The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I aint watched raw yet but what was the reaction of the live crowd when they showed the ad?

They went mental when the orchestra turned round with the masks on and when Sting's face was shown. Then booed like fuck when the WWE 2K14 logo came up.

:-) he has got to be on wwe tv soon surely.

I aint watched raw yet but what was the reaction of the live crowd when they showed the ad?

They went mental when the orchestra turned round with the masks on and when Sting's face was shown. Then booed like fuck when the WWE 2K14 logo came up.

It must have been a massive disappointment to see the logo come up if you were live in the arena. Luckily, I'd already read about it being an advert or I'd probably have been gutted as well.

You've got to think that's it now.

Same as Warrior, Game and HoF and then off you go.

Such a shame, I think, but if they had any plans of making him more than that, then I would assume that'd be the last way you do it.

The way they handled Warrior made sense because he had nothing left in the tank. Sting, I'd have thought, would have had a couple of more in there. They seem to not think so.

• Paid Members

Such a shame, I think, but if they had any plans of making him more than that, then I would assume that'd be the last way you do it.

The way they handled Warrior made sense because he had nothing left in the tank. Sting, I'd have thought, would have had a couple of more in there. They seem to not think so.

Possibly, but I wonder if there is an element of testing the waters with regard to introducing him to their mainstream audience. Obviously the internet gets a massive lob on whenever the possibility of him coming in exists, but they probably want to see how the casuals react considering he's been off TV (as far as most WWE fans are concerned at least) for over a decade.

• Paid Members

Bearing in mind that you could get Sting in the ring still in a limited capacity, you couldn't with Warrior. Plus Sting has spent years in some capacity on wrestling TV. They brought the Warrior out on RAW which is more than I expected, but he was never able to do anything beyond that. Sting however, there's plenty of possibilities.

They had Brock hype a WWE game before eventually having him back in the fold. I think it's a matter of time when Sting will finally be there properly.

Possibly, but I wonder if there is an element of testing the waters with regard to introducing him to their mainstream audience. Obviously the internet gets a massive lob on whenever the possibility of him coming in exists, but they probably want to see how the casuals react considering he's been off TV (as far as most WWE fans are concerned at least) for over a decade.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

It would have been worse if they'd have run that vignette and Sting debuted to complete silence or a slight murmur - don't forget Bret Hart, a former WWF figurehead, returned to practically complete indifference in 2010. Sting has never been in WWE so it's understandable they want to see how their core audiene reacts before doing anything further.

If there's money to be made and ratings to be had, Sting will appear in a WWE ring.

Funny seeing Swagger involved in a hugely over and entertaining angle,and Cesaro treading water.Wouldn't have predicted that a few months ago,sticking Heyman with him really was an awful decision.

Pretty boring Raw otherwise,fucking sick of AJ's annoying face already too.

I love Zeb (he can make virtually anything work) and have always had a soft spot for Swagger but I really can't get into them as faces, way too Tea Party for my liking and frankly I can't be arsed with a story line that belongs in 1985. Shit nickname aside Lana is incredible.

How much of a fucking geek does Ziggles look?

Paige last night was the best she's been since she debuted. Her demeanor and voice are all better suited to the fake friend deal she's doing now. AJ Lee is still crap in every way. Why do certain ones have the big fascination with her and pretend she's great? Just because she's small and looks young?

I think the WWE title four-way has been built really well, considering it's a match that absolutely nobody can care much about. The dissension between the faces and heels was all decent. The only real problem with it is how illogical it is that Triple H put Reigns in the match at all, but I'm expecting/hoping that some screwjob on the night explains that away. We got the storyline explanation for Lesnar vs Cena as well. Ambrose had a good showing in the beatdown at the start too, all three Shield guys have been going from strength to strength.

Why do WWE keep changing their minds on whether Ziggler's from Cleveland, OH or Hollywood, FL? Or is it just the Raw and Smackdown ring announcers choose different homes for him? I suppose he's taken Santino's spot as opponent for Fandango for six months.

Swagger and Rusev were good, catching the kick into the ankle lock was great! Rusev crushed him in ten seconds at the MSG show according to one report I read, wonder if the same will happen Sunday. Swagger's got a fair bit of momentum at the moment, but surely that's going to be all over when he loses and he'll be back to just being Swagger, only a babyface.