WWE Money In The Bank 2013

Arch Stanton

Predictions Poll  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe Bryan not winning will work out ok. If the plan was to have him turn AND lose to Cena at Summerslam, that would have been fucking shite. Perhaps they've decided to go with him as a face champ so he'll get a run down the line once Cena drops the belt. Though as has been noted, feuding with Axel doesn't really make any sense. Let's hope it's conveniently forgotten.

Favourite bit of the night was the crowd going "No! No! No!" instead of counting when sheamus was clubbing Bryan on the ladder. Sheamus gets less positive reactions on PPV for whatever reason. He is fucking dull on the mic, I suppose.

I like Sandow with the briefcase. He can use it to be even more of a smug tosser, should get him some good heat.

A Jericho, Kaitlyn, Henry treble comes in at 330.50/1.

Singles, doubles and a treble on the above three looks very tempting.

D'oh!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

I sort of wish I hadn't stayed up for that. Got back from the airport just before it was due to start and thought, why not. Disappointed I missed the pre-show tag match now, will it be on Youtube yet?

The opening MITB match was my favourite of the night. I liked the Sandow/Rhodes story, the Shield interference was great, and the Real Americans/Usos/Shield brawling gives me hope for tag team stuff in the future that makes the PPV. Ambrose was my favourite in the match, I love his style, it's refreshing to watch and he did a few things that I hadn't seen in a ladder match before.

The cutting to the panel at various points I quite liked, it's a nice way to feature some people who don't have a match. Could have done with cutting one of them to feature an RVD return promo or something, though, rather than him just come out for the match and go through his motions (major ouch for Sheamus falling on the ladder courtesy of RVD).

Didn't like the Brad Maddox bit, and Miz vs. Axel seemed to go on for ages. Miz getting Heyman sent to the back before Heyman had even done anything particularly heelish was in itself a bit of a cock move. Kaitlyn vs AJ was fine, Jericho vs Ryback was okay (but it took this thread to remind me who'd won, and I watched it a few hours ago...), Ziggler vs Del Rio was quite good - I really want to like Dolph as a face, and judging from that match he's getting there, it just needs something intangible to click and it'll be all sorted.

Cena vs Menry was never going to live up to that RAW segment, and it did fall a bit flat for me, probably because the result was a foregone conclusion. Good idea to put it on before the All Star MITB - less easy to predict who'll win that, knowing who the champion is, than the other way round. But I couldn't see a world of Henry vs. anyone from that match for the title, so it all felt a bit obvious, and I'm not sure what happens to Mark from here.

Wyatt video package was brill, I need to catch up on them. Was expecting, after them showing that, for the Family to turn up during the main event, possibly with Kane, but they didn't. Did Bryan say anything about Kane on SmackDown?

Main event was alright but all a bit usual-stuff for me. RVD looked as he always has done, and really most of them had a good chance at winning which is what you want from a MITB match. Liked the Punk-Heyman story - Punk vs Lesnar at Summerslam seems inevitable now. Orton winning is fine I suppose.

Overall, it was alright, but I probably could have used the time to watch a few recent Shield matches, the Wyatt debut that I missed, and some NXT instead...

• Paid Members

Agreed with the earlier point that the first two matches (including the pre-show) were by far the best on the show. The Usos & Shield match being considered amongst the best of the year wouldn't be over-hyping it for me at all. Great, great match.

From the point it was announced right up until the point the bell rang, I thought the "All Heels" match was a bizarre booking decision, and was (like others) expecting a Booker T return to mix it up. What I certainly didn't expect was that it would be used as a vehicle to turn someone face, but it was executed perfectly. They trusted the reaction Cody would get for putting on a stormer in Philly, and were proved right. Yes, he'll need to cement it with a "proper" face turn tonight, but that's already set up.

Anyway, I came to realise it wouldn't have mattered a jot if all the guys in the match started and ended as heels, as it's a match style based on ruthlessness & brutality in any case, and heels are just as happy to do that to other heels as to faces.

I wouldn't be sure an Axel vs Bryan "feud" is nailed on. Yes, they'll likely wrestle, maybe as soon as tonight, but it surely is a "wrong place, wrong time" deal with Axel going out to stop whoever looked like they were going to get there, to aid Heyman in making his point to Punk. Orton isn't likely to cash in quickly IMO (and will surely turn heel in doing so?) so I still wouldn't be surprised to see Bryan installed as no.1 contender for SummerSlam over the next couple of weeks.

