite Randy Orton moment ever.

• Paid Members

So WWE are reporting that Lana and Rusev are engaged... 

As first reported by TMZ, former U.S. Champion Rusev and Lana are reportedly engaged. The Ravishing Russian had been romantically linked to Dolph Ziggler in recent months and Rusev fielded a proposal from Summer Rae just last week, but it would appear that any lingering problems between the power couple have been resolved. Why did Lana have a change of heart? Tune in to Raw live at 8/7 C on USA Network for more, and stay with WWE.com as this story develops. 

So where does this go now?...I'm hoping the end of all this Ziggler crap and Rusev goes back to killing people again (Ziggler hopefully).

Edited by extacy of farts

That's the thing though isn't it.  When pretty much the whole of the crowd will know about it anyway from Facebook, Twitter and what have you; it'd be kind of insulting their intelligence not to acknowledge it.

You only have to look back to the Lita, Edge and Matt Hardy stuff to see that the crowd will jump on that kind of stuff immediately, and that was about 10 years ago wasn't it?

I'd go as far as saying that is not only the best Orton-related moment but the best thing WWE have done full stop in years - certainly since Shawn Michaels' ridiculous overselling against Hogan

Christian and Charles Robinson play their part too by just looking at Orton as if to say "you've cracked"

Edited by Trout Stain

• Paid Members

With regards to WWE acknowledging Lana and Rusev's engagement, what an absolute joke that creative team are. Fucking chimps. They couldn't have made a bigger dog's dinner of the booking of Rusev since the end of the Cena feud if they had tried.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

Probably be a swerve and Dolph and Lana will drop 'shit' on Rusev/Summer. Probably the best the chimps could think of. Honestly I'd give a Russo a go.

EDIT: Rusev is fucked isn't he. Serves him right. Trying to have a real life.

Edited by WWFChilli

Ignoring the New Day's lil bit (how often are we saying that lately?) genuinely had more fun at the last funeral I went to than watching that Raw. Morbid.

RIP Rusev