Interesting to note that both MITB matches effectively had the same "guy screws over the bloke he called his best friend in the world minutes before" finish. I did snigger a bit at some of the "TOTALLY CALLED WEEKS AGO THAT HEYMAN WOULD TURN ON PUNK AT SOME POINT OMG!!" reaction I saw to the Heyman attack on Twitter last night. The sleazy heel manager attacking the recently face-turned former client who has told him he doesn't want anymore to do with him and whose other major client mysteriously attacked his former stablemate a few weeks back? Surely not?!

I thought they were a good crowd. Clearly a strong, intelligent wrestling crowd but compliant enough to go along with everything. They went with the Cody turn, popped for Orton and even booed the Heyman turn.

The only match they didn't seem arsed with was Ryback/Jericho, but in their defence that match was really shit for 75% of it, great for 20% and then back to really shit for the final sequence.

I decided to give this one a go, I'm now sat here rather tired and rather regretting the decision. The whole event overall was just rather bland and shite throughout. The opener was the best part of the event with a tremendous performance from Cody Rhodes. I haven't seen much of Sandow so don't really rate him but was disappointed with him winning the briefcase. I'd have liked Barrett to get this (therefore actually doing something meaningful for the first time in almost 3 years).

As much as I like Randy Orton, I really, REALLY don't want to see him feud with Cena, ever again. I'd have also loved to see Henry to have won the title last night, the bloke was really over with the crowd and would offer more as champion than Cena (Cena has feuded with bloody everyone over that title).

It was alright, I guess. Not one I'd go out and buy when it comes out though. I just wasn't too pleased with many of winners and/or the finishes.

The Smackdown MITB match was certainly the highlight of the show, there were some fantastic spots in that and Cody Rhodes was terrific. I like Sandow but not that thrilled about him winning because his gimmick just doesn't scream main eventer to me.

The RAW one was good but it wasn't quite as good as it looked on paper. RVD hasn't missed a beat, he fit in pretty seamlessly. I'm not a massive fan of Orton winning, though it is the first time in about three years that he's actually been relevant. I can actually take Cena vs Orton again but Orton's stock has fallen so much that it's not the big match it was anymore. The Heyman turn on Punk was fantastic.

Ziggler/Del Rio was good, I can see why they went with the DQ ending considering they were doing another turn later and Cena/Henry was okay but didn't like Henry tapping out like he did. Axel/Miz and Jericho/Ryback were alright but fairly forgettable and after seeing the great pre-show tag match, I kind of wish that replaced one of them.

I like Sandow but not that thrilled about him winning because his gimmick just doesn't scream main eventer to me.

As things stand though, he isn't going for a main event title.

I like that they've done something with Sandow. Bad times for Barrett though. He was super over as the Million Dollar Man to Cena's Virgil.

• Paid Members

I caught the first MITB match and the last one, fell asleep between, perfect timing.

I enjoyed both matches, very fun, the first being a bit better. I also caught the Maddox bit, which was shite. He seems pretty uncomfortable. I'd much rather have big Scotty Stanford as the GM. I think he'd be bloody great as a heelish GM.

I thought it was an above-average show with only one stick out match in Cena/Henry. Even though I wish Henry picked up the win to freshen up the title scene a tad, that match is exactly what I want out of my wrestling nowadays. Simple stuff done right and not doing crazy flips just for the hell of it. I felt suckered into every near-fall and it was a fundamentally great wrestling match.

The opener ladder match was really fun stuff too. I didn't see the twist with Sandow turning on Rhodes after Rhodes pretty much worked the entire match as a face and I thought it was handled very well. The other ladder match felt like an effort to sit though. There was nothing terrible in it but I felt rather burnt out at this point and the main event went on way too long for my tastes. Not to discredit the match completely, there were some cracking spots such as a the beautifully crisp RKO and Sheamus's nasty fall.

Everything else in the show didn't stick out and was somewhat mediocre. Del Rio/Ziggler took a great drop in quality compared to their brilliant match last month and the dodgy finish didn't help matters either. Other matches like Axel/Miz and Jericho/Ryback were just downright bad.

Archived